Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• firemonk3y wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon I bought a digital card today after seeing your list showing Spain 10/30/17 Digital Only and I didn't receive anything!

Where did you but it?
    I'm from Spain as well, i just bought one from Wal-Mart.com. let's see if it works
  • Canadian here .

Previously reported physical Wal-Mart card worked (50$)

Purchased physical one from a CO-OP (Big way foods off brand) for 25$ and it works. Same supply chain as CO-OP.
  • How did you buy form walmart.com? they wont accept my creditcard, also paypal they dont accept.....
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Happy Saturday folks!
    This has been posted via the dev news and announcements, but for further visibility, updating here.
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

We posted yesterday in the FAQ regarding the Google Gift Card about how to manage any issues with the Target/Kroger Gift Card. For better visibility and further clarification, we're highlighting this specific query. In addition, we've updated the information to include each country's start date. Further details regarding this promotion can be found via the link provided <<HERE>>.

What can I do if I’ve already purchased a Gift Card from Target or Kroger?
    The promotion is running nationwide in the US as of October 30th with the exception of Kroger and Target stores. Kroger is scheduled to launch as of November 12th and Target as of November 21st. We apologize for the miscommunication and are working with Google. If you have one of these cards, you should pursue a refund with the original retailer. If you encounter any problems receiving a refund from the retailer, then please contact us via EA Help. This can be done by tapping 'Help' via the Settings menu in your game.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • xempen
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon any more countries gonna be added? like greece ? :smiley:
    Post edited by xempen on
  • Australia doesn't get it until December. Plenty of time to iron out any issues :)
  • Orba wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon So one of the following cards should grant me the promotional gift, correct?
    image.png

It worked when I used it.

So this is working in the UK as I bought from Tesco and it didn't work??
  • Sunlounger wrote: »
    I live in the UK and have just purchased a £10 card from the retailer Wilkinsons, and have received my rewards
    [img][/img]play_store.png

Thanks for the heads.up. I will get them from Wilkinsons as Tescos.dont work.
  • Happy Saturday folks!
    This has been posted via the dev news and announcements, but for further visibility, updating here.
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

We posted yesterday in the FAQ regarding the Google Gift Card about how to manage any issues with the Target/Kroger Gift Card. For better visibility and further clarification, we're highlighting this specific query. In addition, we've updated the information to include each country's start date. Further details regarding this promotion can be found via the link provided <<HERE>>.

The promotion is running nationwide in the US as of October 30th with the exception of Kroger and Target stores. Kroger is scheduled to launch as of November 12th and Target as of November 21st. We apologize for the miscommunication and are working with Google. If you have one of these cards, you should pursue a refund with the original retailer. If you encounter any problems receiving a refund from the retailer, then please contact us via EA Help. This can be done by tapping 'Help' via the Settings menu in your game.

So I guess prepare customer service for a lot of phone calls? No gift card purchases are returnable at any establishment I've ever shopped at. Targets website very specifically says this on the Google play gift card page. The unwillingness to take responsibility for this is appalling. A multi million dollar corporation posts a promotion, people make purchases based on that promotion and the terms are changed AFTER customers have committed. And yet we get a lot of apologies and absolutely no action in regard to this.

• gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Happy Saturday folks!
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

gatormatt wrote: »
    I can confirm that Walgreens in the US works. I bought a $10 card there yesterday. I can also confirm that Kroger in the US does not work even though it was listed as a participating retailer.

Screenshot_20171102_152246.png

Thanks for the clarification on Kroger gift cards and when the promo will be officially available there. As you know gift cards are non-refundable, especially ones that have been redeemed. In case you want to handle this internally.... 129-672-414
    I'm good either way.
  • ... Plenty of time to iron out any issues :)

I thought they did? (In short: It's now our problem)
  • Kozispoon
    xempen wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon any more countries gonna be added? like greece ? :smiley:

This list is subject to change, but I'd recommend contacting Google if you have any specific questions related to the list or your particular purchase.
  • Happy Saturday folks!
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

@CG_Kozispoon

Target will not do refunds on gift cards. Went thru normal support channels. 90m on the phone to find out this needs to be escalated to experts. I guess that's progress.

Can you throw a memo out there internally with a better process? Ideally the script says 'we are aware of the issue and if you send us XYZ in an email we will fix it'. Then people can just send whatever (proof of purchase, redeemed codes, w/e) and you guys can deal with the large volume of unhappy folks and make them happy folks.

I know everything you post here is public too... So there's some fear of exposure. Just DM us. There's private messaging on the forums for a reason.

• Kozispoon

@CG_Kozispoon

Target will not do refunds on gift cards. Went thru normal support channels. 90m on the phone to find out this needs to be escalated to experts. I guess that's progress.

Can you throw a memo out there internally with a better process? Ideally the script says 'we are aware of the issue and if you send us XYZ in an email we will fix it'. Then people can just send whatever (proof of purchase, redeemed codes, w/e) and you guys can deal with the large volume of unhappy folks and make them happy folks.

I know everything you post here is public too... So there's some fear of exposure. Just DM us. There's private messaging on the forums for a reason.

