Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Striker600 wrote: »
    Sunlounger wrote: »
    Striker600 wrote: »
    so do you have to buy a google play gift card that is specifically branded to this promotion or will any google play gift card work?

The cards aren't branded, any old card will do, its down to the retailer once its swiped though their till/register to activate.

thanks for your reply, does the retailer have to do something special when they activate it ?

No they just activate the card when you pay for it
  • Sunlounger wrote: »
    DarkLord1 wrote: »
    Sunlounger wrote: »
    I live in the UK and have just purchased a £10 card from the retailer Wilkinsons, and have received my rewards
    [img][/img]play_store.png

Thanks for the heads.up. I will get them from Wilkinsons as Tescos.dont work.

from what I've been told Morrisons, Tesco's, Asda and Sainburys don't work, some of my friends have bought from the 'big 4' supermarkets in the last couple of days, stick with Wilkinsons.

Your advice was spot on for all UK users. Bought a £50,25 and 10. All worked perfectly! Thank you for the great advice!
  • Oh well...a nice bonus for playing on a trash can android phone.

iOS players don’t really need welfare toons.
    We r rich babies.
  • cdkeys.com in the UK is 'not a participating retailer' according to google play support.

I'm waiting to hear more back from them.

In the meantime maybe the devs could give us a comprehensive list of participating retailers in each country?
  • Any update on digital cards in Germany? Where to get working ones?
  • DrThrawn
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Can i just purchase through the google play store itself? Live in Canada.
  • DrThrawn wrote: »

I was gonna ask this, too. Also, when does this deal expire?
  • cdkeys.com in the UK is 'not a participating retailer' according to google play support.

I'm waiting to hear more back from them.

In the meantime maybe the devs could give us a comprehensive list of participating retailers in each country?

Unfortunately i found this out after buying one.

Has anyone found a website for a digital code in the UK who has the offer?
  • Aparently EA Cannot add the content if you bought a card that doesn't give the rewards?

Thank yo for contacting EA Help.
    I am Gaurav assisting you today.
    I wish I could add the content for you but there are certain limitation.
    I would like to provide you 200 crystals as gesture,please reply to accept it.

If you have any other questions, check help.ea.com. You can also get community help at answers.ea.com.
  • For anyone wanting to buy digital cards in the UK I have had luck with a £10 and £50 card from Startselect.
  • DS2K_DAVE wrote: »
    Aparently EA Cannot add the content if you bought a card that doesn't give the rewards?

If you have any other questions, check help.ea.com. You can also get community help at answers.ea.com.

Seriously? I got a completely different outcome... Silence. I went through the whole process, was guaranteed it would be resolved, and wasn't offered any compensation. Just the 48-72hr window (have received nothing yet in email). This reply doesn't seem to align with what Kozi said. Are we really going to still get jammed up on this?
  • doomshakalaka
    14 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    DS2K_DAVE wrote: »
    Aparently EA Cannot add the content if you bought a card that doesn't give the rewards?

One more thing, if they're really tied up on issuing this reward then it's time to dig into the business insurance and buy you a card of equal value that can be redeemed and send it to you (and the rest of us). If that's seriously the only way to make it right, then that's the only option they have to make the customer whole without a fairly valid reason to have Google flag them.
  • I can confirm the above. Starselect works fine. And be warned - play.com does NOT work in the UK.
  • Can I just purchase funds through the google store itself as opposed to a retailer?
  • That wont work
  • For the UK I can confirm that 'Start Select' works as a retailer. Did a £10 one and got 80 Rey shards and 750 crystals just fine
  • This is pretty good deal actually. You can use the google play card for anything on the play store and the rey stuff is a nice bonus. If your on iphone, sucks to be you :D
  • surge914 wrote: »
    This is pretty good deal actually. You can use the google play card for anything on the play store and the rey stuff is a nice bonus. If your on iphone, sucks to be you :D
    nah, im no whale. Better things for me to spend money on, so thats just good for me
  • Am I reading this correctly, this promotion won't be available until the 1st of December in Australia? And even then only in *some* physical stores?
  • JCM wrote: »
    DrThrawn wrote: »

I was gonna ask this, too. Also, when does this deal expire?

Dont know about direct purchase from play store.. but i got a 50 card from a walmart..yes in canada..the email i got after redeeming it says the offer ends jan 13
  • Aht1
    28 posts Member
    So it starts getting ridiculous. As stated b4 I bought one of the digital cards for 25€ (Germany). Regarding to the post of Kozi ALL digital (german) retailers participate since 30th October.

I didn't recieve my reward. Wrote Support ticket. No answer yet.

Today I opened the Update from Kozi regarding the retailers. And I had to see that the list got changed excluding the digital retailers and stating that Kaufland starts at first mid of November the rest follows end of November. This is a joke. I bought a card out of OFFICIAL information and now I have to hope that the support gets me the rewards...

@CG_Kozispoon you should definitly do something about the marketing of SWGOH this gets so annoying. I payed REAL money based on YOUR information!
  • firemonk3y wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon I bought a digital card today after seeing your list showing Spain 10/30/17 Digital Only and I didn't receive anything!

Where did you but it?
    I'm from Spain as well, i just bought one from Wal-Mart.com. let's see if it works

I bought it from xtralife.es.

I raised a support ticket on help.ea.com 2 days ago and still no response...
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Since Rey is purchasable at 7* for $50.00, when are the other character packs becoming available for that amount as well? No reason to buy the $20 ones for 25-80 shards now.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Your information is completely inaccurate. You cannot buy Rey for 50$. She is part of a promotion where you get her for free.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Might as well make them all promotions now that they are willing to give players a 7* character for buying a $50 card.
  • Might as well buy 3x$50 card, get more shards to spend at the shard shop.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    android players got k2s0 for free !!!!!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    android players got k2s0 for free !!!!!
    And rey now, looks like EA have better agreements with Android, or hey are hiding what apple will give us, we can just wait and see.
  • too bad its restricted to some countries
  • firemonk3y wrote: »
    firemonk3y wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon I bought a digital card today after seeing your list showing Spain 10/30/17 Digital Only and I didn't receive anything!

Where did you but it?
    I'm from Spain as well, i just bought one from Wal-Mart.com. let's see if it works

I bought it from xtralife.es.

I raised a support ticket on help.ea.com 2 days ago and still no response...

Thanks! Good luck with that support ticket.

I couldn't make the payment in Walmart to go through, either with credit card nor with PayPal :/
This discussion has been closed.