Gear level and level minimum for 7* Thrawn

Ravib
106 posts Member
edited October 2017
I have level 80 Phoenix with Ezra at gear 9 and the rest at gear 8. I was wondering if it is possible to beat Thrawn with this. I tried it once, and I got demolished.

Replies

• Options
    Ya I'm getting wrecked on the last wave. Ezra gear 10 the rest gear 8. I last about 5 seconds lol.
  • Options
    I'm level 79, same gear levels as you OP. P decent mods but not the best. Blaze through the first three rounds, get wrecked on the last one. They're just so hard to kill. I have Sabine too and you kill people way faster, but everyone dies too fast without Chopper.
  • Options
    Ravib wrote: »
    I have level 80 Phoenix with Ezra at gear 9 and the rest at gear 8. I was wondering if it is possible to beat Thrawn with this. I tried it once, and I got demolished.

80 might be hard. Are your uniques all Omega'd and are you using Chopper?

I did it at 85, g8, omegas for all uniques and most other abilities, sub-par mods. Not sure how much of an impact those last 5 levels have, though. Good luck!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lvl 85 g10 Ezra g9 hera G8 others no Sabine good mods 75% omegaed only took 2 tries
  • Options
    The key is Zeb. Stunning Thrawn is critical.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

80 might be hard. Are your uniques all Omega'd and are you using Chopper?

I did it at 85, g8, omegas for all uniques and most other abilities, sub-par mods. Not sure how much of an impact those last 5 levels have, though. Good luck!
    Most uniques are omega’d. Hera’s leader is maxed, Zeb’s Unique maxed, all of Ezra’s abilities maxed (except the zeta), Chopper’s unique is maxed (without zeta), and Kanan’s unique is nearly maxed (I can upgrade it today) I gave them some Mark V health mods too, Thrawn is just impossible because he kills one of my units before they can even move.
  • Options
    Felt like I got destroyed, too. Tried 10+ times and got nowhere on stage 4. Then tried to auto it and won on the first go :) Ezra G10, rest at g8 (left out Sabine) all uniques omega'ed - no zetas. Nothing close to god-mods - some not even 5-star. Think I was just very lucky with RNG but it can be done with not that bad of an investment
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Felt like I got destroyed, too. Tried 10+ times and got nowhere on stage 4. Then tried to auto it and won on the first go :) Ezra G10, rest at g8 (left out Sabine) all uniques omega'ed - no zetas. Nothing close to god-mods - some not even 5-star. Think I was just very lucky with RNG but it can be done with not that bad of an investment

Tried autoing it. The auto couldn’t kill a single enemy. The strategy says to kill the Death Troopers first, but I can’t even hit them. Also, my squad power is 60,133. Is that too low for this event?
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/javik1/collection/?f=phoenix Here is a link to my team. I am having a rough time with Tier 7 for Thrawn. Any have any tips? This is a hard event. I'm glad it is hard though. I would like get 7* Thrawn, but that may not happen this time. I am hearing that Chopper is a better spot for Sabine if you need more protection and Health on your characters. I am running Sabine, but I just cannot do enough DPS to kill those Death Troopers. I also cannot seem to get my team fast enough to go before Stormtrooper taunts which really messes with my attempt.
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Options
    The trick is to debuff but not kill the toon taunting at the start with Ezra by using Flourish. You then take out the two death troopers, then the taunter, healer and you should be left with Thrawn. He will one shot kill most of your team. I did it without Chopper but others in my guild found it a lot easiest with Chopper and benching Sabine.
  • Options

Tried autoing it. The auto couldn’t kill a single enemy. The strategy says to kill the Death Troopers first, but I can’t even hit them. Also, my squad power is 60,133. Is that too low for this event?

Well, mine was 65287 so that might be a little low. I ended up with 3 toons still standing (I think) and it didn't feel like too close a call - just the AI playing the squad better than me :smiley:
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Well, mine was 65287 so that might be a little low. I ended up with 3 toons still standing (I think) and it didn't feel like too close a call - just the AI playing the squad better than me :smiley:

What was your health and speed for each toon? What about average power?
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    I am very close to level 81, and I may level up my toons tomorrow. Don’t know if that will make a difference. I maybe could upgrade my toons to gear level 9, but my level is probably still too low.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Options
    I am very close to level 81, and I may level up my toons tomorrow. Don’t know if that will make a difference. I maybe could upgrade my toons to gear level 9, but my level is probably still too low.

G8 level 80 is enough if you have good mods.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Bz183 wrote: »

G8 level 80 is enough if you have good mods.
    I have mk v mods on Ezra, gave him my best mods. The others have ok mods, some are mk v.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I made some progress. The auto killed that taunting stormtrooper.
  • Options
    Only the stormtrooper? Or everyone through to the Stormtrooper?

Kill order should be Deathtrooper, Deathtrooper, Commander, Commander, Stormtrooper, Thrawn. (I wound up killing the Stormtrooper before the two comanders because I got him down pretty low with attacks before a cleanse came up, so I just finished him off)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Only the stormtrooper? Or everyone through to the Stormtrooper?

Kill order should be Deathtrooper, Deathtrooper, Commander, Commander, Stormtrooper, Thrawn. (I wound up killing the Stormtrooper before the two comanders because I got him down pretty low with attacks before a cleanse came up, so I just finished him off)

I can’t even touch one of the Death troopers before Thrwan kills one of my units, or that stupid Stormtrooper taunts again.
  • Options
    It’s harder now than it was the first time the event came because before thrawns AI **** and after that they fixed it I have a lvl 85 team gear 8 all omegas decent mods and I get wasted and I’ve played the event almost non stop since it launched and it’s the same story over and over
  • Options
    1:01AM
    Sabine, G8, 200
    Ezra, G8, 179
    Hera, G8, 176
    Zeb, G8, 158
    Kanan, G8, 157

It's possible. Took about 40 tries.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, so now, I played through the whole last round without auto, and they can kill the deathtroopers. But one to three toons are always gone when I finally kill the death troopers. So, I can’t kill anyone else without getting destroyed by Thrawn. Maybe if I add a little bit more gear, they can barely win.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Tried about 15 times today. Closest I got was killing both DT’s and one healer.
  • Options
    I’ve tried it close to 100 times today probably and that’s all the closer I got
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Options
    D_Nemes1s wrote: »
    I’ve tried it close to 100 times today probably and that’s all the closer I got
    Did I mention that Thrawn ALWAYS does 18,000 damage on his basic attack?