Thrawn Tips?

Athusk
348 posts Member
Last time the event came out, I believe I read that G8 Phoenix was able to clear T7 of the event.

I left my Phoenix team at G8 and didn’t bother gearing (due to having other priorities).

Now that the Thrawn event is out, I get to Phase 4 no problem, but 1-3 of my toons get wiped before I get a chance to go...

I’m not sure if this is due to bad RNG or if my toons are under geared.

Anyone able to clear that can send some tips my way?

Replies

• More gear or super mods. Kill DT first. Thrawn last. RNG on who thrawn fractures. Good luck! I had g10 Ezra and chopper. G9 hera. G8 Kanan, Sabine and zeb. Won with Kanan over Sabine. It took 4 tries with my best mods.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I did it all at g8 and even without Ezra.

Yes, at that gear level, RNG is a factor. But you should put some fast mods on them--that will help.

I focused on deathtroopers first...stunning or staggering Thrawn as needed. Also stun stormtrooper if he has taunt available. I did also put an armor shred on storm just to make things easier.

After DTs, do stormtrooper commanders...though if stormtrooper is low, you may want to kill him so he can't get healed.

When you call an assist, if you pick Zeb, he can stun characters with an existing Daze, so use his attacks with that in mind. Also, if Sabine or Zeb use their stagger specials, Chopper mught assist and hit it right away.
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    i cant beat it guys
    https://swgoh.gg/u/elessarturk/collection/?f=phoenix (Trying to chopper add gear)
    There are so many people (even in my guild) worse mods gears and skill level then me but they finished 7* . This is NOT RNG .
    Post edited by NightwingTR on
  • God **** this is hard even with a fast g10 ezra.
  • I have a gr.9 Ezra and the rest of my team was gr.8 I used everyone but Sabine it took me little over 20 times, but I finallly got thrawn to seven stars. If you're anything like me and don't want to use a ton of gear on phoenix just debuff the taunter then debuff the death troopers and to counter fracter give a ton of protection to one of the taunters then use a taunt.
  • also the 20 times before i did it it was almost always down to the last few characters on both sides ,but when i tuanted the right characters and what not i even got three stars on it
  • Omegas on all the uniques seem to make all the difference, even more so than gear or mods.
  • If you are going with g8, it's going to take some luck. I have a g10 ezra and sabine 9 with everyone else 8. I have really good (not the best) mods (5* L15) and no speed over 190. On the final battle, one of the dt's hit ezra 2x but didn't daze, so ezra hit back 4x and killed him (that was very lucky). Also, most of their fire was not aimed at one toon, so they all could regain their protection each turn.

Also, if you are using chopper it's easier (b.c of his unique) so you don't need as much gear requirements, but if you go the sabine route, you had better bring the damage.

Good luck
  • Put Sabine in a catapult and toss her into the sun. Use Chopper.

Turn basic only on in the autobattle options and auto through the first three sections, turn it off for section four. Use Chopper or Ezra to remove the Stormtrooper's taunt, kill the deathtroopers, finish off the Stormtrooper, kill the Commanders, take down Thrawn.

Kanan taunts immediately to eat the Fracture. Hera uses Backup Plan on him. Otherwise just keep using his basic attack and Total Defense on anyone that's low on health/protection. Taunt when you're pretty sure Fracture is coming off cooldown (it's easy to lose track).

Hera throws Backup Plan on anyone that's low on health, which is usually Chopper or Kanan. Keep calling Ezra to assist with her other special any time its off cooldown.

Ezra attacks whoever the current focus target is, save Flourish for when the Stormtrooper taunts. Call Zeb with your assists if you're targeting Thrawn to put Daze on him, otherwise call Hera or Chopper (for more buffs).

Zeb hits the target with his heaviest available attack. Save Honor Guard for when someone is low on health, which, again, will usually be Chopper or Kanan.

