The Road Ahead (MEGA)

Replies

• The heads up in Info is fantastic. And very interested in what's to come. "Details to follow"
    What I would like to know -
    How close is ds tb?
    Will it act in the same way as ls tb?
    - 6 phases 15 territories, with the same amount of special and combat missions?
    - Will there be a rolo and hermit yoda, captain han ds type toons?
    - Specialty factions a la - r1 phx and rebels only fights.
    will ds tb and ls tb alternate ?
    What of tb tools for officers and leaders? I think this should be communicated before it's released to gather feedback. And if it has to be- adjusted.
    Gvg- tb sets up gvg very well with gp and stars acquired. The parameters and rewards should be considered very carefully, there are very good warnings about how gvg could negatively impact the game.
    QOL- needs an update before all the new stuff.
    -mod management
    -forget the 600 tracker- just give cantina refreshes at 1,7,10(tz where it applies)
    Gear, gear,gear,gear- shard shop is great for gear now. But is definitely geared towards longer term players.
    Starting this game today seems awfully daunting. Please help the newer players so this game can continue to grow.
    I'm not trying to tell people their jobs, just a player giving feedback that I think will help or at the least spark a convo.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    I will put it in writing now. GvG is a terrible idea and could wreck the game. HAAT started the guild purges/recruiting wars, TB has made it 10x worse...GvG could make it 100x worse.

If they are going to implement this, it better have a lot of boxes/parameters around it.
    This. The last thing I want is more harder guild content. Give me more SOLO content goddammit! L's/D's for ships etc. I can't ever see us even doing HAAT. We get 15 stars in TB. Hpit we worked our way up from level 4 on, that was an accomplishment to do heroic. It's all been downhill since then with impossible content.
  • Karek77 wrote: »
    For the 1st time since I started playing my guild started to lose players due to lack of time to play the game. I understand them 100%, it is indeed becoming harder and harder to keep everything on check. Takes to much time to do everything

PS: After TB was released

Yep after 1st TB our Guild leader plus 2 officers quit due to taking up too much time. (One officer was our best player). The leader up & left me in charge without even asking me if I wanted to be leader! Which I didn't, I was quite happy just being an officer. Now we've gone from 50/50 to 32/50 with no idea how to recruit! Half the odd people that join break the 0 damage 24hr rule & have to be kicked out. We're in shambles all because of TB!
  • Combs
    40 posts Member
    mnogokuh wrote: »
    Sigra35 wrote: »
    I agree with those who complain about time consuming from this game. My wife already talk about divorce seriously. I can't play at work and when I get home my wife and 2 kids want to talk/play with me a little. But 3-4 hours are really minimum for this game right now.

Ok, I can just register for raids and TB is not problem eather. Main problem is GW which is soo hard nowadays. Please please please make it more simple or remove it completely. I am seriously considering to stop playing because of GW. It makes me upset and sad everyday.

never had a run longer than 15 minutes. With g8 squad. You should just invest in Zeta on Finn.

The new content looks crazy good. But there should be some serious relief to the people organizing TB and GvsG in guilds. People are already close to burn out – and exactly those player you can not afford losing dear CG. They are the most dedicated and make the game more pleasant experience for another 40 people in the guild. If they stop playing the domino effect will be hard to stop. Think about how you can help all officer, territory battle organizations and so on. A lot of officers offer you help to work with you on solutions. Take advantage of that or you will regret it. You probably don’t see it coming but once you do it might be just a bit too late. That being said I am really excited to take on the strongest guilds out there. It will be fun. Also I hope strategy will be more important than empty GP acquired through time. Or maybe at least 50:50

+464829103847292

Finn Zeta is the most fun I've ever had in this game, you can beat any team. GW was a nightmare, I hadn't completed it since the intorduction to g12, since I gave Finn a Zeta GW is a million times easier, and fun again. You're using the wrong teams people.
  • It's understandable if people don't have time to play the game.....then, don't play the game. This game is a business...not a charity....and they aren't going to keep making money if the game is just stagnant and there's no reason for anyone to spend any more money. That's how every game like this works. They add more and more...it becomes more time-consuming...and you have to do more and more to keep up with end-game level stuff. They shouldn't water down the game or freeze the state of content just so people who don't have much spare time can keep up.
  • It's understandable if people don't have time to play the game.....then, don't play the game. This game is a business...not a charity....and they aren't going to keep making money if the game is just stagnant and there's no reason for anyone to spend any more money. That's how every game like this works. They add more and more...it becomes more time-consuming...and you have to do more and more to keep up with end-game level stuff. They shouldn't water down the game or freeze the state of content just so people who don't have much spare time can keep up.

