Thrawn Event

Replies

• JimKirk
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    G10 Ezra, rest g8, i used Cooper not Sabine, with arena mods, all special omegad, potency on Zeb, fast Hera, luckily i got some good RNG, first attempt, at the end got Thrawn at 7* with, Chooper, Sabine and Ezra still alive. Dispel taunt from tank, taunt with Kaanan or Choooper so they get Fracture, Kill Death Troopers, than Tank, leave Thrawn for the end, and call Zeb to assist so he can stun.
  • This can be done with all g8, sounds like a lot of misplaying of ability use and tm management
  • got 7 thrawn. used ezra g10, chopper g9, hera,kanan,zeb g8. decent mods but not arena level. when available i tried to debuff thrawn with zeb. but kill dt first. always call zeb for assist.
  • I beat it with g9 Hera, g10 Ezra, g8 Chopper, Kanan, Zeb. Ok mods on Ezra, mostly leftover mods on the rest. Set to auto the first time just to see how close I was and they pulled it out. Lost Kanan and Chopper.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Got Thrawn’s 7th star on my 4th try with g9 Hera, g10 Ezra, g9 Chopper, g8 Zeb and g8 Kanan. I got a very bad start when Thrawn fractured Ezra but rng got nice after that with Zeb consistently landing stuns on death troopers and even Thrawn himself. I only lost Chopper.
  • I ran it without chopper.

Sabine G11
    Ezra G10
    Hera G8
    Kanan G8
    Zeb G8

Sabine and Ezra have good mods (Sabine has almost arena worthy mods) and the other 3 have decent mods: nothing special, but level 15 and 5*.

Make sure you mod your toons with a good amount of protection. Zeb's unique gives them all 15% protection recovery whenever they take turns.

As far as strategy, I recommend dropping Hera's backup plan on Kanan ASAP when you reach Thrawn and then make him taunt. He has decent defense and protection to absorb some hits but he WILL go down and be revived. I used Ezra to remove the stormtrooper taunt and then went after the deathtroopers first. Sabine was fractured first (probably because she is the fastest) so she was largely a non factor. Use Zebs sweep attack to knock out the special buff on a DT and potentially Sabine's AOE to hit the other. Try to use the assists on Hera and Ezra to call your damage dealers and take out the DT quickly. Ignore Thrawn until everyone else is dead. Use armor shred on him to make him go down faster and protection regain abilities plus backup plan to keep your guys alive because Thrawn still hits hard.

Hope this helps in some way.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    I got it with G9 Ezra, G8 Hera, Zeb, Sabine and Kanan, but there is a huge amount of RNG involved and you need to manage cooldowns and TM well. Even if you do everything perfectly, RNG can still make you fail at this gear level though. Took me 12 attempts.
  • Just completed with all gear 8 but had to literally strip loads of mods off other toons until I got the correct mix and RNG. Hera, Ezra, kanan, zeb and chopper. Put all potency mods on zeb and then increased the speed significantly on chopper and ezra
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    I got it with G9 Ezra, G8 Hera, Zeb, Sabine and Kanan, but there is a huge amount of RNG involved and you need to manage cooldowns and TM well. Even if you do everything perfectly, RNG can still make you fail at this gear level though. Took me 12 attempts.

Potency can be a game changer too. I got lucky when zeb countered and got daze on some people and then stun. He even countered Thrawn once and stunned him because stagger was already there. In general the enemy seems to have pretty high tenacity, so potency mods can help you a lot on Zeb.
  • I did it running g8 phoenix without Sabina. Arena mods gave whole team extra speed 100+. Easy.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Vohbo wrote: »

Potency can be a game changer too. I got lucky when zeb countered and got daze on some people and then stun. He even countered Thrawn once and stunned him because stagger was already there. In general the enemy seems to have pretty high tenacity, so potency mods can help you a lot on Zeb.

This is absolutely true. Empire and Rebels are the only two factions I can farm mods with, so I have a lot of good potency mods. In modding, Sabine is the lowest priority. Kanan should just get survivability and some speed. Zeb should be maxed on potency, and Ezra and Hera should be highest speed (at least, that is how I did it)
  • I completed the event with:
    Hera (L) G8
    Ezra G9
    Sabine G8
    Kanan G8
    Zeb G7

All unique omega; not zeta. I gave all arena level mods with lot of speed. Barely won against thrawn.
    The kill order in Phase 4 is to dispel the taunting trooper, then focus on the 2 death troopers. I killed Thrawn last.
  • I didn't want to deal with moving over arena mods so tried it a few times with all junk mods. Failed a few times so upped Chopper's and Ezra's speed but don't think I needed it in the end. After, I noticed 3 mod slots were actually empty. Zeb surprisingly was the super star, besides Ezra's dps.

Hera - G8 +23 speed
    Ezra - G10 +63 CD set
    Chopper -G8 +83 speed set
    Zeb - G7 +28 (added potency cross)
    Kanan - G7, +11, lvl 83

-As someone else mentioned, kill DT first, thrawn last
    -Make sure Thrawn fractures worthless Kanan or Chopper (preferred)
    -Save all dispells for taunt
    -Key was using zeb's daze/stun esp on the DT using Hera's and Ezra's assist. Try to keep DTs from going as much as possible. Ignore everything else until they are down. Do your best to keep everyone alive.

