How exactly is turn calculated in arena?

So I had a very interesting match today in arena...

Was vs a Lando team Lando (L), Han, Jyn, Bugs, Bobba. Bobba opened with his block (no biggie) and then executed my Chirut immediately after How? Glitch? Opponents Lando also got off 4 rounds of double down before one of my toons even got a shot off...how exactly does that work??

I have fought that team before but never had a situation where they have so many attack turns before I even get a shot off.....so my question is.... How is turn rate calculated?

If I have speed 100 and opponent has speed 200 does that mean opponents team will attack roughly double times my team in the encounter (not considering debuffs etc).

Replies

• If I have speed 100 and opponent has speed 200 does that mean opponents team will attack roughly double times my team in the encounter (not considering debuffs etc).

Yes
  • Yes. If his speed is double yours (numerical value), his character will fill their turn meter twice as fast and have twice as many turns.

Also, some leaders have speed increasing leadership abilities. On top of that, if he is level 50, he has access to mods. Mods can increase the speed of your toon.
  • And maybe you missed jyn going in between bobbas attacks she could of have him turn meter
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    It takes 1000 TM to go, yes 200 will get twice the actions.
  • And maybe you missed jyn going in between bobbas attacks she could of have him turn meter

Yup this could have happened... Lol... Happened so fast.. Boom boom boom.. Oh look I'm two players down..haha...i still don't get Lando and how he got so many double down before my toons got to attack

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    And maybe you missed jyn going in between bobbas attacks she could of have him turn meter

Yup this could have happened... Lol... Happened so fast.. Boom boom boom.. Oh look I'm two players down..haha...i still don't get Lando and how he got so many double down before my toons got to attack

Lando's lead gives speed to scoundrels and Rebels. Also, which Han was it? If it was stirmteooper Han, he can also manipulate turnmeter.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    And maybe you missed jyn going in between bobbas attacks she could of have him turn meter

Lando's lead gives speed to scoundrels and Rebels. Also, which Han was it? If it was stirmteooper Han, he can also manipulate turnmeter.

Yup. Was STH. Wow the synergy of that team is tough at my level..
  • Does bobba have some mod that allows him to go first? My SA has speed 195 opponents bobba has speed 185...yet every encounter he goes before my SA...how?
  • Could be the leader. Lando is a common lead for Boba, and gives a sizeable speed boost.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    He is a scoundrel, so if Lando is lead, that would make him 200.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-guide/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

An in-depth explanation of how speed works by the largest Whale guild in the game
    I will say that this is an extremely old post, and that ties don't really occur the way the used to. Moreover, higher speed will always win now, but we still use that old system, it's just able to determine who's fastest much more effectively now.
  • MmoProNick wrote: »
    http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-guide/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

An in-depth explanation of how speed works by the largest Whale guild in the game
    I will say that this is an extremely old post, and that ties don't really occur the way the used to. Moreover, higher speed will always win now, but we still use that old system, it's just able to determine who's fastest much more effectively now.

It's not just outdated(which is already stated outright in the first line of the guide), there are no longer 'break points' for speed. I really wish someone would link an updated guide instead as I have seen this particular guide cause much confusion among newer players.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    He is a scoundrel, so if Lando is lead, that would make him 200.

ahk that explains it! tq

• Not to necro an old thread...but I just realised what was going on here. Just realised STH special (ie:his taunt) means his both a target AND boosts ally’s turn meter...that is just an INSANE talent!!! we need a pass button!!!..explains why I have been taking multiple double downs in the face..lol
  • lol all the misspellings
  • lol all the misspellings

Haha my fat thumbs and auto spell ftw :)