Totally hear you but the game also needs people to play. It's a line that should be toed with consideration. I love the heads up info I love the idea of more content. Tb is a lot more administrative than what people are used to and with addition of ds tb and a tb in the form of gvg I can understand people's complaints.
  • I don't think they need to freeze the state of the game to ease up the time commitment a little. Some simple changes would help a little, and maybe some of these only kick in when you reach top level.

1) Remove the timers from challenges, I don't come back for the challenges, am sure most don't, they just get done as we do other stuff, let us just sim them all.

2) Also, remove sims as an item, just make simming a thing :-) They're pointless at this point, either people have tons of them, or people are running out because they're farming low energy nodes, but energy is already the gate, sims are not.

3) Maybe allow 'end game' folks to at least skip the first six nodes of GW, roll the prizes into node 7 for them.

4) Allow us to SIM other things we've already three starred unless you're making a difficulty change, I have already 3 starred the Ewok battle, is it relevent for me to have to do all 8 rounds every time it comes back? I am not gonna buy anything new based on it, same goes for the heists, omega battles, etc!

BTW I know we can just auto, but that's not the same thing. An even better alternative is that if you've completed these events more than say 10 times, just deliver the event content to my inbox and save me even more time! :-)

• Branmark wrote: »
    "We need more content, this game is getting boring and stagnant!!!!!."
    New content is delivered
    "There is too much content and we don't have enough time to play this mobile game!!!!."

Can you imagine that these two sentences are from different people?
    And yes - we will see in our ally lists and our guilds if it is too much...

• They used to have key card battles. Those got removed then replaced by the hiests. Things can be removed from the game. Here are ways to make it better:
    1. Ship arena and regular arena attempts are combined. You only get 5 attempts between the 2 of them. Pick which area you want to do the best in.
    2. GW has oppents capped at gear level 11, level 85. That is the highest difficulty. After level 85 GW should become a solo TB. It's your own TB and you go as far as you can. Advancing phases at your own pace.
    3. Overhaul the raids. Combine rancor and haat into one raid.
    4. TB reduced from six rounds to 3 rounds for the battles.
    5. Allow sim of previous completed events.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    I will put it in writing now. GvG is a terrible idea and could wreck the game. HAAT started the guild purges/recruiting wars, TB has made it 10x worse...GvG could make it 100x worse.

If they are going to implement this, it better have a lot of boxes/parameters around it.

This, devs please read !!!

• MrPosz wrote: »
    So according to this

"Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™
    Our first character from Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ will be making an appearance before the movie comes out in December. This is going to be a variant of a character that fans of Star Wars are already familiar with, so stay tuned for more details."

We will get a character from The Last Jedi in december. Any ideas who it will be? As they said it will be variaton of character we already know... then it might be Luke?

My guess would be Jedi Rey since the Walmart google play gift card promotion lists Rey as scavenger Rey now.
  • GvG, then on to $1,000,000 dollar SWGOH tournaments on the pay-per-view EA streaming service. They'll give some free crystals for subscribing and tuning in to ensure maximum viewership.
  • snowhut wrote: »
    GvG, then on to $1,000,000 dollar SWGOH tournaments on the pay-per-view EA streaming service. They'll give some free crystals for subscribing and tuning in to ensure maximum viewership.

Ha!

+1
  • @CG_Kozispoon , Any plans to address the MK3 Carbanti Crisis?

