Thrawn Event

Prev134
Help, what’s the best way to complete the thrawn event at 7*?
I’ve unlocked him at 6* but keep getting destroyed on the 7* battle.

I’m running Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Sabine and chopper
All 7* level 85 with decent/ good mods on them
All minimum gear 8.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.

Replies

• Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Crooklad wrote: »
    Help, what’s the best way to complete the thrawn event at 7*?
    I’ve unlocked him at 6* but keep getting destroyed on the 7* battle.

I’m running Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Sabine and chopper
    All 7* level 85 with decent/ good mods on them
    All minimum gear 8.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Replace sabine with zeb. His stuns help a lot.
  • I’ve only got zeb at 6* at present. Not sure if il get him there by the event finish
    Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Yea going to be tough you're missing out of protection regen as well
  • Dame story as above but ive tried every combo... there all 7* g9 and hera/ezra g10... the most i can do is kill one... sigh... guess tbey want me to spend money i dont have on what? Zetas you can't buy?

I know others completed it with with less gear last time... seems the difficulty got cranked up.

Correct me if i'm wrong... but g9/g10 was enough to 7* thrawn last time?
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Dame story as above but ive tried every combo... there all 7* g9 and hera/ezra g10... the most i can do is kill one... sigh... guess tbey want me to spend money i dont have on what? Zetas you can't buy?

I know others completed it with with less gear last time... seems the difficulty got cranked up.

How are your mods? Are all uniques omegad?
  • There all 5* maxed mods... all started colored... no whites... they could be better, if changing Camaro lv mods for for Ferrari lv mods is what your asking... and no zetas but all the pertinent omegas are done.

Ive played through a couple dozen times now... best i can do is take out the tank and die or dispel tank and maybe kill a deathtrooper...
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I am solid omega GS 9 on Hera, Zeb, Kanan, Ezra, Sabine and 7* is impossible just on Thrawn. Getting to him is easy. It’s his **** 1 shot if he targets anyone but Kanan or Zeb. The other issue is the **** ST keeps healing all the damage faster than I can crack it out.

Tried Attack order ST, DT, ST DT and every Zeb Attack in Thrawn to no avail
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Dame story as above but ive tried every combo... there all 7* g9 and hera/ezra g10... the most i can do is kill one... sigh... guess tbey want me to spend money i dont have on what? Zetas you can't buy?

You should be ok with this team. Ihave same gear level and team and i did ok . Better mod and looks up omegas.
    DT first, trhawn last

• This is my team and i cant win last one https://swgoh.gg/u/zylaja/collection/?f=phoenix . No sabine in team

People completed it last time with all G8s and no zetas obviously.

The difficulty must have been increased. I'm G10 ezra, G9 hera, G8 everyone else with omegas and 5* mods and I can barely kill the taunting stormtrooper in round 4. Sometimes I can't even do that.

This is ridiculous. Do we really have to G11 them all this time?
  • Guessing they made harder with Phoenix rework. Sounds like the yoda stuff they pulled long ago
  • I mean you can't take hardly ANY protection off Thrawn. I hacked and hacked. Then when he fractures someone it's game over since he counters everything and then everyone dies.

Devs please do something about this amped up difficulty. It's completely unfair if it was increased because I don't see how anyone possibly beat this last time with G8s and they did since I can see what my guild mates have.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Guessing they made harder with Phoenix rework. Sounds like the yoda stuff they pulled long ago

It was plenty hard last time. I'm pretty sure they have said that the difficulty hasnt changed. I hsg g11 ezra, g10 hera, g9 sabine and g8 kannan and zeb and it still took me at least a dozen tries
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Just completed it but I had to switch out all my best mods to make it happen.

Ezra G10
    Hera G9
    Kanan, Zeb, Chopper G8

Made Chopper my fastest followed by Hera. That kept the taunt/back up plan working well, especially once I lost Kanan not long after getting through Stormtrooper.

After I took out Deathtrooper the rest crumbled. If you can use Ezra's debuff to kill the Storm troopers taunt, just go right after Death Troopers straight away.
  • It is much harder. I got g10 all with my best mods, omegas done. Still... Can hardly kill the taunting stormtrooper.
  • Anyone know when the event will be back?

Prob take another 6 months to get all the stun guns needed
  • I just completed it.

