Dark side 5-A Hard

This level seems pretty much broken. Chewie goes berserk and takes two-three actions in a row with no turn meter and sometimes no animation beginning after the third or fourth round, his abilities have no cool down, he dispels stuns in one turn, and in general beats me like a red headed step child every time. Every single time I get him below 50% health he heals to 75%, then shoots me a couple times.

I've searched the forums and tried the strategies suggested.

1.kill him first, he and all his minions beat my heroes to death and then whittle down my one good Dark side hero (Ventriss 7*, 9 gear, 4400 power) and the borrowed hero (usually a 6-7* Sid or Phasma at or above 5000 power)
2. I've tried killing him after lobot. Same result.
3. Kill all his minions and then him. Same result though I last the longest like this.

Replies

114 posts Member
    Options
    I had to use sid and klyo to block his healing, I took out loboot first then the dwarfs lol, I saved my group attacks for when chewie taunted so I could still damage everyone rather than wasting attacks on chewie. I think jedi anakin has healing block to.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Kill Lobot -> Chewie -> Ugnaughts. If you can't do it in that order it probably your toons. What else are you running?
  • Options
    I'm stuck here too for now. I managed to kill everyone but chewie. I asume it's the boss mechanic but he dispells all my effects as soon as I put them on him. So I popped sids aoe then Vader and chewie just removed them before I could pop culling blade off. I can see letting him dispell but every single effect....that seems a bit much. Ah well I suppose. I will keep trying
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I'm stuck here too for now. I managed to kill everyone but chewie. I asume it's the boss mechanic but he dispells all my effects as soon as I put them on him. So I popped sids aoe then Vader and chewie just removed them before I could pop culling blade off. I can see letting him dispell but every single effect....that seems a bit much. Ah well I suppose. I will keep trying

Kill Chewie before Ugnaughts. It will prevent him from going berserk.
  • Darth_Katsumoto
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@Telaan
    I will try that next. Thanks. I have only tried it once so far. My dark side and progression came to a halt to focus on yoda but things are back to normal so perhaps I can gun chewie down this time lol.
  • Options
    If you searched for those strategies, you probably overlooked the most common - get more levels, stars, and gear. But it also depends on your line up. Get a phasma and Sid lead for crits and extra attacks. Talia and daka for heals. Daka and Dooku for stuns. Without knowing anything about your characters, it's kinda impossible to see what you are missing
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    @Telaan
    I will try that next. Thanks. I have only tried it once so far. My dark side and progression came to a halt to focus on yoda but things are back to normal so perhaps I can gun chewie down this time lol.

I 3*'d it easily by kill Lobot, then Chewie, then Ugnaughts. I used enough AOE to drop the Ugnaughts into the red so that once Chewie was dead I could use one more AOE to kill them all.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    @Telaan

I 3*'d it easily by kill Lobot, then Chewie, then Ugnaughts. I used enough AOE to drop the Ugnaughts into the red so that once Chewie was dead I could use one more AOE to kill them all.

As someone else said I'm sure gear level and stars would help lol. Basically they aoe my dps down early so I was stuck with two toons vs chewie and with no aoe for him I just couldn't hurt him enough before he heals. I will give it another shot and see what happen .
  • Options
    I did it with Phasma (L) - 63, Sid -63 , Boba - 58, Talia - 56, and Dooku -56 . Borrowed a decent Old Daka. Now I got lucky the first time at this level in that in the first and second rounds I only had the 3 Bespin Wing Guards. So when I got to the final round I had everyone still available.

For the final round, it was kill Lobot, AE the crap out of everything and then clean up the remaining Ugnaughts. Chewie did go berserk, but I managed to outlast him with Sid being able to consistently hit him with Healing Immunity. That was mostly luck that run to get through it as I only 1 Starred it.

I've gone back since and three starred fairly easily with a Mid 60's teams. The problem usually at high levels seems to be competent borrow allies.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    @Telaan

As someone else said I'm sure gear level and stars would help lol. Basically they aoe my dps down early so I was stuck with two toons vs chewie and with no aoe for him I just couldn't hurt him enough before he heals. I will give it another shot and see what happen .

Yea toon development are big for 5a and 5b. A decently geared Daka is a must at the bare minimum.