Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    FrankW71 wrote: »
    So nothing for IOS users. That's cold hearted

Ask Apple why you don't have Rey shards.
  • Hanu wrote: »
    I don't see anywhere they state purchase in usd
    I called and emailed them EA let's see how long they take to fix this
    Any other advise would be appreciated
    I checked my Google play and nothing

You have to buy the card from Walmart with a US based Google account.
  • Should the Walmart page or checkout basket show anything about the GoH promo? I don't see it anywhere, wondering if it's still valid and if I should see it anywhere before I buy it.
  • stop saying "ask apple". EA still allowed this to happen. Fairness in their own game should have SOME value to them.
  • Donny forget about wedge, iOS also got wedge, android got Biggs. Wedge formed the basis of a meta that reigned for 6+ months & couldn't even be farmed by android at the time until level 60+... this deal is crystals, credits, and shard ship currency but not helping android run a meta for the next half year. IOS users should suck it up, it's Apple to blame, or yourselves. Apple knows its users are committed to their product. It builds its product so as to limit them to only other Apple products for compatibility. Clearly they're aware of their customer base.

And android got the probably most used ship that formed the ship meta - at least both got something. But for an asian ios player since the beginning of this game, the promotions in total are so onsided to android/us it is frustrating. The free stuff that is handed out to android is generating an unbalance that can be healthy for such a game. I am fully aware why CG is doing this. Its just amother thing of what is considered fair.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    stop saying "ask apple". EA still allowed this to happen. Fairness in their own game should have SOME value to them.

What? Google/Walmart paid for it? Why should EA give out free things "out of fairness"?

iOS had similar promotions before. Apple elected not to join in.
  • Donny forget about wedge, iOS also got wedge, android got Biggs. Wedge formed the basis of a meta that reigned for 6+ months & couldn't even be farmed by android at the time until level 60+... this deal is crystals, credits, and shard ship currency but not helping android run a meta for the next half year. IOS users should suck it up, it's Apple to blame, or yourselves. Apple knows its users are committed to their product. It builds its product so as to limit them to only other Apple products for compatibility. Clearly they're aware of their customer base.

And android got the probably most used ship that formed the ship meta - at least both got something. But for an asian ios player since the beginning of this game, the promotions in total are so onsided to android/us it is frustrating. The free stuff that is handed out to android is generating an unbalance that can be healthy for such a game. I am fully aware why CG is doing this. Its just amother thing of what is considered fair.

Because the people paying for it are the one who dictate the terms.
  • As said I understand why such stuff happens, for me its just not fair and it takes an extend in this game I have never seen in another game at this level. Obviously android users defend it, ios user hate it, but with the star wars brand in the back cg should have enough option to generate revenue without such promotions. Again I understand why they are doing it.
  • This is common in other games.
  • stop saying "ask apple". EA still allowed this to happen. Fairness in their own game should have SOME value to them.

Has nothing to do with "asking" Apple. They offer the same promotion to both Google and Apple. Apple chose not to participate. It's the exact same thing that happened with K-2SO. It's been a long-standing practice in gaming that there are certain promotions through third-parties....and not everyone may qualify for that promotion. Life isn't fair...people need to get over it....instead of the knee-**** "wahhhh, someone else got something so I should get it too" mentality....life doesn't work that way.
  • thanks for the lesson on how life works. now can someone please tell me what EA is gonna offer to IOS gamers?
  • thanks for the lesson on how life works. now can someone please tell me what EA is gonna offer to IOS gamers?

Life. Nothing lesson learned
  • Has nothing to do with "asking" Apple. They offer the same promotion to both Google and Apple. Apple chose not to participate.

With all the arguments for these deals, saying such stuff as it is fact is not helpful. That are rumours at best and in this case have really no foundation. How do you know that? Such deals are much more complex that one company just offering something to another company.

• Ruyen
    46 posts Member
    For those who bought it online via email...

Should the Walmart page or checkout basket show anything about the GoH promo? I don't see it anywhere, wondering if it's still valid and if I should see it anywhere before I buy it.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Ruyen wrote: »
    For those who bought it online via email...

Should the Walmart page or checkout basket show anything about the GoH promo? I don't see it anywhere, wondering if it's still valid and if I should see it anywhere before I buy it.

It won't. You'll see it as a reward after redeeming the card
  • Give me give me give me. Thats all we ever hear about these days anymore.
  • FrankW71 wrote: »
    So nothing for IOS users. That's cold hearted

That's
    Has nothing to do with "asking" Apple. They offer the same promotion to both Google and Apple. Apple chose not to participate.

With all the arguments for these deals, saying such stuff as it is fact is not helpful. That are rumours at best and in this case have really no foundation. How do you know that? Such deals are much more complex that one company just offering something to another company.

Actually, granted I can't offer proof, but these deals are offered to any competing company. There is no reason not to do so and a litany of reason to do so... base it on the past where both Apple & Google offered specials at the same time, the wedge & Biggs promo, for example. Apple simply does not feel the need to do these promotions but ios users need someone to blame and heaven forbid its their Apple product makers...
  • Has anyone outside US been able to get it working again? I was successful yesterday with the 10$ but impossible to buy again via paypal/credit card i get my orders cancelled .
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    granted I can't offer proof, but these deals are offered to any competing company. There is no reason not to do so and a litany of reason to do so... base it on the past where both Apple & Google offered specials at the same time, the wedge & Biggs promo, for example. Apple simply does not feel the need to do these promotions but ios users need someone to blame and heaven forbid its their Apple product makers...

I am a 100% sure that wedge and biggs was not a sponsored promo, but an ingame thing for promoting ships. Never was there any information of a promotion. For all promotions and one point cg told when they did a partnership.

The situation with a brand like star wars whonwas several stake holders is way more complex and just “a blame apple” is a too easy answer for people criticizing this deal.
  • Can i also get Rey if i'm from europe buying the 50$ gift card from the walmart shop or is it US exclusive?
  • This is taken directly from the website:

"Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value."

Can anyone shed some light on what you receive if you already possess Rey?

• You will be given equivalent amount of shards to be cashed in the shard store is my guess
  • Apple doesn't get it because Apple isn't buying into the promotion. Blame Apple.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Hanu wrote: »
    I don't see anywhere they state purchase in usd
    I called and emailed them EA let's see how long they take to fix this
    Any other advise would be appreciated
    I checked my Google play and nothing

You have to buy the card from Walmart with a US based Google account.

Not true, got it with my 100% Japanese google account! Just need friends to help!
  • Hi, let me explain. I heard about the Google play offer and I was thrilled. I went straight to Walmart.com and bought a gift card but unfortunately I play on iOS. So are used Facebook connect on my iOS and download the app on an android preparing to do the same. However, it didn't work out. I looked it up, and found out it was impossible. However, someone on Reddit said ea helped them do it. So do you know if it's possible? I want to get the reward for my Google play gift card and send it to this account. Help me,
  • Why would you buy a Google play card for your iPhone :lol:
  • Send a message to support via EA website requesting how to merge your iOS and Android accounts. They’ll respond with instructions.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Anyone found a legit card / voucher that works for the UK yet?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Desa wrote: »
    This is taken directly from the website:

"Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value."

Can anyone shed some light on what you receive if you already possess Rey?
    50$ 330 shards
    25$ 145 shards
    10$ 80 shards

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    The promo is good, for android users. Unfortunately, iOS and android accounts are not compatible like on madden mobile. Where if you log in with Facebook , you can do it on any device. I have madden account on Samsung phone and iPad... same account. If swgoh had this capability, they'd solve everyone's issues.

I think google and iOS want it this way.
This discussion has been closed.