Everyone gets compensation

I'm sure you're still getting a large flow of income from the whales - and you have made it clear many times how little you care about the hundreds of dollars I have spent on your game. The latest "we stuffed up everyone have some compensation" was the final straw for my credit card. Some guilds were in no way affected by the outage - my alt isn't even in a guild yet it got the same as my main account which was part of a huge push to get a 42nd star. Which we probably would have achieved without the crash.

Giving everyone the same compensation is effectively giving no compensation at all - just power creep for everyone.

Replies

• Every time someone metions the "last" or "final" straw, I wonder how long it'll take before I see them raging in the forums again.

You recieved 150 more crystals than you would have if you got that extra star. You're complaining about being over overcompensated. You sir, win the cry hard medal of the week.

tumblr_nx3bocE4Kj1qceecko1_540.gif
  • You seem to be missing the point - I didn't receive any compensation - all my opponents got identical rewards regardless of whether or not they were affected
  • You seem to be missing the point. If you got a message in your mailbox with a quick apology and 250 crystals, then you were compensated for your troubles.

It's really that simple. Not worth complaining about. You got your rewards back. Get over yourself.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    You seem to be missing the point. If you got a message in your mailbox with a quick apology and 250 crystals, then you were compensated for your troubles.

It's really that simple. Not worth complaining about. You got your rewards back. Get over yourself.

Upvote
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • I suspect you are being deliberately obtuse - in which case I'm wasting my breath - at no point did I complain about the size of my compensation - I complained about the fact that it was given to everyone regardless of whether or not they were affected.

If we were going to discuss size of rewards the crystals are the least interesting part of the rewards - the difference in gear box and tokens is what its actually about - the tokens were less than the difference between 41 and 42 stars and there was no gear compensation for the better prize box missed.
  • I saw this compensation that you're talking about... What was it for and what did we get? I clicked through all of my stuff too quickly to even see it...
  • TB crashes the other day, guild event tokens and crystals
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Sounds to me more like an Elitist Mentality issue about the compensation rather than the size or contents of it. If I'm not mistaken, you seem to think that being a P2P account, or being in a guild of higher capabilities, that you are entitled to a better (or exclusive) class of being apologized to for technical difficulties.

1) The devs don't have time and shouldn't have to filter each individual member or participant during TB for what specific compensation they are worth.

2) Is it possible that the goal of hitting 42 stars is an equally important achievement for a smaller guild attempting to get at least 1 star in every territory? Is it not also possible the devs compensated smaller players for the interruption of their goal to grow to a point of joining a guild capable of participating in TB?

Your goals are no more or less important than anyone else's. It was your choice to spend money on the game. Last I checked, they don't hand out VIP cards for that, you just get to grow at your own level of financial comfort.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • My complaint was specifically than an alt THAT WASN'T IN A GUILD received the same compensation as an account which lost a star and as the TI guild which got 45* anyway - it would have been a simple matter to award each guild one extra star to compensate for the the outage.

Similarly the 20k crystals given randomly to some accounts and not others (the devs can claim otherwise but it was random not based on any specific criteria)

They don't care about the player base - only their income - and as a result they are now hemorrhaging players.
  • The guild I am in achieved 41* in the first TB - three of our uber-whales have now sold their accounts.