Seeking assistance from fellow players about recovering account

Hello,
I'm hoping maybe a couple of you out there have dealt with something similar to my current situation and can possibly help me out with a little insight. A week and a half ago, I was in a car wreck and my phone (iPhone) died. The only replacement I was able to get from my carrier was an Android phone. Of course I wanted to continue playing GoH, so I contacted EA to see if they could transfer my game data over from iPhone to Android. They had no problem locating my old account based on the information I provided them, but for some reason, they cannot find my new account, even after I posted a screenshot directly from the game with my Player ID. I have only played through the tutorial on the new account, and am therefore only level 2, and have no ally code. I still have a player code though and am unsure of why they are unable to find me..the EA support crew has not been able to offer much assistance, outside of recommending I create a new account by "uninstalling and reinstalling the game," but neither that, nor deleting the game's data from the Google Play app and my phone, will give me a new account. It just always links me back to the same "new account" with the same player ID they can't find.

Has anyone dealt with anything remotely similar to this? Do I need to level up my new account and receive an ally code before I can get my old account linked to my new phone? I am unsure of where to go at this point but would really like to get back to my old account before I miss out on BB-8 :( So please, developers, fellow gamers, anyone who can help, please give me some insight on other possible solutions or what you did to resolve your situation. Thank you!