Will the new DS TB completely replace the hoth one or will they run concurrently?

title. I'm considering getting Phoenix and Resistance up (see their zetas it's crazy), but if the TB will become DS I might as well not bother.

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon

Replies

• I highly doubt they would run concurrently for a lot of reasons. Even the way it's listed in the events calendar indicates that the TB cadence will be the same but they will be swapping out "Rebel" with "Empire".
  • Lot of players never really built DS - going to be quite a few players caught flat-footed. I'm pretty excited to use that part of the roster. Having both run at the same time could be crazy especially if we need to switch out our best mods back and forth for LS / DS battles.
  • I'm pretty sure the DS TB will not replace the Hoth TB, but they most likely will not run at the same time. Perhaps Hoth one week, DS the next, then swapping back and forth.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I can't imagine them running concurrently, it would just be a strategic nightmare to manage. "Deploy bottom in DS, fulcrum needed in mid plat#4; deploy middle in LS, combat only in bottom".
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • MK61
    57 posts Member
    Any thought that they might have both run at the same time, but your guild leader could select which to run, like picking a rancor tier?

Some of us are going to need A LOT longer than others to get Officer Leia...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    MK61 wrote: »
    Any thought that they might have both run at the same time, but your guild leader could select which to run, like picking a rancor tier?

Some of us are going to need A LOT longer than others to get Officer Leia...

screw officer leia, getting ready for a DS TB map is the real dealbreaker ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • They plan on making several different TBs, the framework is in place so it's relatively easy to put add a new territory. It'll probably will be like the other events like ground assaults and be just be rotated.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the DS TB will not replace the Hoth TB, but they most likely will not run at the same time. Perhaps Hoth one week, DS the next, then swapping back and forth.

If they ran it like that I would be outraged. They would have effectively reduced the amount of TB currency we can earn and place more of a gear crunch requiring you to gear up both LS and DS for TB.
  • So answer my own question lol TBH I think they can run concurrently, see the line "both maps will allow full deployment"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I don't think they will replace one with the other. So either run them at th same time, or alternating on the current schedule. I would think.

Moved to events sub forum.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Tavanh wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the DS TB will not replace the Hoth TB, but they most likely will not run at the same time. Perhaps Hoth one week, DS the next, then swapping back and forth.

If they ran it like that I would be outraged. They would have effectively reduced the amount of TB currency we can earn and place more of a gear crunch requiring you to gear up both LS and DS for TB.

Why would that reduce the amount of TB currency you can earn?
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Tavanh wrote: »

Why would that reduce the amount of TB currency you can earn?

Sorry, I worded it wrong. It should have been the amount of TB currency your guild is earning per week as not many guilds won't be ready for DS TB. Thank you for the correction!