Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Crixx316 wrote: »
    Unfortunately i found this out after buying one.

Has anyone found a website for a digital code in the UK who has the offer?

https://paypal-gifts.com/uk/brands/google-play.html

Was what I used.
  • Aht1 wrote: »

Today I opened the Update from Kozi regarding the retailers. And I had to see that the list got changed excluding the digital retailers and stating that Kaufland starts at first mid of November the rest follows end of November. This is a joke. I bought a card out of OFFICIAL information and now I have to hope that the support gets me the rewards...

Where did you see this new announcement ? I can't find it.

• Aht1
    28 posts Member
    It was edited on 4th of November. Now it states it starts mid November in Germany. Good I took a Screenshot but I have it at home.
  • Could it be possible for me to have ea merge my account across both apple and google. Since I’ve seen others claim it’s possible to have same account on both platforms. Then purchase google rewards cards and still collect the special rewards.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    I'm interested in doing the same thing.
  • Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1334102/#Comment_1334102
    for the people who are asking where to find information about their country.

Post edited by Deantron on
  • Unfortunately No reward for me. £25 gift card and nothing, even under rewards. I do have a free movie rental but no SWGOH stuff.
  • Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Lets´say i get the promotion:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1334102/#Comment_1334102

"Coming soon to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, you’ll be able to live Rey’s adventures through the Hero’s Journey special event. Experience some of her most thrilling moments as she progresses from a humble scavenger to making new allies to finding the legendary Luke Skywalker. Complete the event to unlock the next evolution of Rey and add her to your collection.

To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero’s Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December."

Does that mean Scavenger Rey is enough for the event? Or do need additional Characters?
  • So we all remember that Poe and Finn escaped in a first order Tie Fighter at the start of the movie
  • So frustrating. I purchased a £25 gift card and followed all the instructions. Got the promo to pop up - 5* Rey and 1500 crystals - and opened the game.

Nothing.

No Rey, no crystals, no Inbox message :(

Is it best to contact EA or is it a google issue?
  • Aht1
    28 posts Member
    If you recieved the Pop up but no mail ingame use the "restore purchases" button ingame. It should work.

Even IF it was an google issue, EA is ALWAYS the company you have to contact. Google cannot and will not do anything as it not in their area of responsibility.
  • Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What is the "Germany 11/13/17 Kaufland" offer? Do i get 7* Rey, 3000 Chrystals, and 1,75m Credits? Or what do i get? And what is the "Germany 11/20/17 Everywhere Google Play gift cards are sold" offer?

And, can i buy chrystals with google play money?
    Post edited by Deantron on
  • Deantron wrote: »
    What is the "Germany 11/13/17 Kaufland" offer? Do i get 7* Rey, 3000 Chrystals, and 1,75m Credits? Or what do i get? And what is the "Germany 11/20/17 Everywhere Google Play gift cards are sold" offer?

It means that gift cards bought at Kaufland will work if bought on or after Nov 13th.
    The same thing will work with every other gift card bought on or after Nov 20th.
    It just means that Kaufland is getting the promotion one week earlier.

The reward will depend on the Euro amount of the gift card.
    < 25 Euros = 4* Rey and 750 crystals
    > 25 Euros = 5* Rey and 1500 crystals
    >50€ Euros = 7* Rey and 3000 crystals

You can use the gift card money for whatever you want in google play but YES, you can also use it for crystals.

• @Nadana is it ">50€" or ">=50€"
    What would I get with a 50€ Google card ?
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Durmir
    205 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    aerendhil wrote: »
    @Nadana is it ">50€" or ">=50€"

With €50 you can get a full blockbuster PC game at release (such as Witcher 3, etc.).

Or some crystals and 1 7* toon, both together representing roughly 0.1429% of a mobile game. Oh, and of course a great deal of buyer's remorse.
  • aerendhil wrote: »

A good grade in school! Congratulations ;-)
  • Aht1 wrote: »
    If you recieved the Pop up but no mail ingame use the "restore purchases" button ingame. It should work.

Even IF it was an google issue, EA is ALWAYS the company you have to contact. Google cannot and will not do anything as it not in their area of responsibility.