Seems like every new character released needs 100's of those and that particular gear is a bottleneck at g8-10 causing majority of players unable to progress.
  • However exciting this may sound, I am not sure this is a step in the right direction. Especially the GvG idea.
    As a guild leader I can say that the amount of guild coordination, rule enforcement, social engineering to keep the guild alive and the time requirements for completion of 12 GW nodes, 5 Arena and 5 ship battles, raids and 24 waves of TB battles are hard to handle as is.
    Many guild members are stressed right now with kids, real life, and doing their daily chores in this game, so take it easy.
    A GvG as proposed in this post sounds like there will be much more coordination needed, and it will (again) cause those endless discussions about 'low performers' and peolple taking a week off. I worked hard to make my guild a comfortable place for everyone, but I can see all the same arguments again.
    BTW all new members that joined our guild were either fed up with the stress of keeping in line with guild requirements or bad leadership OR were just looking for a guild they could exploit to their own benefit.

It would be much better if you could do something about building a community that rewards working together instead of producing packs of lone wolves that will feed on each other at the first sign of a stronger pack...
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • RobArt
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't like the way this game developes. In the earlier days of this game events have been announced some weeks before. Now you get an advice three days before and then we need to panic farm the requirements.
    I play this game since 01/16 and I payed a lot for this game. I have a well developed roster but still I can't go with the time, because there is soooo much to do right now. "Farm this, farm that. Develope your roster for TB. Get your fleets to the top." Events show up like in a whack-a-mole.
    And now we will also have a guild vs guild event, what will increase our daily time investment. I think CG should slow down melking this cow. Because more and more people are getting upset and will probably leave this game if it goes on like this.
  • you all know - "Vote with your wallet"
    I checked a few days ago - revenue was about 120k per day - now it is 960k per day and it is just for iPhone USA.
    So obviously players LOVE it... and rest of us should accept it...
  • Cookielovah
    96 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    As a "new player" (Joined Feb 2017) I must say that this game is fairly aggressive towards new players and in the long-run, I really don't see many new players coming in. I had to work hard and never lose focus to get legendary events reward, and still, you really don't get a second to breathe and enjoy what you have.
    Your options are heavily decided for you in this game. As you are farming towards a goal, a new time-limited goal appears. Don't bother looking for guides (as a new player) as this game keeps on changing every month.
    Time-wise, I'm really not upset about anything but I feel like waiting between challenges/arena tries is completely pointless. TB phases should be 6 hours long at most.
    I believe that most people stay because they love SW, but realistically speaking, new players are kitten. Even, if you start as a whale, you need to be a mega whale at this point.

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Durmir
    205 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This game is slowly becoming a "Game of War" situation, where if you spend less than €500 you can't compete or enjoy the content.
    I just find it crazy some people would spend that much on a mobile game, then would complain that major titles on PC cost 50-60 bucks. But if they're happy to pay that much on a mobile game, I guess EA is doing a good move.

Willingness to pay has changed so much these last 10 years... People complain about DLCs and microtransactions, but then they happily pay for them. 10 years ago, spending more than €3 on a mobile game would have made you look crazy...
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    RobArt wrote: »
    I don't like the way this game developes. In the earlier days of this game events have been announced some weeks before. Now you get an advice three days before and then we need to panic farm the requirements.
    I play this game since 01/16 and I payed a lot for this game. I have a well developed roster but still I can't go with the time, because there is soooo much to do right now. "Farm this, farm that. Develope your roster for TB. Get your fleets to the top." Events show up like in a whack-a-mole.
    And now we will also have a guild vs guild event, what will increase our daily time investment. I think CG should slow down melking this cow. Because more and more people are getting upset and will probably leave this game if it goes on like this.

The GvG was requested a long time ago. But it was before we knew that we need to play TBs. This content is just too much. This huge guild synchronization that is required between AAT, TB and next GvG is insane, and more for Officers.

I don't play anymore Rancor since I don't have CLS and don't want to spend one hour to rank 15. I don't play anymore AAT because if you didn't invest in Resistance, it's unuseful. 5 guildmates can do the whole AAT by themselves. TB is annoying as hell and need a lot of coordination time. So, I really don't feel good this GvG.

