The Road Ahead (MEGA)

Replies

• First, thanks to the dev team, very happy with the road ahead and that some of it is this month!

Second, re Google Play, read what the post says I take it as meaning that in a variety of countries there will be a variety of promos. Will be. Wait and see.

Third, and this may be more re another thread, people complaining about time. I very much like more content. When I don't have time, I auto squad and ship fights, auto TB battles at least in early days, auto early GW fights, etc. If you don't want to fight GW late stages because of the time it takes, then don't. Many people in my guild rarely complete GW and they still do well in arena, etc. Now, I like GW because it makes me think a bit, but if you don't, fine.
  • epeeist wrote: »
    First, thanks to the dev team, very happy with the road ahead and that some of it is this month!

Second, re Google Play, read what the post says I take it as meaning that in a variety of countries there will be a variety of promos. Will be. Wait and see.

Third, and this may be more re another thread, people complaining about time. I very much like more content. When I don't have time, I auto squad and ship fights, auto TB battles at least in early days, auto early GW fights, etc. If you don't want to fight GW late stages because of the time it takes, then don't. Many people in my guild rarely complete GW and they still do well in arena, etc. Now, I like GW because it makes me think a bit, but if you don't, fine.

You can't really not complete GW. You'll be far behind in TB and raids by giving up that many credits. GW is an outdated dinosaur the game would be better off without. You can't simply tell people 'don't play something that is extremely important for game resources'. They'll say, too much content, I'm out.
  • I propose renaming Territory Wars to Mod Wars, for truth in advertising. Unless, of course, you implement something that negates the effect of mods.
  • Thanks for communicating to the community!
    This is a big update and I look forward to it, among thousands of other players :)

Is there a QoL (Quality of Life) update in the works at all?
    I read through this thread and noticed a bunch of comments asking the same thing but I just wanted to reinforce the idea.
    It is something we NEED with all the new content you've blessed us with recently. I can't spend 30 minutes a day on Galactic Wars, another 15 on TB, 20 on hRancor, 20 on AAT, constantly log in for energy, do all my PvP's, all of the challenges, open all of the free packs, etc. etc.

Thank you again, CG.
  • Way too much to do now, after all of this. And it's bad enough being in a small guild right now - you just made it much worse for them.
  • I'm in a small guild, we don't put all of our resources into TB; we started doing heroic a while back, we are still focusing on everyone building toons. This new guild v guild will not be good for us, we will probable have minimal participation. We have 45 members but about half are below level 80. TB has driven down participation.
  • To clarify -
    the Fleet mastery events will be monthly.
    The Chimaera is a legendary event which, as always, will be extremely rare.

Any word on what will be needed for Chimaera event? Usually when you guys announce a Legendary event you also tell us what we will need to be able to complete it
  • Maztoras wrote: »
    Awesome stuff but I have to point out...are QOL ever coming? This game needs QOL galore more then anything right now.

+1000
  • just a hunch, maybe before halloween they will make an event featuring the new night sisters toons. NS are bunch of witches especially Mother Talzin but who knows!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »
    ALL of this sounds great, but honestly how are we supposed to play all this content?!?! :#

Buy a second tablet, log into your account on your phone and tablet simultaneously, and multitask! /s

Umm, some of us have a lot of other responsibilities to deal with, like work and a social life.

As an officer of a guild, I can tell you I'm pretty close to maxed out with raids and territory battles. I mean I spend like an hour a day for regular and ship arena too. Thank goodness GW is easy.

/s means sarcasm. I hear you on all of the above.

So the game's progression should be stunted due to a particular player's lack of time? What is a fair time investment and who gets to make that determination?

I'm honestly not sure. But if they keep increasing the time requirements without relaxing some of the older restrictions (like 10 min between challenge attempts, or insane GW nodes), then they're going to lose players. We lose 1-2 players a month from our guild because they give up and stop playing. That's not healthy either.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    Very happy about what’s ahead! Bit of darkside love. Thank you!
  • RevanReborn
    25 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    ALL of this sounds great, but honestly how are we supposed to play all this content?!?! :#

Buy a second tablet, log into your account on your phone and tablet simultaneously, and multitask! /s

Umm, some of us have a lot of other responsibilities to deal with, like work and a social life.

As an officer of a guild, I can tell you I'm pretty close to maxed out with raids and territory battles. I mean I spend like an hour a day for regular and ship arena too. Thank goodness GW is easy.

/s means sarcasm. I hear you on all of the above.

So the game's progression should be stunted due to a particular player's lack of time? What is a fair time investment and who gets to make that determination?

I'm honestly not sure. But if they keep increasing the time requirements without relaxing some of the older restrictions (like 10 min between challenge attempts, or insane GW nodes), then they're going to lose players. We lose 1-2 players a month from our guild because they give up and stop playing. That's not healthy either.

same on our guild. 2 of our officers quitted because they have a lot to catch up and sad to say responsibilities on real life first before swgoh. im really happy this game is bringing out a lot of content and tbh i stopped playing ps4 because not only on my responsiblities IRL but the time required to finish the daily's,energy refreshes,TB and HAAT. im not into much complaining but you know when the actual conflicts start to affect your life=) its a very addicting game but it shouldnt be a burden to an individual b/c games are supposed to be a breather if you know what i mean.

PS
    only people who dont have a life outside this game can fully focus on it. even the whales (no matter how powerful they have become )needs a break. pls DEVS consider the thoughts
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    For the 1st time since I started playing my guild started to lose players due to lack of time to play the game. I understand them 100%, it is indeed becoming harder and harder to keep everything on check. Takes to much time to do everything

PS: After TB was released
  • Way too much going on now. Why can’t we just get a new raid or a new TB map? Everything is becoming an entity in itself
  • So hyped for this month. Huge thank you to everyone for CG/EA!!!
  • With the updates that are coming and the DS TB coming, here are a few thoughts I hope is kept in mind that could make a DS TB a lot more difficult than a LS TB.

