HotFix Update 10/6/17 (Mega)

Prev1
ShaolinPunk
3486 posts Moderator
edited October 2017
<<DEV POST>>
Territory Battle Combat Mission Outage
We experienced a server issue (See <<HERE>> )on 10/5, which resulted in players reporting issues with Phase four of Territory Battles via the Bugs and Issues section of the forums. This has since been resolved, and the following has been granted to players eligible for Territory Battles lv 65+:
  • 250 Crystals
  • 200 TB Guild Event Tokens

Mods here to Stay
The following Mod Packs will now be available indefinitely.
  • Speed
  • Health
  • Tenacity
  • Potency
  • Defense
  • Crit Chance
  • Crit Damage

Bugs
  • BB-8: "Roll with the Punches" Zeta upgrade now provides the correct amount of Galactic Power.
  • BB-8: "Self-Preservation Protocol" Zeta upgrade now provides the correct amount of Galactic Power.
  • Captain Han Solo: "Nick of Time" Zeta upgrade now provides the correct amount of Galactic Power.
  • Chopper: Basic ability "Reckless Fling" will now grants correct amount of buffs to ally.
  • First Order TIE Fighter: Cooldown of "Strafe" will now correctly reset after attacking a Target Locked enemy.
  • Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca: "Let the Wookiee Win" Zeta upgrade now provides the correct amount of Power.
Ships
  • Fixed an issue with the Gauntlet Starfighter in Territory Battles in which the ship was referencing its base stats

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Replies

• Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    In B4 sub-level-65 payers complain about not getting free stuff!!!

Anyway, thanks, good hotfix.

Edit: I think this is the 4th TB, right? The third was a nightmare for me. I couldn't complete a single combat mission without a fatal game crash. I don't know what happened but this time, besides during the server down period, I haven't had any issues at all. So if yall fixed something thanks for that too.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Didn't suffer any issues but I'll take the free stuff anyway, cheers dev's
  • I see what you tried to do with the compensation but the aggravation most of us incurred...I still feel a little sour. I dunno....thanks I guess.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    What is this for?

It can't possibly be for the game being broken yesterday where guilds (including my own) lost multiple stars because the game mode was unplayable (even after it was initially announced as fixed), could it?

Because, hassle aside, guilds lost much more than this in value. Or maybe this was just something for the hassle (which is nice but wouldn't be necessary), and they're going to fix the TB rewards that were lost due to the broken product?
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Downvote
    Broxxor wrote: »
    What is this for?

It can't possibly be for the game being broken yesterday where guilds (including my own) lost multiple stars because the game mode was unplayable (even after it was initially announced as fixed), could it?

Because, hassle aside, guilds lost much more than this in value. Or maybe this was just something for the hassle (which is nice but wouldn't be necessary), and they're going to fix the TB rewards that were lost due to the broken product?

Post edited by FierceRevan on
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • A to the men brother. Preach!
  • Strubz wrote: »
    I see what you tried to do with the compensation but the aggravation most of us incurred...I still feel a little sour. I dunno....thanks I guess.

Well the most it would have cost you, crystals-wise, is 50 crystals so if your aggravation is worth 200 crystals then you broke even ;)
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • DragonWzd wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more, if this is their "apology" for their buggy TB, which cost my guild at least a star, I find it completely underwhelming.

If it only lost your guild a star you are making out like a bandit on this. A star is worth 100 guild currency.

The people getting screwed are people in guilds that lost at least 3 stars. Or are going to miss out on a significant gear pack upgrade.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Wait. You're telling me you lost more than 250 crystals in stars yesterday? That would be about a 13 star swing. How's that possible?

The TB shop currency, yeah, I could maybe see this not making up for the loss there.

Edit: 13 stars. 29 stars (100 crystals) to 42 stars (350)
    -Sun Tzu
  • While I'm glad that EA took the time to throw a few digital nickels our way, my guild lost stars. Just like with the HAAT we're putting together teams, starring up toons, and trying to beat this thing as a guild. It's not just a bunch of lost missions or digital nickels. We lost a lot of progress from previous TB's.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey this is more than generous since it happened on one of the "easy mode" days!
    Thanks!
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    What is this for?

Unless your guild was hitting 42 or 41 stars instead of 45-44, or you were just on the cusp of unlocking fully crafted g12 gear, I don't see how this could be less than your losses. For my guild, we lost 1, maybe 2 stars, and the difference for us is literally 100 TB points tops. Besides, not everyone had bugs
  • A lot in our guild did, and the loss here puts us out of a gear tier (were likely to end up with 39 stars instead of a projected 42). With that being the case, due to a slew of missed combat missions, the "makeup" here is more a slap in the face than anything else.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited October 2017
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Any update on this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/131181/battle-stuck-in-tb-cannot-attack-or-auto#latest ?

