Building a Resistance squad in the current meta.

Olga
1333 posts Member
Okay I have a spare zeta and I'm thinking of giving it to Finn and working on my Resistance squad.

My finn is only 5* but I just got CHS to 5* so I can focus on getting finn up to 7* now. Level 85 G8.
Poe is 6* but going up to 7* right now. Level 85 G8.
Rey is 7* G10 I used to use her in the early days. Level 85 too.
My RP and RT are both 7* level 85 G8.
I also have R2 level 85 G11 with both zetas.
I also have BB8 7* but he has no gear or levels or abilities. Just plain white.

So if I wanted to build a strong resistance squad, what direction should I take?
Also bear in mind that I would prefer not to use R2 if possible because in TB he is still useful in rebel squads, so maybe he is better used in a rebel squad than a resistance squad.

This squad is mostly going to be TB focused, so if it means throwing in a light side plug-in character, I'm okay with that idea too.

Replies

• First Finn lead, poe, RT RP and rey, then if bb8 is geared put him in for rey.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So you think just use my current G10 rey while working on my BB8?
    What gear level should I be looking at for the rest of the squad? I've heard they don't need to be that well geared to still be good.
  • If you want arena viability, you need R2. However in territory battles you can swap him for Rey. You can do BB but you already have Rey geared and from experience (granted I had all 11s) you'll clear all 6 waves with no problem, sometimes even no air strike
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    I'm not looking to use them in arena, just TB and maybe GW. But as I said, I'd rather not use R2 for TB because I can use him in rebel squads.
  • Olga wrote: »
    I'm not looking to use them in arena, just TB and maybe GW. But as I said, I'd rather not use R2 for TB because I can use him in rebel squads.
    GW use R2 for the stun, AoE and stat boost. But for TB you can drop him and go: Finn, trooper, Poe, Pilot, Rey, and you'll be fine but try and get some gear and Finn and Poe to 10 and def give Poe a ton of speed
  • Ruivussan
    310 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Vanilla Resistance is pretty good in TB. Maybe you want your Poe's gear a little higher, add some health to his speed with mods. Sometimes in sections 5 or 6 in TB, the troopers can get a train running and it's all over fast.

I have been doing the same, Rebels with R2, Jedi, and Resistance. It works out pretty well.

The gear 8-9 Resistance leveling kinda sucks because they all need cuffs and fusion furnaces.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Well I think I have about 5 furnaces saved but yeah, kinda sucks if I have to spend them all on resistance lol.
  • Thiff
    40 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/Mj4KSC8Jsr0
    Great vid:) not my
  • Poe needs a lot of speed and potency. Otherwise a fast r2 stuns him and your expose train never leaves the station
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Thiff wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/Mj4KSC8Jsr0
    Great vid:) not my

Hey that's me! :)

I just started playing around with resistance again in arena recently and am pleasantly surprised how well it does in the current meta... I started using them again in anticipation of BB8 but I've found that the "ReZidstance" team fares better in arena

Sid going behind Poe plays a big role since he hits all the exposes that Poe lays down (while applying more) and really helps get the team rolling...

It's a fantastic team against those annoying GK/ Zarriss squads... defensively it's not that amazing and raid Han can shut this team down very easily.

Still I don't really drop very much overnight (less then I typically did with CLS led rebels) and can pretty easily beat any team in the top ranks to climb back up for payout.

You're going to get lousy RNG sometimes and not land exposes and then it just falls apart... but more often than not it will win on auto vs most teams and is very fun to play

Gotta love it when things go perfectly and the other team never even gets a turn ;)