Bought a few cards from Wilkos (confirmed working here), had the pop up and email stating I'm getting the shards. Nothing in game. Clicked restore purchase several times since last night, still nothing. I'm holding on to my other cards untill the first one go through. I might try to put a second one to check if it pushes the first one through.
  • you can also try and see if you can claim them in your google play account if you didn't claim it during the bonus popup right after using the gift code (or that popup didn't work like in my case), as elsewise you don't activate the bonus and of course can't reclaim in in swgoh
  • Recom wrote: »
    Aht1 wrote: »

Bought a few cards from Wilkos (confirmed working here), had the pop up and email stating I'm getting the shards. Nothing in game. Clicked restore purchase several times since last night, still nothing. I'm holding on to my other cards untill the first one go through. I might try to put a second one to check if it pushes the first one through.

Thanks to Aht1 firstly for his response.

But yeah I've the same problem. I think it's just a ****-up of a promotion to be honest. Works for some, doesn't work for others. Not happy to be honest, but will start a support ticket anyway. Nothing else I can do I guess.

If anything works for you let me know, and I'll do the same.
  • aerendhil wrote: »
    You can get €50 worth of goodies from google play.
  • Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nadana wrote: »
    Deantron wrote: »

It means that gift cards bought at Kaufland will work if bought on or after Nov 13th.
    The same thing will work with every other gift card bought on or after Nov 20th.
    It just means that Kaufland is getting the promotion one week earlier.

The reward will depend on the Euro amount of the gift card.
    < 25 Euros = 4* Rey and 750 crystals
    > 25 Euros = 5* Rey and 1500 crystals
    >50€ Euros = 7* Rey and 3000 crystals

You can use the gift card money for whatever you want in google play but YES, you can also use it for crystals.

Do i also get the 1,75 Mio. Credits, for the 50€ package?

And about the event: Is Scavenger Rey is enough for the event? Or do need additional Characters?
  • Anybody knows, if this gift card promotion can be used directly ingame?
    I mean, if you go to the shop and select any amount of crystals there is an option to pay called purchase code.
    In case I use this option, I will recieve the special reward?
    This game sucks
  • LordI wrote: »
    Anybody knows, if this gift card promotion can be used directly ingame?
    I mean, if you go to the shop and select any amount of crystals there is an option to pay called purchase code.

No you need to buy the card.
  • Deantron wrote: »
    Do i also get the 1,75 Mio. Credits, for the 50€ package?

And about the event: Is Scavenger Rey is enough for the event? Or do need additional Characters?

Someone posted the GERMAN Terms & Conditions on Facebook and according to that there are no credits in this pack. However, I'd just wait til the promotion starts in Germany and see what the others are saying and posting. I would assume the promotion is the same everywhere.

No one knows anything about the event(s) yet. Looking back at previous events and also episode 7, it is very likely that we will need more characters at some point, not only Rey.

• LordI wrote: »
    Anybody knows, if this gift card promotion can be used directly ingame?

No, that won't work.
  • Has anyone in Canada seen any 50$ cards at Walmart? I'm in Montreal and so far i have been able to get the 3 x 15$ and 3 x 25$ but i have yet to find any 50$ cards
  • Has anyone in Canada seen any 50$ cards at Walmart? I'm in Montreal and so far i have been able to get the 3 x 15$ and 3 x 25$ but i have yet to find any 50$ cards

My Wal-Mart in Winnipeg only has 50$ ones.

Im in bc and yes they have the 50s..even 100s.. check electronics or the gift card rack by the front checkouts they should be there
  • Can anyone tell me if I've already bought 1 £25 card to get Rey to 5* , will another £25 card get her to 7*?

I can't work out whether it's shard based or not.
    Recom wrote: »

Logged in to another device earlier, and for some reason it worked. So try that. Daft really, seeing as the device I've played 99% of my game time on wouldn't do it!
  • Recom
    41 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Recom wrote: »

Thanks to Aht1 firstly for his response.

But yeah I've the same problem. I think it's just a ****-up of a promotion to be honest. Works for some, doesn't work for others. Not happy to be honest, but will start a support ticket anyway. Nothing else I can do I guess.

If anything works for you let me know, and I'll do the same.

Update : the first card went through and I received the bonus items. So it takes about 24h to process.

I just tried to add 2 others cards at once. The second card showed the bonus but it didn't get credited in game yet (gonna take 24h i guess) and the 3rd card doesn't show the bonus yet, there is a "Get item" button but when I tap it I get an error that I already have it. So my guess is I'll have to wait for the 2nd bonus to get credited In game before I can queue the 3rd one....

It works but it's a slow process.
This discussion has been closed.