The Road Ahead (MEGA)

1234568Next

Replies

• Uoza
    10 posts Member
    I'm not so curious who of the characters is coming, my only worry is what crew I have to have ready to get him/her :smiley:
  • Uoza
    10 posts Member
    According to already released new movie Lego figures, there is also new royal guard coming up. Has anybody thought of him before.
  • Yep, Praetorian Guards.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • DarthCPA wrote: »
    If past activity is any indication, my crystals are on some version of Han Solo, possibly with a lightsaber hole in his torso.

Nah, young Han Solo after the Solo Star Wars story, then my Han team will be complete and unstoppable!!!!!
  • My first post!

It's cool they're trying to add new content but streamlining and fixing current content and issues hasn't been confirmed by official sources as yet. The clear ones have been stated in numerous posts so no point adding them here.

Fingers crossed we're being heard and a quality of life update is already set to go here soon
  • Ebbda wrote: »
    My first post!

It's cool they're trying to add new content but streamlining and fixing current content and issues hasn't been confirmed by official sources as yet. The clear ones have been stated in numerous posts so no point adding them here.

Fingers crossed we're being heard and a quality of life update is already set to go here soon

Welcome to the forums!
  • Thanks!

Trying to get points across without being negative and dev bashing. That's the plan!
    My first post!

I agree. New content is great. But they need to find a way to reduce the time of this game.

1. Reduce the amount of matches in GW
    2. Reduce refresh time in Arena and challenges
    3. Fix TB battles. Max out at 3 with a boss battle at the end.
    Thanks!

Trying to get points across without being negative and dev bashing. That's the plan!

Same.
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    Ebbda wrote: »
    My first post!

I agree. New content is great. But they need to find a way to reduce the time of this game.

1. Reduce the amount of matches in GW
    2. Reduce refresh time in Arena and challenges
    3. Fix TB battles. Max out at 3 with a boss battle at the end.

I think as the game is changing other stuff needs to change. As we go tb and tw seems to be the focus now. Ls tb in hoth ds tb in .... and tw in jakku and they will change.

To have people not feel like this is a time sink I suggest (many others suggested before me) arena and fleet arena structure change - highest rank achieved in 24 hours. This allows a player to go for arena on their own time.

Challenges - some need an over haul. And either a less wait period or to get rid of the waiting all together.

Mods- the management of mods is a hassle and time consuming.
  • EA has been pushing hard to get players to spend more time on this game lately.

Territory Battles are quite time consuming. The Flash Events were designed to get players to check into the game more often. Territory Wars will happen on the days TB doesn't to try and keep us engaged at the same amount of time all the time I'm certain.

It's my belief that they want this as a stat they can show their shareholders or potential investors to encourage them to do so, as well as an underlying belief that they look at the time vs. money issue differently than is healthy for the game. Ergo, they think that increasing the time it takes to get something increases the money people will spend to get it. While they aren't exactly wrong, the real reason that time vs. money aspect needs to be kept in perspective is so that you don't make the time frame too unreasonable.

If it's skewed too much towards the money side, then the people who aren't paying quit, and once they do the game becomes boring due to lack of competition and the whales quit as well. Now the answer to this isn't to make the price ridiculous to match the ridiculous time commitment, the answer is to keep the time commitment reasonable.

This is a mobile game. 3-4 hours a day is right at the limit of what seems reasonable. As others have pointed out, Arena is 1-2 hours a day. Fleet is another hour. TB starts without anyone's control so in order to maximize output I have to spend on that 7 hours apart from when I do my pvp. Then Galactic War has gotten ridiculously hard lately, that's another half hour to hour on that. And I haven't even talked about raiding, energy, events, or challenges yet. Now all of those together take up at least another hour more like 2. Then there's the time to spend gearing and leveling toons, mods, ships, and abilities.

So we're looking at a time commitment of 5-7 hours a day as things stand right now when TB is active if you are competitive in all areas of the game. Those 3 days where it isn't up are nice because it brings the game back to where the reasonable range of 3-4 hours a day is attainable (it is at least possible to get it all done in 4 hours then).

Please do not push the envelope any more when it comes to time commitment and instead look at lowering the time commitment to some other aspects of the game if you want to add in more content.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    EA has been pushing hard to get players to spend more time on this game lately.

