Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Deran_Cosh wrote: »

It's the normal play.google gift card retailer list, but they have removed the link because several of them do not grant the promotion-reward.

Wait - So they messed up and posted a retailer list that wasn't going to work - with this promo. I dropped a bit of cash on this. I'm not happy, and I feel like I have no recourse. I've gotten better treatment from people selling $5/month SaaS products.

@CG_Kozispoon : I need six cards, purchased from a retailer YOU GUYS listed in your promo post given rewards. I'm sorry if there's some glitch on your end that is preventing the redemption process.

I only bought these cards because of your promotion. And I feel like you guys aren't holding up your end of the bargain and you're not paying attention to your support channels. I'm not happy with this and neither should anyone at CG. This isn't a partial "bug"... this is a scam.

Here's what you do to fix this:
    You send me a direct email telling me 'dont worry, we will fix this immediately - go ahead and redeem'
    Then I go and redeem the other 5 cards I picked up.
    Then you put a ticket in on some dev's board that says "hey this guy bought these six cards for these values, can you manually send him the rewards?"
    Then I wait a reasonable amount of time (really, less than an hour for something like this...) and claim those rewards.
    Then I come back here and let people know that CG/EA is doing their best, and we all should continue to pay your salaries by doing in-app purchases.

This isn't rocket science, if you guys are understaffed or whatever then you need to slow down before you post misleading stuff. It isn't completely out of the realm of reality to have someone on your staff jump out and buy cards from each and every one of the retailers listed to test your redemption code before you throw a link up and say 'buy from these guys!'.

• Anyone find any Canadian online retailers that work? Even the paypal gift thing dosent have any

Either I am crazy or blind but Wal-Mart Canada doesn't sell them online and Target here doesn't exist so I did the physical one in Wal-Mart
  • Deran_Cosh wrote: »

It's the normal play.google gift card retailer list, but they have removed the link because several of them do not grant the promotion-reward.

Wait - So they messed up and posted a retailer list that wasn't going to work - with this promo. I dropped a bit of cash on this. I'm not happy, and I feel like I have no recourse. I've gotten better treatment from people selling $5/month SaaS products.

@CG_Kozispoon : I need six cards, purchased from a retailer YOU GUYS listed in your promo post given rewards. I'm sorry if there's some glitch on your end that is preventing the redemption process.

I only bought these cards because of your promotion. And I feel like you guys aren't holding up your end of the bargain and you're not paying attention to your support channels. I'm not happy with this and neither should anyone at CG. This isn't a partial "bug"... this is a scam.

Here's what you do to fix this:
    You send me a direct email telling me 'dont worry, we will fix this immediately - go ahead and redeem'
    Then I go and redeem the other 5 cards I picked up.
    Then you put a ticket in on some dev's board that says "hey this guy bought these six cards for these values, can you manually send him the rewards?"
    Then I wait a reasonable amount of time (really, less than an hour for something like this...) and claim those rewards.
    Then I come back here and let people know that CG/EA is doing their best, and we all should continue to pay your salaries by doing in-app purchases.

This isn't rocket science, if you guys are understaffed or whatever then you need to slow down before you post misleading stuff. It isn't completely out of the realm of reality to have someone on your staff jump out and buy cards from each and every one of the retailers listed to test your redemption code before you throw a link up and say 'buy from these guys!'.

Funny, can’t believe someone spent that much time writing an article but didn’t realise he is at the end of this game chain, there is nothing you can do because you are literally powerless, how unfortunate!
  • Arotarius wrote: »
    Anyone find any Canadian online retailers that work? Even the paypal gift thing dosent have any

Either I am crazy or blind but Wal-Mart Canada doesn't sell them online and Target here doesn't exist so I did the physical one in Wal-Mart

Nope..even Best buy has none online.... Its really weird.

• Anyone in Canada confirming they work ?

@Charzypants I can confirm physical cards in Canada are working. Bought one from Home Depot and one from Safeway and got rewards from both.
  • Has anyone in the Netherlands been able to get the rewards? I'd really like to know if this promotion is active here.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    It really shouldn't be this difficult to organize a promotion. I'd happily actually buy this gift card if you made it available to me in some way. I haven't seen it in Belgium, so I'm guessing it's not in the Netherlands either.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    A whole day to put up a simple list isn’t long enough? Which is why I haven’t spent a penny since the daily crystal bundle was taken away.
    Post edited by Edward on
  • Anyone in Canada confirming they work ?

@Charzypants I can confirm physical cards in Canada are working. Bought one from Home Depot and one from Safeway and got rewards from both.

What value for the cards and what rewards u got?
  • I can confirm its not working in Ireland, I hope this issue is going to be resolved because it really is false advertising on a mega scale
  • so, über Umwege über walmart.com gibt es die Promo auch in Deutschland!