Players need more individual content, like a place to try for free some build ups, without any rewards.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    JediJoeyA wrote: »
    I’m concerned, as an iOS user it seems as if you guys are leaving us out! What about us? Where’s the bonus for iOS users who loyally play the game and spend money on it. Are we forever left in the dark because we don’t have a google device? Are you doing this to get everyone to play your game on Google instead of Apple? Why the hate on iOS users?

Because Apple didn't pay promo money? Blame Apple.

I guess that means I don't get to celebrate the anniversary?

How about this? I suppose this doesn't mean us iOS users:
    Finally, on behalf of the entire team here at Capital Games, we want to express our gratitude to our players.

It must be the money us iOS users spend, there's something wrong with it?
  • A way for officers to close territories off...
    For siths sake! Please make this happen... with the new TB's coming, a simple on/off button on each territory will make the time needed to play much simpler and cause far fewer headaches for the guild.

Now that my dreams of earning gems in ship arena will be crushed by whales with 7* chimaras and other 7* capitol ships with the extra fleet slot it unlocks... its like being sentenced to six months of....
    https://youtu.be/dbwMv3GjAfY

TB is the only solace for f2p... and that to will fade if it continues to be so ____ hard to communicate via the horrid in game chat... and external chat apps are just more of a time suck...

My proposal... just make a toggle on territories that officers can activate...

On - means combat and deployment to this area.
    Off - means no combat or deployment in this area.

Pretty pretty pretty please with loads of sugar and a cherry on top!
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    A way for officers to close territories off...
    For siths sake! Please make this happen... with the new TB's coming, a simple on/off button on each territory will make the time needed to play much simpler and cause far fewer headaches for the guild.

On - means combat and deployment to this area.
    Off - means no combat or deployment in this area.

Pretty pretty pretty please with loads of sugar and a cherry on top!

This is a good suggestion, but I think needs to be tweaked slightly to let people put platoons in to all territories before doing combat missions or deploying. I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a big coding headache for the devs.
  • Does Indonesia also get Google Play Gift Card promotion?
    Discord : Spacewolf#1334
  • You gotta not only think about the time commitment but the fact that some of us have been doing some of these chores since the game came out.

Some of the daily's are beyond stale. So much of this should just not even be a thing.

I'm lost as to what they are doing to either encourage new players to come on and stay (I guess the google Rey, one sided event...?) or to actually freshen up the game for players who've been playing forever.

I don't do stuff all the time now, and I should, but I just can't bring myself to do the same fight for the 1,000 th time (seriously)

And BTW, I have a fully equipped/well modded zFinn and crew with R2 and BB8 on the way... GW ain't no 10 or 15 minute event. Yeah it's easy, yeah I can finish it with just 1 team, that doesn't make it fast.

The game needs to shape up fast and overhaul the experience for long term 2015 players.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Give some crystals for all placements in ships. I guess the rich get richer....
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    At some point the devs have to do something to alleviate game time needed. It makes no sense for so many aspects of the game to still have the same mechanics as launch. Not everything in the game needs to be gated so hard.

Believe it or not, i enjoy the game more when i don't feel like it is a job. A QoLpatch is needed quickly to keep the burn out from setting in.

• Julmay wrote: »
    At some point the devs have to do something to alleviate game time needed. It makes no sense for so many aspects of the game to still have the same mechanics as launch. Not everything in the game needs to be gated so hard.

Believe it or not, i enjoy the game more when i don't feel like it is a job. A QoLpatch is needed quickly to keep the burn out from setting in.

A QoL is desperately needed imo. Way more than new content. And especially with the new content coming. QoL for everyone that shortens the amount of time spent in game and a QoL improvement for officers in this game. As a guild leader myself, I feel like these should be a higher priority right now than throwing a bunch of new content at us. Lighten the load up first.
  • tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Julmay wrote: »

A QoL is desperately needed imo. Way more than new content. And especially with the new content coming. QoL for everyone that shortens the amount of time spent in game and a QoL improvement for officers in this game. As a guild leader myself, I feel like these should be a higher priority right now than throwing a bunch of new content at us. Lighten the load up first.

Very, very true.