Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Just throwing a confirmation out there: Bought the 50 x3 times and correctly got rewarded. :)

Same here, done over 2 days.
  • Booooooo! Android users get too much ;P Where’s the iOS pack where android users get screwed?
  • Booooooo! Android users get too much ;P Where’s the iOS pack where android users get screwed?

iOS users can seek solace with those wireless airbuds and almost waterproof phones!
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Booooooo! Android users get too much ;P Where’s the iOS pack where android users get screwed?

iOS users can seek solace with those wireless airbuds and almost waterproof phones!

Nope waterproof
    DarthNO2 wrote: »
    Did anyone have problems with not receiving there bonus shards? I bought a $50 dollar gift card but did not receive anything in game.

Just redeemed my cards and got NOTHING!

Did you get it from Walmart?

nope, didn't see this until after
  • Is anyone else still having issues redeeming the rewards? I bought a $50 for my main and a $25 for my alt. The 50 rewards cleared fine, but the 25 shows redeemed, but I have not gotten anything in the game.
    Obi-Wan: "It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground."
    Vader: "You underestimate my power."
    Obi-Wan: "Don't try it."

Discord: Ringer#6983
  • Ringer wrote: »
    Is anyone else still having issues redeeming the rewards? I bought a $50 for my main and a $25 for my alt. The 50 rewards cleared fine, but the 25 shows redeemed, but I have not gotten anything in the game.

You have to redeem the card using your goggle app. If you missed the rewards go to your goggle play acct into settings, click my acct, & then find and click on rewards. Any rewards you have not accepted yet are put there, just click and accept
    Is anyone else still having issues redeeming the rewards? I bought a $50 for my main and a $25 for my alt. The 50 rewards cleared fine, but the 25 shows redeemed, but I have not gotten anything in the game.

You have to redeem the card using your goggle app. If you missed the rewards go to your goggle play acct into settings, click my acct, & then find and click on rewards. Any rewards you have not accepted yet are put there, just click and accept

I have done this and still did not receive anything.

Ringer wrote: »

You found the rewards in the Google play app?
  • RescueME wrote: »
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    RescueME wrote: »
    I can confirm that this does work in Canada. Just need to buy US Google Play card from Walmart.com.

Did you have to change your google account address to use it?

I simply added a US payment method with account settings of Google Play.

How do you add a US payment method? (I'm also from Canada and want in on this offer)
  • SivPax wrote: »
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    I can confirm that this does work in Canada. Just need to buy US Google Play card from Walmart.com.

Did you have to change your google account address to use it?

I simply added a US payment method with account settings of Google Play.

How do you add a US payment method? (I'm also from Canada and want in on this offer)

If you read thru this thread, or just do a Google search for the question, there are ppl that have outlined how to do so

Had the same problem. Just contact them, CG, and they'll fix it (the Google Play guys couldn't help)

You found the rewards in the Google play app?

Yes, I hit redeem, and as I said, for my main account, everything worked fine. For my alt account (different Play accounts), it shows redeemed and I did not receive anything

• Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The post doesn't explicitly say you have to be an android user, so I guess someone at work is getting a google gift card for Christmas
  • Tiali
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    KueChael wrote: »
    Full Rey + 3000 crystals with 50$ google from Walmart

DEV Response

We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

Hi @CG_Kozispoon,
    Will we get an update which countries are participating when it's rolled out? Thanks.

Edit: just reread that it's regardless of retailer.
    Post edited by Tiali on
  • In a multiplayer game which has implemented competitive elements, and especially this game where IOS users and Android users, US users and Rest of the World users play on the same shards mixed together. A promotion that gives clear advantage to only a small % of the player base and clearly gives them an advantage over the others, is unacceptable and development team or publisher that cares for their game or game balance should never allow such to happen, even if they get paid for it. Clearly this is not the case here but even greed should have it´s limit (also looking at the current data packs). It´s also sad to see that some of the player base here actually supports such practices. Its mind-boggling to see the comments such as "blame apple" even if its the case you could support your fellow gamers that are not on that platform and are not getting the benefit, but noooo you just have to grind it in their face don't you, the lack of unity between players is just disgusting. To see such a beloved franchise such as Star Wars to be the tool of Corporate greed and player division is just sad.