7BRwB9e.jpg

was ich getan habe:
    walmart.com Account erstellt
    Adresse: 4 seasons Hotel New York (oder andere Adresse)

Anpassung der Google Parament Optionen (https://payments.google.com/)
    Einstellungen - neues zahlungsprofil, land us, selbe adresse wie für walmart.com angeblich ist die Karte sonst wegen regionlock nicht nutzbar

kauf der karte mit paypal (die eingetragene Rechnungsadresse in Paypal ist meine deutsche Adresse und wurde in der Bestellung bei walmart mit angegeben, hat aber keine probleme gemacht)

einlösen des Codes am Handy und dann entsprechend den Erhalt des Promoartikels für 0.00$ bestätigen.
    direkt danach sollten alle goddies freigeschaltet werden.

KUoDh57.png

• I have just tried in the UK with a physical card bought from Asda (walmart) and no reward either
  • Deel_Jade1 wrote: »
    I have just tried in the UK with a physical card bought from Asda (walmart) and no reward either

it should work with the digital gift card bought by walmart.com (my adress for that account is based on the 4 seasons hotel NY) as i just tried it from within germany and was able to get the promo goddies :)
  • @J0HND03 so you changed your address on google play to an american hotel when purchasing and it worked?
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    DS2K_DAVE wrote: »
    @J0HND03 so you changed your address on google play to an american hotel when purchasing and it worked?

i created a new payment profile within the settings for the payment options of google play (https://payments.google.com/), so it now thinks i'm on holiday in the us or something like that.
    that's seems mandatory elwise it might say the gift card code is for another region and might prevent you from using it before changing.
  • This seems pretty badly mis-handled by support, or even potentially fraudulant, im not sure why it has taken so long to get a proper list out given how much we must have all spent on this :

October 3 - "Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer."
  • Just bought a Google Play Gift Card for $50 from Target. Redeemed it on my account, and the reward?

UJGVav2.png

Come on, now. Where's my SWGOH reward?
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    gotta get them from Walmart not target. you're being too much of a #HighRoller.
  • gunff wrote: »

That's not what the recent promotional post here said: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141920/reys-heros-journey#latest

I see they took off the link now, but they previously had listed that Target would work, too.
  • go to your google play account
    cWR3E00.png

there you scroll down to the order history and if you hadn't bought anything else since redeeming the card the last entry there is a 0,00$ entry with the swgoh rewards.
    D9qrafG.png

but somehow it seems you got a free copy of Toca Life which is another promotion afaik and i don't know if you can have a second promotion on the same gift code ......

• J0HND03 wrote: »
    go to your google play account
    cWR3E00.png

there you scroll down to the order history and if you hadn't bought anything else since redeeming the card the last entry there is a 0,00$ entry with the swgoh rewards.
    D9qrafG.png

but somehow it seems you got a free copy of Toca Life which is another promotion afaik and i don't know if you can have a second promotion on the same gift code ......

That entry doesn't show up. You're sure theres not a Reward I have to redeem?
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dretzle wrote: »
    That entry doesn't show up. You're sure theres not a Reward I have to redeem?

when i redeemed my us walmart.com online code (i'm from germany), right after claiming the gift card the following popup opened (without any further action of myself) where i confirmed the 0.00$ purchase of the pomotion items.

KUoDh57.png

after confirming i got the promo stuff right away in my swgoh account ....

i can't rule out that if by some chance you closed or even completly missed that popup there is a redeem area somewhere ..... i at least didn't need to do any additional steps for claiming :(

edit:
    found it .... the promotion claim area is right above the order history ... if you have some open claims, they should be visible in that box ....

• We're seeing nothing but deflection in the help thread. I'm not really sure why this is such a big deal for them to own it.

I'm new to this support thing. Is there a reason why these guys don't respond?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Gift-Card-Promotion-Reward/m-p/6392349
  • Thanks for the additional information. I opened a case with EA Help and they're looking into it. Looks like that will be the route I have to go.

Thanks again.
  • What happens, if you buy a second 50 $ card? Do you get another 330 shards?
  • Marv0469 wrote: »
    What happens, if you buy a second 50 $ card? Do you get another 330 shards?

not sure, but they said it's up to 3 times ... dunno if it's valid for the same value again .....
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Thanks for the additional information. I opened a case with EA Help and they're looking into it. Looks like that will be the route I have to go.

Thanks again.

Lol, good luck with that.
    I’ll save you a step:
    Try to restart your device, re-install the app, and close background applications.

It won’t work, but it will be what the result of their “investigation” tells you to do.
  • They gave me the run around on my Ea ticket as well. Don't think they are going to make it right.
  • This is ridiculous, it does seem like they are intentionally deflecting/ ignoring people for their own PR mistake, given that I suspect most of us have dropped at least a decent ammount of cash on this game in the past it seems pretty poor customer service.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    gunff wrote: »

That's not what the recent promotional post here said: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141920/reys-heros-journey#latest

I see they took off the link now, but they previously had listed that Target would work, too.

Yep, previous link (cached by google) says they would work with any retail card. Jump on board over on the support thread. There is a group of us trying to figure out **** to do about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Gift-Card-Promotion-Reward/m-p/6392336#U6392336
This discussion has been closed.