Ackbar + Commander Luke Proxy Team

I've been experimenting with an Ackbar/Luke proxy team. The basic premise is simple: Ackbar's leadership skill causes a Rebel to attack any time an ally uses a skill that isn't an attack. So by limiting the team to two Rebels (Ackbar and Commander Luke), you're frequently causing Luke to attack out of turn. And thanks to his Zeta ability, Luke will constantly be bumping up his allies' turn meter every time he lands status effects on these out-of-turn attacks.

I've tried a couple different combinations, but none seem to really hit the mark. Does anyone run an Ackbar/Luke proxy team that DOES NOT include General Kenobi, Thrawn, Hermit Yoda, or BB-8 (I don't have any of those characters yet)? So far, the team I've experimented with that seems to have the most potential is Ackbar, Commander Luke, Poe, Finn, and Emperor's Royal Guard.

Replies

• I ran Ackbar(L) CommanderLuke, R2, Lea, Shooretruper abd be easy in top50, sometime top 20.

That Team lifes from the extraattacks and the pure Power of Lea!!' Try out and Tell ur Thoughts :)
  • I read this as "Commander Luke Perry".

Also, I seem to recall some of the best characters to go with Ackbar's lead were Ezra, Pao, and Leia... I'd probably throw in Bodhi too, just to balance out CLS with some janky guys.
  • Ackbar cls plus say... raid Han. Better limiting Ackbar to 1/3 of than 1/2 of assists.
    Just ran ackbar cls zolo plus FOO and zfost through GW. Amazing. Fost can call assists on any action and FOO reduces fosts cooldown so he alone taunts/potential calls 2 assist(leader and unique) every 2nd turn. FOO grants 100% TM to ally every 2nd turn(between turn reduces oponents TM) and also triggers leader ability. Basically cls and Han go crazy and obliterate everything. Just auto'd node 11 with kenobi, nihilus, thrawn, shore and DT. Even with opponents having constant critical immunity they were beaten and stunned to death.
    Was a beautiful thing.
  • Ackbar, CLS, Leia/R2 (your preference), Zeb, Ezra has been a fun team for me
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I've been running AA, CLS, Leia, R2, and GK. Works fairly well. Especially considering the fact that my AA and Leia are only G10. My R2 always goes first, and the specials don't create a counter attack. It's fun. I typically land around 30, but can climb into the top 20 if I'm able to battle close to payout.
  • Hi all,

Any suggestions for a CLS substitute? Not unlocked him yet but really want to try Ackbar as lead.
  • Ezra works well with AA as a potential CLS substitute
  • As others have said, Ezra, Leia, Han and R2 are all good options but are all rebels and you seem to want to make CLS go as much as possible. SRP would be an option too to boost allies' tm.

As for non-rebels, you ruled out all the good ones already lol.
  • I read this as "Commander Luke Perry".

Well, that's what I'm going to call it now. HA!
  • And work on hermit yoda and get even more attacks out of CLS
  • I think we should just be able to run squads consisting of 5 CLS’s. I mean let’s get down to brass tacks.
  • lamatoe wrote: »
    Ackbar cls plus say... raid Han. Better limiting Ackbar to 1/3 of than 1/2 of assists.
    Just ran ackbar cls zolo plus FOO and zfost through GW. Amazing. Fost can call assists on any action and FOO reduces fosts cooldown so he alone taunts/potential calls 2 assist(leader and unique) every 2nd turn. FOO grants 100% TM to ally every 2nd turn(between turn reduces oponents TM) and also triggers leader ability. Basically cls and Han go crazy and obliterate everything. Just auto'd node 11 with kenobi, nihilus, thrawn, shore and DT. Even with opponents having constant critical immunity they were beaten and stunned to death.
    Was a beautiful thing.

This sounds great!

I have so much to work on though to get there.

Also like...
    I read this as "Commander Luke Perry".

Also, I seem to recall some of the best characters to go with Ackbar's lead were Ezra, Pao, and Leia... I'd probably throw in Bodhi too, just to balance out CLS with some janky guys.

Looking at Bohdi, his skill set could make some funs things happen but his cooldowns look quite high.
    Again, my Bohdi is only 2/3 stars.

So many options and distractions in this game!

I want to try something different from most of the teams you see and you guys have given me some great ideas.

• I tried Bohdi but his skills didn't activate the Ackbar leadership.
    I guess they must count as attacks.. or i wasn't looking closely enough :/