Territory Battles are quite time consuming. The Flash Events were designed to get players to check into the game more often. Territory Wars will happen on the days TB doesn't to try and keep us engaged at the same amount of time all the time I'm certain.

It's my belief that they want this as a stat they can show their shareholders or potential investors to encourage them to do so, as well as an underlying belief that they look at the time vs. money issue differently than is healthy for the game. Ergo, they think that increasing the time it takes to get something increases the money people will spend to get it. While they aren't exactly wrong, the real reason that time vs. money aspect needs to be kept in perspective is so that you don't make the time frame too unreasonable.

If it's skewed too much towards the money side, then the people who aren't paying quit, and once they do the game becomes boring due to lack of competition and the whales quit as well. Now the answer to this isn't to make the price ridiculous to match the ridiculous time commitment, the answer is to keep the time commitment reasonable.

This is a mobile game. 3-4 hours a day is right at the limit of what seems reasonable. As others have pointed out, Arena is 1-2 hours a day. Fleet is another hour. TB starts without anyone's control so in order to maximize output I have to spend on that 7 hours apart from when I do my pvp. Then Galactic War has gotten ridiculously hard lately, that's another half hour to hour on that. And I haven't even talked about raiding, energy, events, or challenges yet. Now all of those together take up at least another hour more like 2. Then there's the time to spend gearing and leveling toons, mods, ships, and abilities.

So we're looking at a time commitment of 5-7 hours a day as things stand right now when TB is active if you are competitive in all areas of the game. Those 3 days where it isn't up are nice because it brings the game back to where the reasonable range of 3-4 hours a day is attainable (it is at least possible to get it all done in 4 hours then).

Please do not push the envelope any more when it comes to time commitment and instead look at lowering the time commitment to some other aspects of the game if you want to add in more content.

Yep. Totally agree. I feel like this is akin to the Mother talzin /wicket events- I understand why they are doing it but I believe it’s causing the opposite effect that they wanted. People aren’t paying they stopped caring. (Of course : what do I know, I’m only going by what I hear people say.)
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Yep. Totally agree. I feel like this is akin to the Mother talzin /wicket events- I understand why they are doing it but I believe it’s causing the opposite effect that they wanted. People aren’t paying they stopped caring. (Of course : what do I know, I’m only going by what I hear people say.)

I'm with you. It discourages me even more to want to panic farm or possibly put money into the game. It's exhausting with event after event. I'm joining the majority of, "I'll get them next time" instead of sharing in the excitement.
  • ksomm5 wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

I'm with you. It discourages me even more to want to panic farm or possibly put money into the game. It's exhausting with event after event. I'm joining the majority of, "I'll get them next time" instead of sharing in the excitement.

+1!
    Love all the new stuff and this game in general, but with a full-time job and a wife and two kids, if I can't auto a battle I normally have to disregard it unless the time fairy grants me a nice moment or two. lol.

+1!
    Love all the new stuff and this game in general, but with a full-time job and a wife and two kids, if I can't auto a battle I normally have to disregard it unless the time fairy grants me a nice moment or two. lol.

+1 All of the above previous comments
  • Tothebar
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I agree. Too much time investment and with all of the new content(characters)that are so much better than existing(power creep) and behind a paywall, there is no reason to spend money because the next character will make yours obsolete anyway. So you have two choices, whale up or be FTP. The small spenders really have no point in spending at all. I do like the game but it’s becoming more of a job than something that is supposed to be fun, if you don’t obsess over every detail in the game or spend big you will fall behind.

+1!

+1 All of the above previous comments

+1 I'd be happy if they added Sims to anything you have 3*. Also remove the timer on challenges so I can bulk sim already.
  • They should add sims to arena.
  • In current TW beta, it's 2 minutes on Challenge CD and GW flat increase instead of spiking on the purples. It's crazy how quickly I get stuff done with just those changes. Cuts from an hour or two, to maxed daily in ~25 minutes. Much welcomed!
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    They should add sims to arena.

... how can they do that.

They couldn’t. I was just kidding.

They could just let you sim anyone you've ever beaten before (even if the team has changed). Then it would just be a matter of who can spend crystals the fastest. In other words, this is guaranteed to happen.
  • Nah, arena is the one place I disagree with sims