Battle timer starts before it lets me move

stohelit
149 posts Member
edited October 2017
In timed battles (such as arena, ship arena) the timer starts counting before it gives me a chance to move. The timer also keeps counting while my (automated) opponent moves, and while it animates my moves. The problem is that the timer is ticking in real time during all these things, regardless of how long the game takes to actually do the things.

The game has gotten slower, and slower with time (as later versions have come out). In a recent battle, it was 2 minutes between when it started the timer, and when it finally gave me a chance to move. (My team was faster, so I got the first move, but it sat there for 2+ minutes with the characters drawn, but it hadn't finished some things, and hadn't put up the controls so I could tell my character to attack.)

The time any given battle action takes should be standardized (for character 'x' to do a particular attack should take so many seconds, regardless of how fast my machine is, or what communication delays there are, or whatever). If you have to drop some frames, or skip the animation/sound, or make the clock advance in chunks to make this happen - fine. But I should not be penalized for whatever problems the program is having keeping up. I also should not be penalized (or given an advantage) based on how fast my machine is, or how fast my communications are.

(It should be like a chess clock - I get so much time to see the state of the board, and make my moves. Whatever time it takes the computer to do its thing should not be deducted from my time.)

Replies

• Sounds like you are having an issue on one end or the other, no one in the crew has reported or said they experience anything remotely like what you are describing. Try reinstalling the game in case it has a corrupted file possibly? Barring that, it it be your device, too many things open in the background possibly?
  • The issue here is not the slowness (although that would be nice to fix), but the fact that the timer is running in real time, so when the game runs slow (for whatever reason, be it slow hardware, bugs, running out of space, the AI takes a long time to decide what to do, whatever), then the user is penalized. If the AI takes 5 minutes before making it's first move, I would have an almost unbeatable defensive team, but a pretty uninteresting game.

Currently it appears that those with fast machines get advantage in arena and ship arena.

As far as the slowness:
    I run cleanmaster Lite - phone boost to get rid of some of the extra junk in RAM.
    I don't run any other applications at same time as SWGOH.
    (Android doesn't really give adequate control of what is running.
    Items that have processes running (or at least that show a force close button) are: Firefox, Discord, CleanMaster Lite, OpenVPN for android, OS Monitor, SuperSU, Dioptra, NoBloat Free, SD Fix
    (Not using any of them when playing, they are just there.)

Phone is an LG Optimus Exceed 2. (LG VS450PP)
    Android 4.4.2
    Connection is WiFi to a Verizon MiFi 6620L JetPack (4G LTE)
    195 MB free

Restarting the phone will make swgoh run faster for a while.
    I have cleared the game's cache file occasionally. (The cache has so many files in it, makes me wonder if just hunting through all those files might slow it down some).
    I will try reinstalling to see if that helps with speed.

However none of that will help the base issue, that the timer is counting how fast my phone is, not just how long it takes me to make my moves in arena battle.

Thanks.