Chopper taunts whenever possible and uses its cleanse whenever possible--save it for the Stormtrooper if they're still alive. Its basic is low damage, but you'll get a lot of them off if you've omega'd Chopper's unique and that more than makes up for the low damage.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The last battle is way OP’d. Tried different strategies and get wiped at the end. Blow through the first part easy. Not fun devs! Challenging is one thing but this is ridiculous
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Make sure you omega the uniques. That’s what did it for me, even without having to swap in my best mods.
  • Speed and use slap chop, throw it on auto and let them feed each other like they know how, passed first attempt
  • i cant beat it guys
    https://swgoh.gg/u/elessarturk/collection/?f=phoenix (Trying to chopper add gear)
    There are so many people (even in my guild) worse mods gears and skill level then me but they finished 7* . This is NOT RNG .

this is me as well, guys in my guild with worse mods and less gear levels on their phoenix characters have 7* thrawn, i've already spent hours trying to get this. i just don't get it!
  • I used a g10 ezra/ g9 chopper/ g8 kanan/ g8 zeb/ g8 hera and was able to clear t7. Everyone was still alive except kanan.
    Try to kill the death troopers and stun thrawn with zeb as often as possible. Kill the stormtrooper commander(healer) after deathtrooper. After that focus on thrawn
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Omegas on all the uniques seem to make all the difference, even more so than gear or mods.

Yeah, that's a big difference since they all share uniques through Hera's leadership ability. Definitely want all their uniques omega'ed.
    i cant beat it guys
    There are so many people (even in my guild) worst mods gears and skill level but they finished 7* . This is NOT RNG .

@NightwingTR They probably put arena mods on them and then swapped them back. Nobody is finishing this with all G7-8 and mediocre mods.

As far your squad, if you could get Sabine and Kanan up to G9, that would make a big difference. But as far as your mods:

-- I'd try to get all tier 5 mods on them, swap them from elsewhere and then swap back if you need to but you've got a few weaker mods on them
    -- Ezra: I'd go with a speed or offense set and then a tenacity set. He already gets enough crit chance from Sabine. His basic triggers more extra attacks if he has no debuffs so tenacity helps there. Also, get a tier 5 square mod on him (you only have a tier 2 mod and he needs all the offense you can give him) and get a triangle mod with crit damage primary on him (he gets a big crit chance boost from Sabine, take advantage of that)
    -- Hera: I'd get all health sets on her with some decent speed. You mainly just need to keep her alive so they can all share uniques. She'll already gain protection each turns thanks to Zeb's unique so get her base health up higher too.
    -- Sabine: I'd get rid of that tenacity set for a crit chance set. Then, you want primaries of protection for the circle, crit damage for the triangle and potency for the cross. Her unique gives a lot of crit chance and damage, take advantage of that and up it even more because she's a damage dealer. Potency for her AOE debuffs.
    -- Kanan: You need some health mods or a health set on him (keep that crit chance set on him though). You've modded him all for protection....he gets a lot of protection gain through Zeb already. On his unique, he recovers 25% health on a debuff...and as your main tank, he'll face the brunt of the debuffs. Get his health up so that 25% is a bigger gain when he gets debuffed.
    -- Zeb: Doesn't need speed or crit chance. I'd mod him with 2 health sets and 1 tenacity or defense set. Don't need a speed primary on the arrow mod...make that a health primary. Then put a potency primary on the cross mod. That gives you +24% potency. Your current mods have 1 potency set, which only gives +10% potency. You want more than that on Zeb because he's a debuffer and stunner.
    -- Chopper: You don't need him

• SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Athusk wrote: »
    Last time the event came out, I believe I read that G8 Phoenix was able to clear T7 of the event.

I left my Phoenix team at G8 and didn’t bother gearing (due to having other priorities).

Now that the Thrawn event is out, I get to Phase 4 no problem, but 1-3 of my toons get wiped before I get a chance to go...

• Athusk wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/137610/if-you-need-help-with-thrawn-event#latest
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Omegas on all the uniques seem to make all the difference, even more so than gear or mods.

Yeah, that's a big difference since they all share uniques through Hera's leadership ability. Definitely want all their uniques omega'ed.
    i cant beat it guys
    There are so many people (even in my guild) worst mods gears and skill level but they finished 7* . This is NOT RNG .

@NightwingTR They probably put arena mods on them and then swapped them back. Nobody is finishing this with all G7-8 and mediocre mods.

As far your squad, if you could get Sabine and Kanan up to G9, that would make a big difference. But as far as your mods:

