Anyone use imperial troopers in arena?

I've been working on troopers for hAAT and I was wondering if anyone uses them in arena and if they can do well there? I've run zQGJ, Anakin, yoda, ahsoka, and Zylo for a few months, but I can't seem to place any higher than 140. Granted, I haven't worked on them for awhile, but I was wondering if i could switch to troopers and at least hold that rank, since I've been focusing on them for hAAT. Could this work or is my current squad better?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn lead, Shoretrooper, Stormtrooper, Death trooper and Krennic works well in arena. Yes, also against CLS and friends.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    ...or if you prefer jedi, you could improve your current jedi team in several ways.
  • Options
    I do not use, but face Veers/IP team in arena.

They are all g12. This team is beastly. I'm still stuck using my Sith team so I'm a little behind the times, but I've never been owned so hard as the veers + IP g12 team. This includes full g12 teams of rare/premium toons that are in my node-12 of GW. Yes, the mods on this team are extremely enviable, but still.... they nasty, and would be still be very viable with "normal" mods.
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

That's beautiful - that was my team I ran before CLS and TBs hit. I know everyone loves DK in there, but I think Veers is better overall. @Nebulous - great example of the Veers + Thrawn protection / TM synergy. Once the first body drops it's like blood in the water.

Good job just going right at Old Ben and killing him first! That's fighting with confidence! Note he's even at a gear disadvantage here with Storm and Thrawn at G11 and the entire enemy is G12.

To H*LL with Chaze also ... you get 1000 upvotes from me today for this masterpiece video. A++++
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

That's beautiful - that was my team I ran before CLS and TBs hit. I know everyone loves DK in there, but I think Veers is better overall. @Nebulous - great example of the Veers + Thrawn protection / TM synergy. Once the first body drops it's like blood in the water.

Good job just going right at Old Ben and killing him first! That's fighting with confidence! Note he's even at a gear disadvantage here with Storm and Thrawn at G11 and the entire enemy is G12.

To H*LL with Chaze also ... you get 1000 upvotes from me today for this masterpiece video. A++++

Thanks! There are a few of us holdouts still running empire but it’s difficult to hold rank now. Boxandthefuzz also has some great YouTube videos showcasing his imperial squad.

Once troopers get that first kill it’s usually all over.
  • Options
    Awesome this is great! Thanks for the feedback. My ideal final comp will be veers DT ShT ST and krennic does that sound viable?
  • Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    Awesome this is great! Thanks for the feedback. My ideal final comp will be veers DT ShT ST and krennic does that sound viable?

Why not put Thrawn as your lead?
  • Options
    I won't be able to get him for awhile. I hate Phoenix so I haven't farmed them yet. He'll eventually lead when I get him
  • Options
    I wish...but someone has to die before they really start doing damage. Snowtrooper is your best damage dealer, but he is totally countered by all the crit immunity and foresight in the meta PLUS the countering that CLS now adds. The team isn't even that great for GW anymore. They blast through the easy nodes but get rekt by any remotely meta team on the harder nodes. I'm kind of disappointed in their performance. They need just a bit more to be good.

They are good for some things though:

The forest moon event.

The R2-D2 legendary event.

They are a decent team to throw into HAAT P2 or P4

And they should be great for a dark side TB since in general they are one of the better DS teams for PVE.
  • Options
    Or Veers instead of Stormtrooper because he gives 50% TM when anybody dies. That then helps Death trooper tonuse his Terminate on someone and you can get rid of a pesky tank. I have a ZEERS and he is awesome! I really need to farm very specific mods for a while with more speed to help one or two but they are arena viable. Not top of the tree though unless they are all G12 w/ Zetas. I have DT and Krennic Zeta'd as well, outstanding combination.
  • Options
    I almost have enough zeta mats to give veers his zeta; glad to hear it will be worth it!
  • Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I almost have enough zeta mats to give veers his zeta; glad to hear it will be worth it!

It's definitely a lot of fun! Will surely be useful in darkside TB.
  • Options
    A guy in my guild holds around rank 50 in his shard with a full Trooper team, even without Thrawn. First one to have a full G12 team in our guild too. Veers, Death, Storm, Magma, and Shore.