After the first round or two, probably 4 of them were dazed, 2 were stunned on average. Once I got the rhythm going it was rather easy and only Kanan died but had Hera's rez so ended with all 5 standing, almost full health.

You can auto rounds 1-2 with nearly full health, do manual on round 3 so specials are reset.

• darthAmmuz
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Guys i just finished the event with gear 8 and mk5 modds.. i thought it was impossible and came to this forum thinking i wouldnt be able to do it.. but i did without sabine..
    Use chooper's taunt often. Use hera's revive on him.. in the inital moment make kanan taunt so thrawn fractures him.. make sure zeb has alot of potency.
    Also try to debuff stormtrooper so you can hit others.. first priority is to debuff deatg troopers and get their critical 100% buff off.. afterwards focus on killing DT -> ST commander -> ST -> thrawn.. while u r killing in this pattern try to daze and stun thrawn or stagger him and maks him loose a turn... keep taunting and give hera's revive and all protection up to the guys taunting.. thats about it
  • Did with g10 sabine, g9 hera and chopper, g8 kanan and zeb. I think sabine and ezra are interchangeable, at least for me, so i went with sabine since she was better geared. My mods weren't bad, though not arena worthy, hera didn't even have maxed mods.

I got it on 5th try. Its a chess match between backup plan, taunt, fracture and RNG. Dispel taunt, kill DT, kill left storm, then middle. Keep up stagger on thrawn.
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I mean you can't take hardly ANY protection off Thrawn. I hacked and hacked. Then when he fractures someone it's game over since he counters everything and then everyone dies.

Devs please do something about this amped up difficulty. It's completely unfair if it was increased because I don't see how anyone possibly beat this last time with G8s and they did since I can see what my guild mates have.

Yeah it's ridiculous. G8 did it last time, I am g9, good tactician, solid mods and Omega abilities and they can't scratch Thrawn. I am going to try and get my Zeb to g9 or g10 and see if that helps. I just need an anchor
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    All at G9. Taking out the DT first, freeze Thrawn with zeb / and Tank + healers. No crazy mods. Keep on trying!
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Dame story as above but ive tried every combo... there all 7* g9 and hera/ezra g10... the most i can do is kill one... sigh... guess tbey want me to spend money i dont have on what? Zetas you can't buy?

I know others completed it with with less gear last time... seems the difficulty got cranked up.

Correct me if i'm wrong... but g9/g10 was enough to 7* thrawn last time?

People completed it last time with all G8s and no zetas obviously.

The difficulty must have been increased. I'm G10 ezra, G9 hera, G8 everyone else with omegas and 5* mods and I can barely kill the taunting stormtrooper in round 4. Sometimes I can't even do that.

This is ridiculous. Do we really have to G11 them all this time?

Tell me about it. I put my arena mods, so all of them are 230+ speed. Ok only g9 - and I don't have chopper. But I can't get past last battle.

They scaled up the difficulty for sure.
  • Wessaharja
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Event is definitely very RNG dependent. Put omegas on all (cost me a good 50 mats or so) and also used my arena mods. Completed with G11 Ezra while Hera, Zeb, Chopper, Kanan were G8. Had protection left on all toons when engaging Thrawn (last opponent standing). Hera had around 180 speed and chopper had closed to 230 or 240. Can't say if it mattered or not. He only dispelled once.

Was hard at first but easy in the end = RNG.
  • Can you do it if you don't have chopper? As I don't have him :(
  • It's achievable with gear 8 just make sure you put all potency on zeb and the use your best mods on others to increase speed. The key is to debuff the storm trooper at the start then take out the 2 death troopers. Zebs potency and stun abilities help on thrawn. It all falls in to place once death troopers are taken out
  • I have no more credits to move mods :'(

Will have to try in a few days
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Garmaddon wrote: »
    It's achievable with gear 8 just make sure you put all potency on zeb and the use your best mods on others to increase speed. The key is to debuff the storm trooper at the start then take out the 2 death troopers. Zebs potency and stun abilities help on thrawn. It all falls in to place once death troopers are taken out

I agree ... DT are the priority!!!
  • Problem is I get to p4, and can't even get to the DT's because by the time I dispel ST - half my team are dead :( Ah well, 6* thrawn it is. Too bad.
  • Thrawn Event did get more difficult. Fracture is an instant kill on every char from G8-G9. Deathtrooper can’t be countered, DT average dmg goes from 10k-14k. MK5 mods. No one stands more then 2 attacks. I don’t want to get anything on a silver plate. But this is insane. I fight this event for more the. 2 hours now. Switching mods lik crazy and I can’t beat more then 2DT and the tank.

Srsly devs!? Why? This is really no fun!

And on a different node, fire those guys who are responsible for any prizing on the packages you release. Super stupid. Could make wayyyyy more money if the prizes were tempting. But they are just way to expensive. Waaaaaaste!

Love the game though, but this bug and the prizes need to b fixed.
  • Try to complete phase 3 without using any of there abilities just basic attacks
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Can you do it if you don't have chopper? As I don't have him :(

Yes but you probably need stronger toons than G8.

Yes but you probably need stronger toons than G8.

Let's hope rancor is generous with its rewards this week then.... bloody stun guns!!
  • I stand corrected. Use chopper, not Sabine.

I did.