Potency one more time cause in my opinion it's not working

Could anyone please shed some light on the following problem? I'm using droids with K2SO and R2.

K2 has special which dazes opponents (no percentage so I'm guessing it's 100%) with 30 potency, and R2 with his stun basic attack at 80% + 60% potency. So basically they are both at 140% to apply a debuff. I'm regularly fighting with biggs team, mostly the same, and I regularly check the opponents chars for their tenacity. Almost never the are above 55% so basically I always have 85% to apply a debuff (cause there's always a 15% chance to resist right?). This means that basically I would apply a debuff 6 times, and one should fail.

This is never the case, the statistics are completely different. Maybe I apply them half the time.

The same with mow-down of my B2 - I always use him in GW and that means that I should apply the debuff to the whole team, maybe to 4 chars - that's almost never the case, I usually apply it to two chars , three at best. And they never have more than 50% tenacity.

Is there some magic factor that I dont account for? How is it, that the statistics are completely different to what they should be. Or maybe I dont understand the tenacity-potency relation?

Replies

• You are looking at it the wrong way. Take R2 for example. He has an 80% chance to apply stun. That means 4/5 attacks will *try* to apply stun to the character. Then R2's potency will check against the opponent's tenacity. R2 will randomly roll a potency # (ex 1-100) and add 60 due to his potency. The enemy will randomly roll a tenacity check (ex 15-100) and add 55 due to his tenacity. If R2's number is higher, the enemy will be stunned. If the enemies number is higher, the stun will be resisted. The math works out for this example that R2 would stun the enemy about 38% of the time.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    You are looking at it the wrong way. Take R2 for example. He has an 80% chance to apply stun. That means 4/5 attacks will *try* to apply stun to the character. Then R2's potency will check against the opponent's tenacity. R2 will randomly roll a potency # (ex 1-100) and add 60 due to his potency. The enemy will randomly roll a tenacity check (ex 15-100) and add 55 due to his tenacity. If R2's number is higher, the enemy will be stunned. If the enemies number is higher, the stun will be resisted. The math works out for this example that R2 would stun the enemy about 38% of the time.

Uh, half right.

Yes, R2 only has 80% chance to attempt. If that lands, then he has 60% potency (let's ignore bonuses). The formula is tenacity - potency eauals chance to resist, with minimum 15%.

So then if hitting that mark, it would roll on 0-1, and if it is less than 0.15, resist, else succeed.

Likewise, K2 attempts 100% of the time, but only has 30% potency, so if enemy has 55% tenacity, that is a 25% chance to resist (again, ignoring the bonus from R2).