Phoenix Squadron ZETA Abilities

Prev1345
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited October 2017
Phoenix Zeta & Omega Changes
Abilities

Hera - Play to Strengths
  • ZETA Upgrade: +25% Potency and dispel all debuffs, reduce cooldowns by 1 and grants 50% Turn Meter if target is Phoenix
  • Final Ability Text: Call another target ally to Assist. That ally’s attack has +50% Potency and deal 35% more damage. If target ally is Phoenix, Dispel all debuffs, reduce their cooldowns by 1, and grants 50% Turn Meter.

Kanan - Total Defense
  • ZETA Upgrade: Dispel all debuffs on Phoenix allies, grant Kanan and target ally Foresight for 2 turns and Defense Up to all Phoenix allies for 3 turns, and when each Foresight expires Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter and other Phoenix gains 50% Turn Meter.
  • Final Ability Text: Kanan Dispels all debuffs from Phoenix allies, grants himself and target ally Foresight and Protection Up (40%) for 2 turns. Also grants all Phoenix allies Defense Up for 3 turns. Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter when each Foresight expires and other Phoenix allies gain 50% Turn Meter.

Sabine - Demolish
  • ZETA Upgrade: +15% bonus damage for each active Phoenix ally, Stagger all enemies, grants all Phoenix allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns, and Expose target enemy, then inflict additional Expose on random enemy for each other active Phoenix ally, reduce cooldown of Demolish by 2 if this attack scores a Critical Hit.
  • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage and inflict Stagger to all enemies for 2 turns. Grants all Phoenix allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Expose target enemy and inflict additional Exposes on random enemies for each other active Phoenix ally. This attack can’t be Countered or Evaded and deals +15% bonus damage for each active Phoenix ally. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce Sabine’s cooldowns by 2.

Ezra - Flourish
  • ZETA Upgrade: +50% Damage, +25% Turn Meter Gain and gains Defense Up for 2 turns.
  • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs on them. If the enemy had no buffs, this attack’s cooldown is reduced by 1 and Ezra gains 75% Turn Meter instead. Ezra gains Defense up for 2 turns.

Zeb - Staggering Sweep
  • ZETA Upgrade: Cooldown -1, +75% Bonus Damage and +20% bonus damage equal to enemy’s Maximum Health if the target has no debuff, ignores Armor if target is buffed, gain 50% Critical Damage if the target is debuffed, this attack can’t be Evaded and Zeb gains 10% Turn Meter for each active Phoenix ally.
  • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Stagger them for 1 turn. If the target has no debuffs, this attack deals 100% more damage with bonus damage equal to 20% of the enemies Maximum Health and Stagger can’t be Resisted. If the target is buffed, this attack ignores armor. If the target is debuffed, gain 50% Critical Damage. This attack can’t be Evaded and Zeb gains 10% Turn Meter for each active Phoenix ally.

Chopper - Reckless Fling
  • Omega Upgrade: +10% Cooldown Reduction Chance, and also applies to Droid allies.
  • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant a random Phoenix or Droid ally Offense Up, Defense up, or Speed Up at random for 2 turns, with a 60% chance to also reduce that ally’s cooldowns by 1.

Chopper - Maintenance Protocols
  • +4% Heal, +4% Protection; Chopper has a 30% chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn (this effect is not shared)
  • Final Ability Text: At the start of his turn, Chopper recovers 15% of his Max Health. In addition, whenever he is damaged by an attack, he gains Protection Up (15%) if he doesn't have Protection Up. Additionally, Chopper has a 30% Chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn (this effect is not shared).

General Strategy
  • If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a quick boost of power and sustainability.
  • Sabine’s Zeta upgrade on “Demolish” is especially powerful for the Phoenix faction, as the combination of Critical Chance and Offense Up is a rare combination to find in one move.
  • Ezra’s Zeta upgrade on “Flourish” gives him a pseudo burst attack considering he can gain 75% Turn Meter when targeting an enemy without buffs.
  • Kanan’s Zeta upgrade on “Total Defense” now provides a group cleanse for the Phoenix Squad, along with the mechanics to use it much more often.

Hero Synergies
  • The changes to Chopper make him more effective within the Phoenix squad, and also allow him to serve as a useful tank for Droids as he provides buffs and reduces the cooldowns of Droid allies.
  • Ezra is extremely versatile in different teams given he acts as an efficient DPS dealer under both the Jedi and Rebel tags. Also worth pointing out, is that Ezra’s Flourish is described as getting 75% TM, which is true. However, the additional 20% TM he gets under a Hera lead results in him generating 95% TM, which means he gets to go again almost immediately!

Where to Use
  • With their new Zeta Upgrades, the Phoenix faction competes with some of the best teams on the tank phases of HAAT.
  • Phoenix Squad shines in Territory Battles, as they can keep themselves in the fight and get the job done.
  • Phoenix now also provide a quick climber team for Squad Arena, and represent a particularly worthy investment for newer players looking for a good all-around squad.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Awesome! +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1,
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Looks like an okay boost damage but might not be enough to fix how annoyingly long their fights take. Kinda meh at first glance
  • When Kanan's zeta reads, "when each Foresight expires," does being hit count as foresight "expiring?"
  • f4ng5
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2017

General Strategy
    • If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a quick boost of power and sustainability.

One does not simply "try" a zeta upgrade...
  • Amazing!
    I AM the High Ground
  • Old_Scott wrote: »
    When Kanan's zeta reads, "when each Foresight expires," does being hit count as foresight "expiring?"

To add to that, is it referring to only the foresights created from this ability? Or would ZGJ's foresights count, too?