If shards would be region and platform locked I wouldn't have a problem with this promotion.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    OMG I’m running out of popcorn here

+1
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Oddly enough this is tied to my account, not for purchasing the promo. As the gift card doesn't have to be spent on SWGOH, it's a missed opportunity.

My son has an Android phone. I could have bought the promo, let him buy some new games and then get credited for my account in game for participating.

Instead of that I now spent 7.99 EUR to get Minecraft to his iPad instead.
  • So what's the deal here? Even though the original post says "retailers across the world" we are confident it's ONLY the US and ONLY Walmart? Did I buy a bunch of GooglePlay gift cards for no reason at all? I still have no rewards in my google play account and no rewards in GoH. I feel like the wool was pulled over my head and I was punched in the face!
  • DarthNO2 wrote: »
    So what's the deal here? Even though the original post says "retailers across the world" we are confident it's ONLY the US and ONLY Walmart? Did I buy a bunch of GooglePlay gift cards for no reason at all? I still have no rewards in my google play account and no rewards in GoH. I feel like the wool was pulled over my head and I was punched in the face!

Well, it's good to be an American...lol
    So what's the deal here? Even though the original post says "retailers across the world" we are confident it's ONLY the US and ONLY Walmart? Did I buy a bunch of GooglePlay gift cards for no reason at all? I still have no rewards in my google play account and no rewards in GoH. I feel like the wool was pulled over my head and I was punched in the face!

"It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer."

This suggests to me that sometime in the next few weeks it will work worldwide just not atm. My guess is walmart paid for a period of exclusivity.
  • Migux7 wrote: »
    In a multiplayer game which has implemented competitive elements, and especially this game where IOS users and Android users, US users and Rest of the World users play on the same shards mixed together. A promotion that gives clear advantage to only a small % of the player base and clearly gives them an advantage over the others, is unacceptable and development team or publisher that cares for their game or game balance should never allow such to happen, even if they get paid for it. Clearly this is not the case here but even greed should have it´s limit (also looking at the current data packs). It´s also sad to see that some of the player base here actually supports such practices. Its mind-boggling to see the comments such as "blame apple" even if its the case you could support your fellow gamers that are not on that platform and are not getting the benefit, but noooo you just have to grind it in their face don't you, the lack of unity between players is just disgusting. To see such a beloved franchise such as Star Wars to be the tool of Corporate greed and player division is just sad.

If shards would be region and platform locked I wouldn't have a problem with this promotion.

I agree with a lot of what you said here. The fact that android users (not all obviously) feel the need to gloat and rub it in the face of iOS users doesn't show the community coming together to make the game better. It's those few selfish folks that only care about getting ahead of you so it makes them happy they get the deal and you don't.

I definitely agree that if this was setup for droid to be on a shard, iOS to be in a shard and to have regions on a shard, these types of deals wouldn't matter at all. Everyone is getting a fair shake. But the way it's setup now is that so many people continue to fall behind bc of some of these deals. Droid users may say it's not a lot... but it's still something.
  • I have an android. Its pretty awesome!
  • Wait for december when Android get a free 7* Grand Master Luke

• Gamorrean wrote: »
    Wait for december when Android get a free 7* Grand Master Luke

Yes please!
  • Do you have to buy the google cards online at walmarts website? Or can you buy them in the store physically and stilll get bonus ?
  • Maize wrote: »
    Do you have to buy the google cards online at walmarts website? Or can you buy them in the store physically and stilll get bonus ?

The store near me doesn't have any googleplay themed cards... so I tried to order online a few times but it seems to not matter what payment method I use, they keep canceling my orders. I hope you have better luck than me.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    DarthNO2 wrote: »
    Maize wrote: »
    Do you have to buy the google cards online at walmarts website? Or can you buy them in the store physically and stilll get bonus ?

The store near me doesn't have any googleplay themed cards... so I tried to order online a few times but it seems to not matter what payment method I use, they keep canceling my orders. I hope you have better luck than me.

They don't have Google Play cards? That seems odd...they usually have in the Electronics department or the gift card department. It doesn't have to be the SW themed cards.

They don't have Google Play cards? That seems odd...they usually have in the Electronics department or the gift card department. It doesn't have to be the SW themed cards.

Well if that's the case then why didn't the gift cards I got from another retailer not give me a reward?
    Calbear949 wrote: »

Well if that's the case then why didn't the gift cards I got from another retailer not give me a reward?

Because it needs to be from Walmart.
This discussion has been closed.