Thrawn Event

124Next

Replies

• Wasilla
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Not a bad Phoenix Squad but still having issues.

(you can click a link in this message)
  • Wasilla wrote: »
    Not a bad Phoenix Squad but still having issues.

(you can click a link in this message)

Not bad no, but as has been posted many times, your speeds are too slow, Hera Sabine and kanaan need to be faster
  • Ok, I'm desperate for a little help. I've gotten to just Thrawn several times, but by then, I've been decimated. Full G8 team (no chopper) with decent mods. Here's my team https://swgoh.gg/u/raindragon/collection/?f=phoenix

I'm 90% ftp and been farming these guys for the last couple of months. I really want to get him to 7*. Thanks!
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • it really came down to the RNG. after about 100 tries of getting my **** kicked, i wrecked
  • Raindragon wrote: »
    Ok, I'm desperate for a little help. I've gotten to just Thrawn several times, but by then, I've been decimated. Full G8 team (no chopper) with decent mods. Here's my team https://swgoh.gg/u/raindragon/collection/?f=phoenix

I'm 90% ftp and been farming these guys for the last couple of months. I really want to get him to 7*. Thanks!

@Raindragon your zeb kanaan and Sabine are a little too slow, mod them faster, and you should be fine
  • SARSling wrote: »
    Thrawn Event did get more difficult. Fracture is an instant kill on every char from G8-G9. Deathtrooper can’t be countered, DT average dmg goes from 10k-14k. MK5 mods. No one stands more then 2 attacks. I don’t want to get anything on a silver plate. But this is insane. I fight this event for more the. 2 hours now. Switching mods lik crazy and I can’t beat more then 2DT and the tank.

Srsly devs!? Why? This is really no fun!

And on a different node, fire those guys who are responsible for any prizing on the packages you release. Super ****. Could make wayyyyy more money if the prizes were tempting. But they are just way to expensive. Waaaaaaste!

Love the game though, but this bug and the prizes need to b fixed.

Same here, these rng dependent events are a huge waste of time and suck all the joy out of the game. Why even have the first 3 rounds of troopers just to waste away more of our lives having to retry the event? Sometimes Thrawn one shots a member of your team dealing 24k damage/sometimes he doesn't, no matter how much you speed up your squad the death troopers always go first...the counter attacks do 0 damage to the taunting trooper, when Ezra finally gets his turn and can dispel the taunt, the trooper just retaunts within 2 turns (guess the other lucky rng people havent had this happen). Im beginning to hate every legendary rng heavy event (r2 was horrible, Thrawn is becoming a huge waste of time, all the capital ship events too). Between this and stage 6 of TB just a miserable day of gaming on swgoh

^ this to posts. 100% agree
  • Been reading some of the advice and tips for the event. I have all 7* level 85 toons except Ezra. Has anyone been able to get 7* Thrawn with these toons? and if so, what were your mods/gear levels? Just trying to figure out if this is something I should put time into or wait until the next turn. Thanks
  • Let me bulk everyone’s advice into one for you. You’ll either get, and I know it’s not even advice per se, that it was too easy and should have been harder since Thrawn is legendary (never mind so was CLS and I cleared that with much less). Or you’ll get keep trying til RNG-eebus smiles down upon you. I’m probably 200 attempts in and he/she hasn’t smiled yet, feels a lot more like another guesture... chopper over Sabine is only real advice if you have him. From there it’s 100% a roll of the dice. Which is so ridiculous it’s not even funny. I’ll go 20 straight attempts and he’ll fracture Hera or Ezra right off the rip. Lots of fun
  • if you have a G8 Squad you NEED Chopper. My team is G8 almost G9 I am just 2 gears short but no I am not going to spend raid gears on this useless faction that i've been told not only to level&Star it up but also GEAR IT UP to a level I am not willing to.

It is not a star requirement Event, its a gear requirement mostly, and they are using it as a gear sink unfortunately.

Now before someone say use good mods, I am using my 220+ speed arena mod that I use to climb to the very top of my arena shard everyday with no problem but still I lose a toon or two before even dispel the tank...

Thrawn can single shot any toons, doing 11k-15k per hit and the double attack from DT is doing the same. so if you can't dispel the tank ASAP "hint thats why you need chopper" you are pretty much done.

So my question to CG, whats the point from farming these toons gear it up to a fair level based on their usability and then let the RnG decide for me if I will get lucky or not?

just when I thought you did nice to tell people to be prepared this time, you proved I was wrong.

Good luck to whoever still trying and congrats to the ones who got him 7*.
  • I'm able to counter nearly every phase until the actually thrawn battle. What changes with that?
    I'm also having DT dispel my back-up plan.
    Chopper doesn't assist during the final phase either.
  • So I've been struggling with this all week. I was using Hera g8 (L), Ezra g10, zeb g8, kanan g8 and sabine g8 and getting slaughtered. After reading some of the posts above I swapped Sabine with Chopper.

My Chopper is g7 (one piece off g8) with rubbish mods (I couldn't be bothered to change them). I had applied some decent mods to the other 4.

I did it first time by making this swap. I had CHopper's unique omega'd and basically spammed him assisting to give extra buffs to the team. This gave me a second option to remove the taunt at the start and gain protection up throughout. Then taunt to allow healing of others. The toons were barely touched throughout.

So I hope this gives real hope to players still struggling. Chopper for the win!!!
  • I’m assuming the only way to do it is with all the abilities at min level 7?
    I’ve got good mods on all my toons now. Hera, zeb, Ezra, kanan,chopper.
    Still gettn destroyed.
    Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • Crooklad wrote: »
    I’m assuming the only way to do it is with all the abilities at min level 7?
    I’ve got good mods on all my toons now. Hera, zeb, Ezra, kanan,chopper.
    Still gettn destroyed.

I did it with some abilities level 3-4 on hera and chopper. Uniques all omega though. It was really just a try where everything went right. Had all 5 left, thrawn kept cleansing instead of attacking, i used all assists to zeb to daze him, and i slowly got him down.

Same strategy failed like 50 times, just took 1 to go right i guess.