-- I'd try to get all tier 5 mods on them, swap them from elsewhere and then swap back if you need to but you've got a few weaker mods on them
    -- Ezra: I'd go with a speed or offense set and then a tenacity set. He already gets enough crit chance from Sabine. His basic triggers more extra attacks if he has no debuffs so tenacity helps there. Also, get a tier 5 square mod on him (you only have a tier 2 mod and he needs all the offense you can give him) and get a triangle mod with crit damage primary on him (he gets a big crit chance boost from Sabine, take advantage of that)
    -- Hera: I'd get all health sets on her with some decent speed. You mainly just need to keep her alive so they can all share uniques. She'll already gain protection each turns thanks to Zeb's unique so get her base health up higher too.
    -- Sabine: I'd get rid of that tenacity set for a crit chance set. Then, you want primaries of protection for the circle, crit damage for the triangle and potency for the cross. Her unique gives a lot of crit chance and damage, take advantage of that and up it even more because she's a damage dealer. Potency for her AOE debuffs.
    -- Kanan: You need some health mods or a health set on him (keep that crit chance set on him though). You've modded him all for protection....he gets a lot of protection gain through Zeb already. On his unique, he recovers 25% health on a debuff...and as your main tank, he'll face the brunt of the debuffs. Get his health up so that 25% is a bigger gain when he gets debuffed.
    -- Zeb: Doesn't need speed or crit chance. I'd mod him with 2 health sets and 1 tenacity or defense set. Don't need a speed primary on the arrow mod...make that a health primary. Then put a potency primary on the cross mod. That gives you +24% potency. Your current mods have 1 potency set, which only gives +10% potency. You want more than that on Zeb because he's a debuffer and stunner.
    -- Chopper: You don't need him

I just enjoyed reading. Very good and smart advices. Many players have good mods but not right ones. I will also use it for me. Thx
  • Thank u guys i changed their mods ; took from my arena team and i'm finally beat it.
    @Vos_Landeck
  • Nightwing, did you need chopper, or was Sabine good enough?
  • Thank u guys i changed their mods ; took from my arena team and i'm finally beat it.
    @Vos_Landeck

@NightwingTR Congrats!! Glad you were able to beat it!
  • Westley996 wrote: »
    Nightwing, did you need chopper, or was Sabine good enough?

i used Hera Ezra Zeb Kanan Sabine . and 1st try i made it .

i couldnt try Chopper.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Westley996 wrote: »
    Nightwing, did you need chopper, or was Sabine good enough?

I'm not sure it matters. Chopper was useful. I also liked what Sabine brought. I'm probably the only one who did it without Ezra.
  • I’m using my area mods, omegad uniques, all lv85, gr8 and can’t beat it. Following attack plan
    There is a couple of guys in my guild that have Gr 7, not all unques omegad, and worse mods and have done it. This is not a challenge, this is not fun, this is. punishment for a character everyone needs.
  • Moosecloth wrote: »
    I’m using my area mods, omegad uniques, all lv85, gr8 and can’t beat it. Following attack plan
    There is a couple of guys in my guild that have Gr 7, not all unques omegad, and worse mods and have done it. This is not a challenge, this is not fun, this is. punishment for a character everyone needs.

Me FTW.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Moosecloth wrote: »
    I’m using my area mods, omegad uniques, all lv85, gr8 and can’t beat it. Following attack plan

If someone got it with that gear, they got very lucky RNG and probably had to run it several times to get that. Putting together a squad of G8 characters isn't that difficult though and not something that should entitle someone to a legendary character. If you can get Ezra, Sabine and Kanan to G9, you should be able to beat it....or your mods aren't good enough or the characters are modded wrong.
    Post edited by Vos_Landeck on
  • After countless retries, I managed to get to having Thrawn and 1 commander left. Hopefully I can get this done soon.
  • Svo
    62 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I tried 2 times and lost then I speeded up Ezra and Sabine to close to 200 and kanan I tanked out with lots of protection and hp and beat it with all characters standing...all are gear 10 level 79 and 80 with uniques level 7 not omega (no chopper)
    Post edited by Svo on
  • I didn't have PS strong enough to unlock Thrawn last time around so this time I also prepared. I managed to unlock him this time at 7* with Kanaan,Chopper, & Zeb at G8, Hera G9, and Ezra G10. Took me two tries (on last level) and I had to throw my arena mods (Ezra/hera with ~200spd) onto the team in order to make them strong enough. RNG did play a part, but its doable. More importantly the difficulty is just right- not too hard but hard enough that completing the mission was rewarding. I can safely say that based off of all the preparation videos I watched and my experiences in completing the challenge, the difficulty of the event had not changed from what was to be expected. It was fair and well balanced. The DT's with the buff have to go ASAP then drop the rest of Thrawn's protection detail.
  • Dread
    152 posts Member
    I have:
    -bad mods
    -G9 Sabine, G10 Ezra, G8 Zeb Hera Chopper

Took me 25+ tries. Just auto your way up to Wave 3, then battle and tries and save up your special abilities.

Wave 4 Kill order: DT, Healers, Stormtrooper, Thrawn