Hiya,
    We're aware, and for cases such as these, per the update please go to EA Help. Support has been notified to handle all tickets in regards to this. That way, you won't need to post any sensitive information via the forums.

• @CG_Kozispoon

Hiya,
    We're aware, and for cases such as these, per the update please go to EA Help. Support has been notified to handle all tickets in regards to this. That way, you won't need to post any sensitive information via the forums.

@CG_Kozispoon

Gotcha.

The support rep I spoke with didn't seem like they had a good procedure in place other than trying to proof the purchase and figure out which code I had redeemed. They didn't know what I should do with the remaining codes that were unredeemed (I cannot get a refund, the retailer has a strict policy). And right now I don't feel like I have clarity on when, how, or if this will be resolved to a point of reasonable satisfaction.

The little pieces of this are what suck so much. Spending all this time to get a fix, the initial support deflections, the anticipation of playing the game this weekend with the rewards (I was really looking forward to getting one of my teams in ship-shape with all those credits and crystals). That all got stolen from me and others because of this glitch. I hope you guys are aware that a lot of the players here will stay loyal, but this is a sour thing to deal with.

I know this had to be a big 'oh crap' moment, and I feel for what you guys are going through - We had one this week at my company, had us scrambling for 24 hours before we felt like we were good with it.

I appreciate you coming on here and keeping us updated, little posts here and there mean volumes in terms of making me feel like you're validating the community's concerns.
  • With Google not really onboard with this as they have stated its down to developers making these offers and people still buying cards and getting no rewards, rewards for different games, etc etc even though the updated where to buy list is still incorrect.

I think the only fair way out of this is:
    (A) if you submit a photo or code of the cards you bought to CG help desk, CG should give you the Rey & Crystals to match, and put up a message to stop buying them for the rewards (for the moment at least)
    (B) Also under fairness and equal game play Etiquette as many have held of buying the cards maybe offer in game Crystals packs with 40% extra Crystals on top of the current in game store deals available, this will eliminate the google issue, get the money direct to CG and also allow IOS users to avail of the offer of extra crystals.

The downside to this is that obviously the google cards promo was to entice players to start the game as people with no starwars account were all of a sudden getting this offer Intriguing them into downloading and playing the game, so maybe keepworking at the google offer but with a view to happening in the future and when your 100% it will work as planned and at the same time everywhere,

Only my thoughts and they may be flawed im sure
  • :( Indonesia is not among the list, while Google play gift card available in every small convenient store every 1 km...
    Discord : Spacewolf#1334
  • I live in Europe and ofc my country is not on the list...please contact EMAG, I'm sure they would love to sell anything you have to offer
  • Please add Indonesia (Indo Mart) as part of the program, other biggest chain store (Alfa Mart) even selling star wars coin.....
    Discord : Spacewolf#1334
  • Sunlounger
    18 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    DarkLord1 wrote: »
    Sunlounger wrote: »
    I live in the UK and have just purchased a £10 card from the retailer Wilkinsons, and have received my rewards
    [img][/img]play_store.png

Thanks for the heads.up. I will get them from Wilkinsons as Tescos.dont work.

from what I've been told Morrisons, Tesco's, Asda and Sainburys don't work, some of my friends have bought from the 'big 4' supermarkets in the last couple of days, stick with Wilkinsons.
  • so do you have to buy a google play gift card that is specifically branded to this promotion or will any google play gift card work?
  • Striker600 wrote: »
    so do you have to buy a google play gift card that is specifically branded to this promotion or will any google play gift card work?

The cards aren't branded, any old card will do, its down to the retailer once its swiped though their till/register to activate.
  • Sunlounger wrote: »
    Striker600 wrote: »
    so do you have to buy a google play gift card that is specifically branded to this promotion or will any google play gift card work?

The cards aren't branded, any old card will do, its down to the retailer once its swiped though their till/register to activate.

thanks for your reply, does the retailer have to do something special when they activate it ?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The gift cards were not refundable until now, everyone who has bought the gift cards were purely for the extra rewards, CG did give a satisfactory solution this time, I will buy three gift cards after the promotion starts on 1st December, only hope it can start earlier.
    Post edited by Edward on
  • I bought a google play gift card from gamecarddelivery, USA, but I can't redeem Rey shards and crystals!
  • Xiffy
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon

After you posted the updated list of all the retailers and the dates, I saw that it was 10/30/17 Digital Only for the Netherlands, so yesterday I bought 2 15 euro digital giftcards from startselect (official retailer according to Google) but did not recieve any shards and or crystals.

Any advice who i should contact to get this resolved? Thanks in advance

• I have just spent two days going back and forth with an EA rep asking me for all my details in regards to amount of cards.and value numerous screen shots.and my account.details. Only to recieve another email asking me for all of this information again.
    What is going on?
  • OMG! I have just recieved yet another from EA support. They have said it is a US promo ONLY! Had enough now going to trading standards first thing in the morning!
  • This needs to be stopped, its gotten way out of hand
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
    For Australia retailers, PCGamesSupply.com doesn’t look right because they are selling US Google Play Gift Card, its description says “US Region”
This discussion has been closed.