Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    NOTE-We're creating a permanent page with further details and a list of which retailers are active in each country. Please check back soon!

@CG_Kozispoon thanks very much. Would still like to know if it's purely an online thing or if I can go to a Wal-Mart and buy a card (canada). Thanks.

Cards bought at Wal-Mart will work. I did both online and in-store myself

I guess the question is why they said it would work elsewhere if it doesn't.
  • Options
    NOTE-We're creating a permanent page with further details and a list of which retailers are active in each country. Please check back soon!

@CG_Kozispoon thanks very much. Would still like to know if it's purely an online thing or if I can go to a Wal-Mart and buy a card (canada). Thanks.

In which country?
  • Options

In Canada?
  • 3PO
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Can I get that in Korea?
    Nobody knows?
  • Options
    I bought one in Italy, reedemed it, nothing happened.
  • Options

In Canada?

Anyone can confirm for Canada?
  • Options
    LoreSolid wrote: »
    I bought one in Italy, reedemed it, nothing happened.

Same in France
  • Options
    Come on Devs Let there be a place where by global users can access Rey buy guild google play cards. I tried from australia but was unsuccessful even using a US postal address. but it was the billing address that was unaccepted therefore my transaction was reversed. Its like no company wants to take your money.
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I just want to say how impressed I am with this marketing strategy.
    I truly mean it.
    Letting us know Rey is REQUIRED for hero event while this Google promotion is happening is brilliant
    Also would love to see this type thing every month.
    I'll buy a card every time it gives a toon I need.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how long this is going on for?
  • Orba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen people saying that buying from Paypal worked in the UK, anyone else tried using them?
  • Options
    PayPal doesn't work. Walmart ties the sale to your credit card address not the physical address you use.
  • Options
    100% currently not working for Target.com, I ordered a bunch of cards from them - since Walmart has horrible order fulfillment. I just went to redeem the first one and NO SWG rewards showed in my play account -- However I got a reward for 'toca life: city the game'.

Who do I talk to for a resolution or do we have a timeline on resolution? CG just put the list of accepted retailers up and I'm not sure if they even tested to make sure this is even working.

Also, I did the walmart purchase last time around a few weeks ago and used the same process to redeem then. So it seems like something is broken with Target but I have no idea how to get this fixed.
  • Orba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    PayPal doesn't work. Walmart ties the sale to your credit card address not the physical address you use.

I wasn't talking about buying from Walmart using Paypal, I was talking about buying them from Paypal on the Paypal online store. https://paypal-gifts.com/uk/
  • Options
    100% currently not working for Target.com, I ordered a bunch of cards from them - since Walmart has horrible order fulfillment. I just went to redeem the first one and NO SWG rewards showed in my play account -- However I got a reward for 'toca life: city the game'.

Who do I talk to for a resolution or do we have a timeline on resolution? CG just put the list of accepted retailers up and I'm not sure if they even tested to make sure this is even working.

Also, I did the walmart purchase last time around a few weeks ago and used the same process to redeem then. So it seems like something is broken with Target but I have no idea how to get this fixed.

Thanks for being our guinea pig.
  • Options

Exactly what happened to me word for word. Wanted to avoid the sketchy Wal-Mart fulfillment and went with target since that was one of the retailers they offered in kozi's link.
  • Options
    I'm in UK and bought a £25 card and 2 x £50 cards from WH Smith today and they all worked.
  • Options
    Barold wrote: »
    I'm in UK and bought a £25 card and 2 x £50 cards from WH Smith today and they all worked.

Yep worked for me too, mine was via paypal :)
  • Options
    I bought one from walmart.com using PayPal and I'm in Germany.

• Options
    Thanks for being our guinea pig.

Hah, well - Now we know. Looks like a few other people on the answers desk have the issue. No resolution yet. Going to be interesting to see how they fix this for the six cards I picked up.

• Options
    So are you guys buying physical cards and they are working now ??
  • Options
    Anyone in Canada confirming they work ?
  • Options

Pushing that again so everyone reads it.
    At the same time pushing for this page to happen! I really want to throw my money at you ;-)

• Options
    potsy wrote: »

Good to know, thanks. How long did it take after purchase for the reward to show up in game?
  • Options

Good to know, thanks. How long did it take after purchase for the reward to show up in game?
    A minute at most.
  • Options

A minute at most.

Ah ok, thanks. I bought one about half an hour ago and not seen anything yet, obvs did a restart etc.

On the plus side, there's something showing up in my google play account online under 'rewards' telling me to log in to claim, so I imagine it'll come through eventually...

• Options
    can confirm it works in canada, i bought a card at a Loblaws and it worked
  • Options
    Dravenport wrote: »

Physical one? Branded or not?
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    CG just put the list of accepted retailers up and I'm not sure if they even tested to make sure this is even working.

Where is that list, can't find it... :s
  • Options
    Dravenport wrote: »

Just to confirm you bought a physical card? .. and was it a regular Google play card ?
This discussion has been closed.