Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Good to know, thanks. How long did it take after purchase for the reward to show up in game?[/quote]
    A minute at most.
    [/quote]

Ah ok, thanks. I bought one about half an hour ago and not seen anything yet, obvs did a restart etc.

On the plus side, there's something showing up in my google play account online under 'rewards' telling me to log in to claim, so I imagine it'll come through eventually...

[/quote]

I just copied the code from the paypal email, went to google play and 'redeem', pasted the code and it was pretty much automatic from there.

Got the popup saying I had a reward, think I went straight to the game from there.

Reward showed up in my inbox after a few seconds.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by Peperlu on
  • Just bought a physical 50$ play store card in a physical Wal-Mart store in Canada and it worked. This was a standard black backed gift card
  • Arotarius wrote: »
    Just bought a physical 50$ play store card in a physical Wal-Mart store in Canada and it worked. This was a standard black backed gift card

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I wanted to know.
    Just bought a physical 50$ play store card in a physical Wal-Mart store in Canada and it worked. This was a standard black backed gift card

Amen! Tx
  • Orba
    61 posts Member
    potsy wrote: »
    Barold wrote: »
    I'm in UK and bought a £25 card and 2 x £50 cards from WH Smith today and they all worked.

Yep worked for me too, mine was via paypal :)

Good to know, thanks. How long did it take after purchase for the reward to show up in game?
    A minute at most.

Ah ok, thanks. I bought one about half an hour ago and not seen anything yet, obvs did a restart etc.

On the plus side, there's something showing up in my google play account online under 'rewards' telling me to log in to claim, so I imagine it'll come through eventually...

I just did it using Paypal and I was the same as you, the rewards showed I was entitled to something but nothing was showing up in game and I wasn't sure what was supposed to happen. However if you click on the SWGOH reward in the rewards section it should give you the option to claim the reward. Do that and the stuff should appear ingame soon after.
  • PayPal doesn't work. Walmart ties the sale to your credit card address not the physical address you use.

i bought mine from walmart and paid using paypal and it worked just fine
  • NOTE-We're creating a permanent page with further details and a list of which retailers are active in each country. Please check back soon!

So those who bought from the localized google.play store retailers just because of the promotion and got by chance the wrong one are screwed?
    EA simply deleted my Ticket (ID:35027688) requesting the promotional stuff for my 25€ Card without a answer.

Thank you
  • Bought a physical $50 card (generic, black-faced card) from a Loblaws in Canada and worked immediately.
  • potsy wrote: »
    I'm in UK and bought a £25 card and 2 x £50 cards from WH Smith today and they all worked.

Hey, sorry did you buy it from whsmith and pay by PayPal or buy it on PayPal? What are the rewards for uk?
  • Eagerly awaiting the country and retailer list :)
  • Phillp wrote: »

Hey, sorry did you buy it from whsmith and pay by PayPal or buy it on PayPal? What are the rewards for uk?
    Bought via paypal gift, all done online, £15 gave 85 shards and 750 crystals.
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Any UK online shops confirmed?
    Post edited by EPMAN on
  • Bought 1 from walmart, 2 from amazon. Received the bonuses for the walmart and one of the amazon, but not both. I contacted EA, attaching my receipts and my google play activity history, and got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting EA help. My name is Annu and I would assist you with your issue today.

I have gone through your email and came to know that you have bought two gift card one from Walmart and the other from amazon. however you did not receive the content from the gift card bought from amazon. I understand, this is disappointing.

First of all, As of now the gift card is only available on Walmart. So if you purchased it from amazon please contact the seller.

Secondly, You can only redeem the card for one time whether its a guest account or a google play linked account.

As you said you have already redeemed the gift card so you won't be able to redeem the second time.

If you have any further questions for me please let me know."

Thanks EA...
  • potsy wrote: »
    Phillp wrote: »

Thanks for confirming. Just tried and worked perfectly!
  • Phillp wrote: »
    Phillp wrote: »

Thanks for confirming. Just tried and worked perfectly!

From the UK. Brought a £25 card and got my 5* Rey.
  • 50$ physical card from Walmart store in Ontario Canada worked.
  • Just bought a 10$ card from Target. Nonbranded. Nothing happened.
  • Does anyone have the link for the retailers? I tried finding it but apparently I'm blind because I can't find it.
  • Anyone from Germany can confirm it worked with a physical card?
  • Does anyone have the link for the retailers? I tried finding it but apparently I'm blind because I can't find it.

It's the normal play.google gift card retailer list, but they have removed the link because several of them do not grant the promotion-reward.
  • Deran_Cosh wrote: »
    Does anyone have the link for the retailers? I tried finding it but apparently I'm blind because I can't find it.

It's the normal play.google gift card retailer list, but they have removed the link because several of them do not grant the promotion-reward.

Okay, so does anyone know if Walgreens or CVS in USA work? Or grocery stores? Mainly because I did get a 15 dollar card redeemed just fine from Walmart but I don't want to have to travel back to Walmart if those don't work. xD
  • Anyone from Germany can confirm it worked with a physical card?

I just tried with a physical card from dm and it didn't work
  • johndoe82 wrote: »
    Anyone from Germany can confirm it worked with a physical card?

I just tried with a physical card from dm and it didn't work

Thanks a lot. We'll have to wait then until they release the right list of retailers
  • Does anyone know what the Google play promotion actually is? Is there a deal on the play vouchers or are they just pointing out that play vouchers exist?
  • KueChael wrote: »
    Full Rey + 3000 crystals with 50$ google from Walmart

DEV Response

We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

Thank you for your response!
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon Where is the list of countries that Google Play Gift Card would work? We know where to buy them, there is this thing called Google, just want to confirm that we can actually get our rewards in Australia if we buy them.
  • I did got one from PayPal Uk £10 and did work I get 4* Rey and 750 crystals
  • Anyone find any Canadian online retailers that work? Even the paypal gift thing dosent have any
This discussion has been closed.