LS Self cleanse
    CL self
    R2 each ally when they crit
    Barris after her turn cleanses the lowest health toons
    Kanan self
    Paploo self and target ally
    Fahsoka self
    CHS self and target

LS Team cleanse
    GK team
    Chirrut team
    Rex team
    EE team
    AA team
    Kanan getting a team

Those are who I know of off the top of my head and not going through their kits to see if I've missed anyone.

DS self cleanse
    Thrawn
    Empire toons under Thrawn lead
    Sith only after Zavage takes a turn
    Zavage self only after he's been crit hit
    FOO self and target ally

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for cleansers on the DS. No team cleanse and no reliable self / target cleanse other than Thrawn or Thrawn lead for empire only and FOO.

That's a massive unbalanced area in the game. Yet so many LS toons apply debuffs. And DS basically has no way of clearing them reliably.

DS heals
    Shaman
    Shore
    Daka

There could be a case made for Sith under a Nihilus lead or under a palp lead. But they aren't actual click a team heal button. So I didn't really include them even though they gain a pretty good amount of health in their attacks.

LS heals
    CL self
    CHS self and target
    Ayala self (50% of her damage dealt regains health)

Barris equalizes team
    Chirrut equalizes team
    HY equalizes team
    Ahsoka team depending on enemy health
    EE team
    AA team
    Lumi team
    JC self and team

Could possibly include Phoenix like with the DS above. But it's not a team heal button. They just recover "x" amount at the end of their turn

I'm sure I'm missing some on the list. But without going through all the kits, this is the best I can come up with.

There are 76 LS toons. 53 DS toons. Then there will be a few new NS coming as well. But also plenty of LS toons coming with what we are pretty sure is a new Rey at least.

With DS TB and TW coming out, it really has me concerned on the amount of time spent in game. New content is always exciting. However, nothing is done to ensure the old content is either replaced with new content or to make sure the old content doesn't take hardly any time at all. I know that officer tools will hopefully be coming to the game soon to make some of the time investment drop. But, overall, there is still a massive amount of time that has to be spent in game to do your dailies, raids, TB and if you want to stay relevant at the top, you can get by with the minimum amounts. You have to maximize everything you do. Which means even more time spent in game.

I'm not here complaining about things. Just trying to share what I feel is some important notes to check with all the new content coming out and the amount of time that is being asked of players to spend on the game.
  • Tommylew
    144 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Please just fix the chracters we already have! Your new chracters have completly broken balance in PVP and it's boring as hell! The is no fun playing against GLS and GK every battle! I'd rather that then adding more and more content to the game! Gear 12 chracters should dominate gear 11 as f they are not even touching them like what happens with GW now!!!

And for the love of god! Make Zetas more available!!!
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Just link you your account to an Android emulator. Easy peasy

Your existing account is already locked to an OS.

Not if you put in a ticket.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Will wait and see, but can't say I'm excited by recent changes or what's coming.

The gear crunch is horrible so I had been saving arena and what gw I had time to grab for gear in shard shop (still hate this btw) but now I need to use that to unlock nightsisters who will no doubt be valuable in a DS territory battle....

Then there's the ships. Do I now starve myself of zeta to get my ships up to scratch?

Guild vs guild? As if matchmaking isn't difficult enough, this is going to end badly I fear.

I'm struggling for time as it is. I think these changes will be the tipping point for me.
  • Loving everything here.

Won't lie though, I'm a little sad that there was no mention or hint of Inferno Squad from Battlefront 2.

Which maybe means liscencing troubles? Idk how it all works. Would love to get some fresh Empire characters... and with everything moving onto the First Order I dont see it happening.

Is there any hope @CG_Kozispoon ?
  • Prepare yourself, Kylo Unmasked is coming to the game!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Loving everything here.

Won't lie though, I'm a little sad that there was no mention or hint of Inferno Squad from Battlefront 2.

Which maybe means liscencing troubles? Idk how it all works. Would love to get some fresh Empire characters... and with everything moving onto the First Order I dont see it happening.

46.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Loving everything here.

46.gif

Licensing issue with Star Wars and / or battlefront content? Really? Who do you thing owns the content or where it comes from?
  • SHHHH dark side users need this after CLS
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Live games are constant evolutions. Just because something is happening now, doesnt mean it will be that way forever.

Meta games are pendulums. It'll shift and keep shifting.
  • DarthZader wrote: »
    Live games are constant evolutions. Just because something is happening now, doesnt mean it will be that way forever.

Not really, this time there is no contest, that ship is massively overpowered, nothing can beat it, it won't even be about meta, it will be Thrawn and nothing else

How do you know?
    1 the ship isn't out yet
    2 they might update the other ships
    3 something, something, something darkside
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • DarthZader wrote: »
    Live games are constant evolutions. Just because something is happening now, doesnt mean it will be that way forever.

Not really, this time there is no contest, that ship is massively overpowered, nothing can beat it, it won't even be about meta, it will be Thrawn and nothing else

Right, what I'm saying is, they will then release other, powerful ships, and the meta will shift accordingly. Thrawns ship will be great for a while, and that can be okay.
  • A commander shouldn't be an event toon like Thrawn. Horrible decision
  • @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs

Are the ls ds tb's going to run concurrently or is the table going to flip from one to the other?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs

Are the ls ds tb's going to run concurrently or is the table going to flip from one to the other?

My guess is flip