General Anakin Skywalker

General Kenobi is one of my favorite characters in this game because of his kit, and how accurate he feels when compared to the Obi-Wan we all know and love. I'd like to propose a few changes, that could potentially bring out the same "realness," in Jedi Knight Anakin. The first of which would be a name change. Yes, Anakin was a Jedi Knight. But in my opinion, he was more of a General than a Jedi during much of the Clone Wars. He seemed to thrive in battle, and only enjoyed his time away from it when hiding away on Naboo with his wife.

General Anakin Skywalker
Deft Bladework Basic. Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing and Buff Immunity for 2 Turns. If the target already had Healing Immunity, remove 30% Turn Meter. If the target already had any negative status effects, reduce all of Anakin's cooldowns by 1.

Tell Me Your Secrets Special, 4 Turn CD (starts on CD). Deal physical damage to target enemy, inflict tenacity down on all enemies for 2 turns, then stun the primary target for 1 turn.

Everyone On Me Special, 4 Turn CD. Anakin gains 80% Turn Meter and recovers 10% Health and Protection for each buff on himself. All buffed allies gain 20% Turn Meter.

Righteous Fury Unique. Anakin gains 10% Turn Meter whenever another Galactic Republic ally takes damage. Whenever another Galactic Republic ally is inflicted with a negative status effect, Anakin gains Defense Up for 2 turns. If Anakin already had Defense Up, he gains Offense Up for two turns. If Anakin already had Offense Up, he gains Retribution for two turns. If Anakin already had Defense Up, Offense Up and Retribution, he gains 5% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

Attachment Is Compassion Unique. All instances of Turn Meter gain for Anakin are doubled when any of the following allies are damaged or included in a negative effect: Padme Amidala, Ahsoka Tano, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and R2D2.

Always On the Offensive Leadership. All Galactic Republic allies gain 30% Offense, 20% Critical Damage and cannot be countered when using a special ability. Whenever an enemy recovers health or protection, all Galactic Republic allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Deft Bladework was upgraded with the numerous Jedi assists in mind (Aayla, GK, QGJ and Ezra). Tell Me Your Secrets will force choke the primary target for the animation (think Poggle from the Clone Wars season 2). Everyone On Me will look similar to General Kenobi's The Negotiator. His reworked unique, Righteous Fury, is intended to be more reliable and less predictable (for the enemy) than it previously was. It also builds off of other Jedi buffs such as QGJ's Offense Up, GK's retribution and Plo Koon's Defense Up. Always On the Offensive was intended to retain the offensive boosts, while allowing the popular AOEs of all Galactic Republic allies to be utilized without significant punishment from counter attacks.

I feel like this kit shows a more aggressive side to Anakin. Though he was a protector, the care he had for those closest to him brought out a darkness from within. I feel like that is what he was missing most in the original design.

Replies

• That would be cool
  • Thanks ;)

Just trying to bring out the Side of Anakin that makes him different from every other Jedi during the Clone Wars.
  • Padmee? Seriously
  • This would be an amazing character.
  • Haha, thanks a ton. Got hyped up watching the Clone Wars. Anakin deserves to be so much better than his character reflects.
  • I really like this. The biggest problem they have with him is the expose. That just ruined him. This would make me actually invest in him again
  • Thanks for the feedback. Anakin deserves to be more of a leader in my opinion :)
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. Anakin deserves to be more of a leader in my opinion :)

Heck yeah, I love this idea. I've read it over twice now, It doesn't even look OP. It looks powerful with great synergy and the potential to help shape a new meta, but not game breaking or anything like that. I love this idea, well done!
    Thanks for the feedback. Anakin deserves to be more of a leader in my opinion :)

Heck yeah, I love this idea. I've read it over twice now, It doesn't even look OP. It looks powerful with great synergy and the potential to help shape a new meta, but not game breaking or anything like that. I love this idea, well done!

Thanks a ton! I feel like a Jedi rework is in the works. Luke's journey isn't over, and the faction itself will need a revamp in order to fit the current trend of increasing synergies. I would like for Anakin to play a strong support role, while still holding onto his offensive capabilities.
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Thanks a ton! I feel like a Jedi rework is in the works. Luke's journey isn't over, and the faction itself will need a revamp in order to fit the current trend of increasing synergies. I would like for Anakin to play a strong support role, while still holding onto his offensive capabilities.

I agree entirely! I predict January or February maybe for that (probably just wishful thinking) but it'd be amazing. I really want to see Plo Koon with Emerald Judgement, Eeth Koth isn't even important tbh, like the idea of adding in Pong Krell, Aayla is pretty good as she is, but hasn't got much synergy, and Kit Fisto should deal more damage and be faster. The rest are pretty okay as I see (besides the JK Guardian of course)
  • Krell would be an amazing addition. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaaki Ti could be added as well. Mace Windu, Plo Koon and Kit Fisto need some rebuilt kits. Really hope they don't let us down ;)
    Krell would be an amazing addition. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaaki Ti could be added as well. Mace Windu, Plo Koon and Kit Fisto need some rebuilt kits. Really hope they don't let us down ;)

I totally forgot about Mace haha he DEFINITELY needs a rework. And yeah well you know EA.... they NEVER let us down
  • Rex_Skywalker
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    That would be amazing but I don’t really agree with the Attachment is Compassion unique ability because in one of the episodes he kind of said the opposite
    Post edited by Rex_Skywalker on
  • That would be amazing but I don’t really agree with the Attachment is Compassion unique ability because in one of the episodes he kind of said the opposite

He says the opposite, but it's about what he truly believes. Anakin kills for Padme. Anakin would kill for R2, Ahsoka or Obi Wan (at different points in his life). Sometimes we say things we don't necessarily mean.
  • Thanks for the feedback though!
    Krell would be an amazing addition. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaaki Ti could be added as well. Mace Windu, Plo Koon and Kit Fisto need some rebuilt kits. Really hope they don't let us down ;)

I totally forgot about Mace haha he DEFINITELY needs a rework. And yeah well you know EA.... they NEVER let us down

Give him counter chance and anti sith synergy
  • This is a cool idea. Clone Wars did a much better job of portraying Anakin than the movies did.
  • Tothebar wrote: »
    This is a cool idea. Clone Wars did a much better job of portraying Anakin than the movies did.

Totally agree. The clone wars Anakin is the only one I liked.