Hera(L) G9
    Ezra G9
    Chopper G9
    Kanan G8
    Zeb G8

I used my arena mods and failed pretty miserably on wave 4. Then I Omega’d Chopper’s unique and won pretty handily, it seems to help a lot. I did have Hera’s Leader Omega’d & all of Ezra’s abilities Omega’d previously, no Zetas though.
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I just did it with my G8 Phoenix squad (didn't use Sabine, see here https://swgoh.gg/u/koragaz/collection/?f=phoenix ). Tried it with the original bad mods they had and I got annihilated. Swapped over my arena mods and I did it first try. Couple of things that helped me:

1) Make sure all your skills are out of cooldown at the end of the 3rd phase. Go into 4th phase prepared!
    2) Zeb is important! Try to 7* him and use as much potency on him as you can. Thrawn has really high tenacity, but I managed to stagger/stun him a couple of times and that helped a lot.
    3) Use as many damage mods (critical damage, chance, offense) as you can on Ezra. He'll be able to dispose of adds really fast.
    4) Careful with your taunts. I used a combo of Hera's rez and Kanan's taunt at the start. On my first failed try with the bad mods, the rez didn't work when a fractured Kanan died (rez buff applied after fracture, might be a bug? The buff icon was there, so it should've worked). Remember, dead Kanan means no counter attacks.
    5) Kill order: Deathtrooper->Healers->Stromtrooper->Thrawn.

That was my experience, hope it helps!

Gear eight was enough last time, but speed counts big time, and also, kill order, Fwiw, Sabine at 213 Ezra at 187 Hera at 178 zeb at 166 and kanaan at 156, Match or exceed those speeds on those chars and you should be just fine at gear 8 or better. Also it helps to time it out that Ezra has Tm going into the last wave so you can dispel the taunt and start on the death troopers right away,
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I mean you can't take hardly ANY protection off Thrawn. I hacked and hacked. Then when he fractures someone it's game over since he counters everything and then everyone dies.

Devs please do something about this amped up difficulty. It's completely unfair if it was increased because I don't see how anyone possibly beat this last time with G8s and they did since I can see what my guild mates have.

They increased A LOT the difficulty, they dont want any FTP to get Thrawn

Update: l did beat it after a lot of strategy and a good RNG

Kanan Taunts, Dispell the ST with Ezra or Chopper, then Thrawn fractures Kanan, l taunt with Chopper, them l kill the DTs, then the ST, then the Commanders, and finally, Phoenix Squad vs Thrawn, it was super exciting, l used Hera's Backup Plan to revive Kanan as l focused Thrawn's attention to him (like 4 times, it was hilarious), finally, Ezra defeated him with a Flourish, it was super epic, and nobody died (well Kanan did, but he was revived like 5 times).
    Post edited by ElleMadara on
  • zylaja
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    DracoN wrote: »
    DT first, trhawn last

I did it :smiley: thx for advice.
    With this team https://swgoh.gg/u/zylaja/collection/?f=phoenix . No sabine
  • Yeah this is definitely op
  • Trojo
    41 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Q
  • Lmao you don’t need any zetas. I have g11 all but didn’t even put my mods on them I do for TB. And I autod it, completed it with only a little bit of protection taken away. Used chopper instead of Sabine
  • So it's impossible without Ezra true? The other 5 at G11 can't do it yeah
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    The fight is totally annoying and no fun.

And why does the Phonenix team constantly counter attack in the first three phases and almost never in the fourth.

Way to make the game less fun devs.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • D_Nemes1s
    65 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It wasn’t supposed to increase in difficulty because of the rework but it’s pretty obvious that it did I have everyone 7* modded gear 8 a 64k+ power team and they just get annihilated
  • go read last event posts and u see even g9 teams got hard times to finish T7
  • I managed to beat it with all G8 Phoenix members, using Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Zeb, and Kanan.

I moved over my Arena mods, took them all up to level 85, omega'd all their uniques and most of their specials, and tried half a dozen times or so.

It's ridiculously difficult, but like all things in this game, if the RNG is on your side, you'll eventually come out on top.
  • DavidSPumpkins
    156 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    G11 ezra, G8 Hera/chopper/Zeb/Kanan. Uniques omega'd, other abilities level 6 or 7. Mods are barely in the realm of decent (level 9-12, low speed values, sub optimal sets and secondaries). 68k and change GP in total.

2nd try. With arena mods it would be pretty simple. If you're complaining about the difficulty, you either aren't playing the encounter properly, or you need to examine your mod situation.