It has been an issue since day one, and while not as concentrated of an outage as yesterday, this stability issue is causing guilds stars. We had it happen to a player today, in phase 5, that could take us out of the running for 41.

Until this bug is fixed, can we at least change how our devices are interacting with the server? Getting partial credit, by having our device "check in" with the server after each completed wave, would be better than taking a 0 for the mission.
  • As we are well aware we all got messed over by the game being glitchy, and guilds losing millions of GP in phase 4. So how the heck is 250 crystals and 200 TB tokens a fair compensation. It's all well and good releasing new content, there are obviously going to bugs now and then, but at the rate of them these last few months how are we supposed to grow and develop our squads. There are constant client restarts every week, if you're going to release something make sure it works before hand. Everyone loves the game that's for sure, but actually give us some decent compensation for these things. I would say that 70% of players are in the late game (leven 80+), so how is 250 crystals going to benefit us!? It won't... Especially if you spend 50 crystals on energy refresh and get 1 stun cuff salvage.
  • You could have gotten nothing...
  • DigitalLime2
    259 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Because if you missed out on 9 stars you would of missed out on 250 crystals on the end of the tb rewards. Therefore you were compensated. Next time a thank you for compensating us would work instead of kittening about not getting enough.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    TB missions should be reworked. Players should have possibility to start again if got kicked out. Maybe idea to have only one chance is not the best. If there would be 3 maybe it would be better. I got kicked out 4 times from combat and 1 from special. One time I couldnt go in, stuck on loading screen. I dont complain about that I Lost any stars in my guild. What is important for me is to not think about if this time I will be lucky enough to finish the combat mission or special mission. Please do something about this.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Lots of people complaining about getting free stuff that likely is more than they would have earned if everything worked fine. Some even basing it on made up "projections".

For a guild to hit 41+ stars, excellent communication and deep rosters are essential. If more than 15 or so got frozen out and no one is in communication with each other to check the forums and hold up, or you dont have deep enough rosters to make up for it, you weren't going to make your projected total anyway.

As someone who is in a 41+ star TB guild (which lost no stars in yesterday's outage) I am fairly certain that most guilds should not have lost a statistically significant amount of GP - and if they did, should probably take a look at their communication and roster strength, instead of trying to blame a short, few hour glitch. One that was compensated for in a way that was fair.

Please feel free to argue aganst the above if your entitlement is really that strong.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I will. We opened up combat missions, and had a ton of people miss. A lot stopped at that point, but a lot also said "oh...bad connection, I'll try the next one"

We went 0/6 on 50+ missions. That's very significant and can't be magically made up. Originally, it seemed a ships problem, we missed there too.

Our guild hit 40 stars prior (with a mess up in one phase, so should be 41) and gained about 4m gp from there. 42 was within reach.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    I will. We opened up combat missions, and had a ton of people miss. A lot stopped at that point, but a lot also said "oh...bad connection, I'll try the next one"

We went 0/6 on 50+ missions. That's very significant and can't be magically made up. Originally, it seemed a ships problem, we missed there too.

Our guild hit 40 stars prior (with a mess up in one phase, so should be 41) and gained about 4m gp from there. 42 was within reach.

The difference between 41 and 42 stars is significantly more than 4 million GP. Nice try.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Bigbearxba wrote: »
    DragonWzd wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more, if this is their "apology" for their buggy TB, which cost my guild at least a star, I find it completely underwhelming.

If it only lost your guild a star you are making out like a bandit on this. A star is worth 100 guild currency.

The people getting screwed are people in guilds that lost at least 3 stars. Or are going to miss out on a significant gear pack upgrade.

You would have to be EXTREMELY unlucky for this to have cost you 3*. And 3* is pretty much the max it could have cost, because most of the points come from deployment which this didn't impact.
    I will. We opened up combat missions, and had a ton of people miss. A lot stopped at that point, but a lot also said "oh...bad connection, I'll try the next one"

50+ missions? I really have a hard time believing you had that many glitches. That would take an extreme combination of unbelievable bad luck and terrible communication skills.

I'm the number cruncher for our guild, we will be going for 42 next time around. Assuming you don't have 200 all maxed squads that can get max combat on phase 6...and do phase 6 correctly, there's a gap of 22m toon GP. Given that ship GP tends to be slightly over half toon GP, that's a jump of 34.1m guild GP between 41 and 42. Things change given what you set your combat completion rate for Phase 6 but again very few can count on max combat points in phase 6 so have to do the ignore the middle strategy.

If you are that tight on maximizing stars and points, you need a lot of organization, planning and communication. I don't see how 50 missions could time out before someone got the brilliant idea that it's just not someone's connection. We had 3 fails before we stopped combat via the in game guild banner and Discord.
  • Hi, i have question. This mod packs are lvl restricted? Because player with lvl. 64 don´t have this packs in store... Thanks
  • I still got booted out of a combat mission after the hotfix