Automatic mod optimization

I wondered, why sites like http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/ do not have some kind of automatic mod optimization done. You would set your preferences of stats and it would spit out optimal mod assignment.

Must be easy, right?

Not really.

But as I started to think about it, there was no stopping me until ...

https://youtu.be/QD2doYG_J3M

Replies

• Nema
    136 posts Member
    You could organise it on Excell
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    why don't you just request CG does it? It would probably work as well as the AI does in Arena....

prioritize tenacity over speed and protection. because you know. tenacity is the most useful stat?
  • Shonkathonk
    519 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    gunff wrote: »
    why don't you just request CG does it? It would probably work as well as the AI does in Arena....

prioritize tenacity over speed and protection. because you know. tenacity is the most useful stat?

Lol you mean like how ai loves to cleanse something rubbish like a single dot?

Apparently you can’t use an s word that describes not being clever without it being censored, hence the edit
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Moved to wrong section, IMO.
    Post edited by Platzman on
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Thanks for the guide. It doesn't belong in 'General', but as you pointed out, it certainly doesn't fit in Feedback: Gear and UI either, so I'm going to go ahead and shuffle this off to our Guides subforum as that seems to be the most appropriate place for it.
  • With some experience with optimizer I now have so many ideas how to improve it..
    And how to turn it into app / web app with proper UI..
    I “only” need to learn programming in java / python, some html and find some 150-200 hours to actually create all that I designed. Piece of cake …
  • This is awesome! You sir are a badass. Keep working on it.
  • Ddot
    22 posts Member
    Platzman wrote: »
    With some experience with optimizer I now have so many ideas how to improve it..
    And how to turn it into app / web app with proper UI..
    I “only” need to learn programming in java / python, some html and find some 150-200 hours to actually create all that I designed. Piece of cake …

Im pretty sure you could start a post titled PROGRAMMERS NEEDED
    Any swgoh fan that does programming would be all for the cause.
  • J7Luke wrote: »

I knew this one when i started my own. Too far from what I wanted.

• Platzman wrote: »
    J7Luke wrote: »

I knew this one when i started my own. Too far from what I wanted.
    Oh. It works pretty well for me; I figured I would put it out there just in case. Good luck on your project!
  • You know, nothing against it. +I like minimalistic design of it.

But it does not really let you say
    1) “ok, I want this char to have max speed & damage output , potency with lower priority, some standard survivability.”
    2) It uses Crit Chance, crit damage and offense. I usually care only about damage output, calculated from them and toon max geared stats, which for different mod collections may be achieved better by offense flat mods, sometimes through offense perc mods and sometimes by cc&cd set.
    3) It does not test how mod combinations of 6 mods work together, including mod sets. Blind usage of rancor recomendation of “Use offense + CC set for this char” may not give the best output for your specific mod collection.
    Maybe you do not have decent offense set mods farmed, maybe your CC+CD set would be better. Or triple CC set with CD triangle. Or double CC set + speed set one marvellous piece + tenacity another marvellous piece.
    Collections differ a lot. And when optimizing 20th toon for TB, you do not have many ideal mods left.
    4) Input more toons at once, so that e.g.5th toon does not use anything used on first 4. Especially useful for modding 30 toons for TB.

I have some more ideas what it can do and exactly how to execute it in my engine.:).
    e.g. options like “USE only max mods” for pilots, “Use only fullsets” / “allow use of nonset”.
    Adjustable stat weights (I have currently fix assigned weights to values 1-5 of each stat)
    Add team modifiers to calc (r2 unique, some leader abilities and to correctly affect right toons)
    Add specific modding styles e.g.Zariss (max health)
    Add option to “only remod when gain is more than 5% of score” so that it does not urge you to change many mods around for miniscule gain on non arena toon.
    Negative stat weights (e.g. for B2 to avoid crit chance)

• Platzman wrote: »
    You know, nothing against it. +I like minimalistic design of it.

But it does not really let you say
    1) “ok, I want this char to have max speed & damage output , potency with lower priority, some standard survivability.”
    2) It uses Crit Chance, crit damage and offense. I usually care only about damage output, calculated from them and toon max geared stats, which for different mod collections may be achieved better by offense flat mods, sometimes through offense perc mods and sometimes by cc&cd set.
    3) It does not test how mod combinations of 6 mods work together, including mod sets. Blind usage of rancor recomendation of “Use offense + CC set for this char” may not give the best output for your specific mod collection.
    Maybe you do not have decent offense set mods farmed, maybe your CC+CD set would be better. Or triple CC set with CD triangle. Or double CC set + speed set one marvellous piece + tenacity another marvellous piece.
    Collections differ a lot. And when optimizing 20th toon for TB, you do not have many ideal mods left.
    4) Input more toons at once, so that e.g.5th toon does not use anything used on first 4. Especially useful for modding 30 toons for TB.

I have some more ideas what it can do and exactly how to execute it in my engine.:).
    e.g. options like “USE only max mods” for pilots, “Use only fullsets” / “allow use of nonset”.
    Adjustable stat weights (I have currently fix assigned weights to values 1-5 of each stat)
    Add team modifiers to calc (r2 unique, some leader abilities and to correctly affect right toons)
    Add specific modding styles e.g.Zariss (max health)
    Add option to “only remod when gain is more than 5% of score” so that it does not urge you to change many mods around for miniscule gain on non arena toon.
    Negative stat weights (e.g. for B2 to avoid crit chance)
    Good points. If you can figure out a way to do all that, please keep this thread updated. It would be awesome to have access to a tool like that.