P3 Teebo/Chirpa/TIEpatine question

Leschach
4 posts Member
edited October 2017
So I was just wondering why OG Stormtrooper isn't recommended as a good tank for this team comp. Stormtrooper Han is self-explainatory with his TM gain to get Palps' combo running well, and Royal Guard is likewise an easy choice with his automatic taunt, stun and speed down.

Stormtrooper's taunt essentially functions as an inverse STH, removing turn meter from enemies every time he's struck, in addition to giving Empire allies Defense and Health up (Second Imperial Phalanx, basically) for the duration.

Using him in a TIEpatine team as an example, and a foreword before I get more into it: This is not proposed as a replacement for Shoretrooper. If you have Shoretrooper, I have no doubt he'd function better.

But, with a Palpatine lead, STH, TIE Fighter Pilot, RG, and OG Stormtrooper replacing the usual spot of Sun Fac or Shoretrooper, I have trouble seeing Sun Fac as best in slot at the best of times. His counter attack ruins Palps' Turn Meter combo by killing the side droids, and while his offense down debuff is nice, losing the main source of damage your team is supposed to utilize is a huge detriment. Using Stormtrooper instead, assuming high gear and max abilities, has high defense, a long taunt, and an unresistable expose.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Leschach on

Replies

• I think these combos were already well entrenched before the Imperial Troopers rework, and before that rework Stormtrooper was really at the very bottom of taunting tanks. Hardly anyone had him.
  • That was my thought as well. I just wanted to see if anyone had taken the risk to try him out before I invested my effort in doing it, haha!

All things being equal, since I haven't been able to find any info on using him, I believe I'm gonna take the plunge and post my results. If he works out, he would be a really, *really* affordable third slot in a Teebotine or TIEpatine team composition.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    I think Thrawn makes this a mute point no? Can't he in combo with shore essentially solo?
  • Sun fac can't be used with Teebo lead for the reason you mention. He is great for chirpa lead though (as the side droids don't get a turn once things are up and running).
    Stormtrooper is a good choice for p3 now that he has taunt and is used in various teams I see.
  • Yeah the issue is having Thrawn and Shore. Shore only being simmable 5/day means, with my luck, an average of 3-5 shards a week
  • Did you get to try ST yet? I'm curious about the results.
  • I haven't sadly, I shifted focus to get Old Daka unlocked for the Nightsister events, but I'm working on him again!
    I'll post results on this thread when I get a chance, let my F2P brothers know if he's worth a hoot. If nothing else I'll have him for my Veers squad :)
  • I may get the chance to try him in palpatie after my attempts refresh again I will definitely give it a shot it sound good to me.
  • That's a really good theory, I myself am farming characters for a thirpatine squad, all I need to get are my tanks. I was going to go for Sun Fac and RG but I guess I'll go for ST because he's a much easier farm