As I'm still almost there in finishing my first order zetas, can't say I think it's a good idea to try to invest more zetas into the phoenix team just in order to make them usable, especially since even the zetas are so phoenix focused.
  • In chopper's ability, thank you for adding (this effect is not shared).

Otherwise we are in trouble!
  • Esher
    12 posts Member
    to bad i dont have 100 Zeta lying around ....
  • Phx should be the toons given when someone starts swgoh. They are the key to so many legendary events. Viable in haat tb of course, and they have ships.

They also would teach an important lesson early. Gear 8 and up is tough.
  • I like the changes, though sad that chopper's assist isn't shared. :smile: Do we know when these changes are going live?
  • Oh, wowz, sweet. Despite being sick of having an endless supply of rebels toons, CLS meta, we now have MORE rebel upgrades.

But, I guess, it's not called Star Wars: Galaxy of Rebels for nothing...

One wonders if having peak of TFP as the login character was a CG troll move?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BBsJ9VSQvbE
    ^^^ That's the Southpark Cable - run around bit -- BTW
    Also, warning, SOUTH PARK......
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • no way another power to light side .-.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    f4ng5 wrote: »

General Strategy

There’s also NOTHING quick about obtaining zeta materials. I got 3 from the challenge in August and 7 in September. So... a quick upgrade will be coming in.... December! Great!
  • Old_Scott wrote: »
    When Kanan's zeta reads, "when each Foresight expires," does being hit count as foresight "expiring?"

I'm sure it does. Otherwise it would be useless and rather weird.
  • Happyanakin
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Important clarifying question: will these new zeta abilities replace existing omegas? This was the case in the past when zetas were added, but the way these zetas are described here, that does not seem to be the case this time around. (see: Zeb's and Hera's, specifically, referencing bonus damage from the existing omega without including that bonus damage in the zeta upgrade description).
  • Important clarifying question: will these new zeta abilities replace existing omegas? This was the case in the past when zetas were added, but the way these zetas are described here, that does not seem to be the case this time around. (see: Zeb's and Hera's, specifically, referencing bonus damage from the existing omega without including that bonus damage in the zeta upgrade description).

Figure I should @CG_Kozispoon for this.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Nooooooo....
    Not Phoenix full of zeta...
    Palpatine...????!!!!!!
    How is possible that almost every toon in this game has a zeta and Emperor Palpatine doesn't?
    And, of course, "try a zeta" is totally out of the reality... I need a month to obtain 20 zeta materials.. do they think that I will "try"??? Finn is my next...
  • It's great that we are seeing tons of new zeta abilities that are definitely useful. However, I have to ask: will we see a way to acquire Zeta abilities in even slightly greater numbers? I've been stockpiling since day 1 and definitely have to pick and choose even more carefully now since we are seeing Zeta additions by the half dozen instead of by the 1-2 trickle that we saw at first. Thanks for the hard work, CG team.
  • Thanks for the update and the communication. It is much appreciated. With that in mind, I must say this (purely in jest and with love!) ...
    General Strategy

g2rtv.jpg
  • Important clarifying question: will these new zeta abilities replace existing omegas? This was the case in the past when zetas were added, but the way these zetas are described here, that does not seem to be the case this time around. (see: Zeb's and Hera's, specifically, referencing bonus damage from the existing omega without including that bonus damage in the zeta upgrade description).

The abilities that got Zetas top out at level 7 right now. Not currently Omega abilities.
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    Kanan's basic ability effect is gonna be even more useless then before now with the rapid turn meter gain, surprised that wasn't adjusted
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Question for all: In your opinion which 'one' Phoenix should I zeta before the next Thrawn event? I have all at lvl. 85 & 7* and Hera g9, Sab g8, Kan g8, Zeb g7, and Ezra g7 (at the time of this post). I'm basically teetering between Ezra or Kanan.
  • Nooooooo....
    Not Phoenix full of zeta...
    Palpatine...????!!!!!!
    How is possible that almost every toon in this game has a zeta and Emperor Palpatine doesn't?
    There are a lot of toons without zetas. Zetas have generally been added to characters who weren't very viable. Before zetas, Vader was meh.....Yoda was meh....Kylo was meh, etc. Phoenix, while having an interesting concept where they'd share all of their uniques, has been underwhelming. On the other hand, Palpatine has always been a viable character and widely considered to be OP for a long time. He doesn't really "need" a zeta to be useful. But he'll get some sort of re-work or upgrade eventually. Right now, TBs is a big focus and Phoenix is needed for TBs....and also needed to unlock Thrawn. Combined with the start of season 4 of the Rebels show, it actually makes a lot of sense that Phoenix was given this upgrade right now.
  • I think it would have been more appropriate to make a few of these upgrades buffed Omega, and then only have 1 or 2 zeta. Most of us non-launch players don't have 100 extra zeta lying around and need them for teams that are impactful to arena.
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    f4ng5 wrote: »

General Strategy

much less a few!

It's kinda like saying, "If you're having trouble buying a double double at In-N-Out, try finding a few platinum bars hiding under your bed for a quick burger boost" :)
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    I think it would have been more appropriate to make a few of these upgrades buffed Omega, and then only have 1 or 2 zeta. Most of us non-launch players don't have 100 extra zeta lying around and need them for teams that are impactful to arena.

edited for you
  • If only I got 100 extra Zetas...
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    In my dream Yes I got 100 zetas free. Waiting for PheoniX. All my toons are already with zetas. Also 50 omegas and some other stuf. Than I just look in the game. Dream is gone:). Those few zetas waiting for Thrawn. Sorry. No quick boost for PheoniX. Maybe after 5 months.
    PS I wonder who is writing those informations from CG. We share the same dream.