Requirements to unlock the Chimera

Prev1345
It would be very helpful to know these. Seems like 5 rebel ships at 5 stars including ghost and Phantom but would that include Ackbar's ship? But it's new event could be different, maybe just 3 ships like territory battles.

Replies

• Options
    do u need 5 rebel ships at 7* for 7* Chimaera?
  • Options
    I would assume so since they are calling it a legendary event
  • Options
    5 at 5 star to unlock....145 shards gets you his ships
  • Options
    Yes... It has always been like that.
  • Options
    I was so excited about the reinforcement bundle, I was going to buy it...

Then I saw that there weren't even enough shards to unlock a single ship...
  • Options
    Yes... It has always been like that.

We've never had a ship event before. It is reasonable to think it would be the same, but we don't know that.
  • Options
    Keep in mind in TB you don't need a full team of 5 to complete the ship missions. I think you only have to have 4, and only start with 3. So there is a precedent for not needing 5. As I said, we just don't know yet.
  • Options
    It's a Legendary Event. Ship requires 145 shards to unlock. I don't think we need more proof. 5 Rebel ships at 5* are needed to unlock the ship and you also need to have Phatom and Ghost in this team. 7* of those ships are needed if you want to 7* Thrawn's Ship.
  • Options
    Datamine supposedly says four. Hope CG can give us this info
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    2-Phoenix
    3-rebel
    7* if you want a 7* chimaera
  • Durmir
    205 posts Member
    Options
    There are only 6 rebel ships in the game, including the 2 phoenix ones. Panic around U-wings activated....

In short, no need to panic on phoenix ships if you don't panic on the ships nobody has anyway. If 5 rebel ships are really required, I wonder how many people will unlock Chimarea... Sure they'll be the 1%
  • StarSon
    7436 posts Member
    Options
    You definitely need Ackbar's ship at 5* {(and you'll need him 7* for 7* Chimaera). I'm interested in knowing if you need all 6 Rebel ships or if you can do it with just 5.
  • Options
    Yes if Bistan or Cassian is required I cannot do it
    So it would be nice to know before farming phenoix like crazy
  • Durmir
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Yes if Bistan or Cassian is required I cannot do it
    So it would be nice to know before farming phenoix like crazy

You are going to require at least one of these 2 useless ships, yes. 2 phoenix, most people have biggs, you probably have wedge, so....
  • Options
    Keep in mind in TB you don't need a full team of 5 to complete the ship missions. I think you only have to have 4, and only start with 3. So there is a precedent for not needing 5. As I said, we just don't know yet.

Actually you don't even need 4 ships for TB... I tend to use only 2 or 3 ships on the lowest levels and can crush it easy enough.
  • Options
    IronRanger wrote: »

Actually you don't even need 4 ships for TB... I tend to use only 2 or 3 ships on the lowest levels and can crush it easy enough.

I don't know about the early stages, but in Phase 6 4 7* are required to even start the battle. You can't enter with 3 or less.
  • Options
    I don't know of any official word yet. Guess we wait and see
  • Options
    From the looks of it, you just need Phantom and Ghost and a random assortment of Rebel ships. It's pretty easy to get biggs, wedge, and bistan's ships, so it shouldn't be hard to get a low-star Chimaera. Considering its low reliance on flat damage stats, stars shouldn't effect its usefulness much at all.
  • Options
    How is it easy to get Bistans ship?

If you want 7 star you'll have to pay for AA capital ship shards
  • IronRanger
    203 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    IronRanger wrote: »

I don't know about the early stages, but in Phase 6 4 7* are required to even start the battle. You can't enter with 3 or less.

I know you can enter low levels with 3 only as I do it all the time to save deploy GP... I meant to say 3 or 4 ships as I've entered with only 3 or 4... Don't need all 5. I can't beat the last phases with only 3 so I don't even try that.
  • Options
    I also would like to know how many light side ships at 7* are necessary for the new home one event.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Karek77 wrote: »
    I also would like to know how many light side ships at 7* are necessary for the new home one event.

Ironically, this is, in many ways, the more important question.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm guessing 7 at least
  • Options
    Karek77 wrote: »

To get them to 6* you only need 5* ships, so shouldn't the 7* require 6* ships?

• Options
    Bistan's ship is "easy" to get because it's a ship shop farm, but it's not "fast" because it doesn't show up that often.
  • Options
    Devs: "hey, don't tell them about ps ship requirement until after TB starts, that way they will have already spent all their guild event tokens. Then we can put ghost in the GE store twice but they won't be able to buy it! Bwahahaaaahhhhaa!"

Thx a lot.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    Somewhat related question- are the double drops for the two Phoenix ships running from the 7th until the moment the 9th starts,or from the 7th to the 9th, meaning three days like one would assume from "10/7 to 10/9"?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    L...m...f...a...o so they merged our 2 topics but mine had 1.5k views.... way to try to bottle neck the information
  • Options
    Requires Home One Capital Ship, Ghost, Phantom 2, and any 3 other Rebel ships. Just as with all other Legendary events, each tier requires increasing star-rarity units. Chimaera can be unlocked after Tier 5 (5-Star units), and yes, tier 7 does require all 7-Star units including Home One.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Requires Home One Capital Ship, Ghost, Phantom 2, and any 3 other Rebel ships. Just as with all other Legendary events, each tier requires increasing star-rarity units. Chimaera can be unlocked after Tier 5 (5-Star units), and yes, tier 7 does require all 7-Star units including Home One.

Thank you, this helps and will guide my choices.