Guys, stop using Sabine.

Her damage is nice and all, but Chopper's utility is too valuable.

If you're banging your head against the wall in frustration because you die too fast, make the switch and feel the difference. You need to be able to break the Stormtrooper's taunt, you need a taunt to eat the Fracture, and you need healing. Sure, you get that from Ezra, Kanan, and Zeb, but you can also get all three with just Chopper. Doubling up on all those critical components gives you much more flexibility if the wrong person gets ability blocked.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, especially now that chopper throws random assists that can refresh cooldowns. You definitely can do it with Sabine, but expect you'll need g9/g10, or g8/g9 with great mods and really good rng (and solid tactics). Chopper lowers the gear curve a lot. People avoided farming him intentionally and are paying for it now.
  • Options
    Yeah, Chopper is very good, I never liked Sabine
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Lumovanis wrote: »
    Yeah, especially now that chopper throws random assists that can refresh cooldowns. You definitely can do it with Sabine, but expect you'll need g9/g10, or g8/g9 with great mods and really good rng (and solid tactics). Chopper lowers the gear curve a lot. People avoided farming him intentionally and are paying for it now.

Nope, did it fairly easy with Sabine, all g8, only Ezra had decent speed mods, Hera had ok speed mods and yeah that's pretty much it.
  • Options
    I have to use Sabine - I don't have chopper :(
  • Options
    Lumovanis wrote: »

Nope, did it fairly easy with Sabine, all g8, only Ezra had decent speed mods, Hera had ok speed mods and yeah that's pretty much it.

Same here. My Phoenix guys had my arena mods, but they weren't anything special. None of their speed made it above 180... They were all G8, and I used Sabine as well. I think getting lucky damage in is probably what did it, and she definitely made that possible.
  • Options
    Chopper is the best taunter. Kanan is necessary for his counterattack, shared with the team, but in my team Chopper is infinitely better than him.
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sigh. I would use Chopper if I had him at 7* and properly geared. I don't. It's hard enough farming and leveling 5 phoenix characters. Had I know Chopper would've made this easier, I would have farmed him instead.

I've always had a plethora of Guild Tokens so Sabine was easy to farm. But Cantina points are scarce as F*** with me. I've always needed them for something else. Boba Fett, Qui-Gon Jinn, Poe Dameron, Hoth Scout (TB), First Order Officer (BB8), it's never ending.
  • Options
    agreed. I sat Sabine and used the rest all at G8 except Chop at G9 and was able to beat without losing anyone finally.
  • OMGILOVEBANANAS
    64 posts Member
    edited February 8
    Options
    (removed)
    Post edited by OMGILOVEBANANAS on
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Well I bloody manage to do it without chooper. Wow that was hard work.

Here are my mods / characters if it helps anyone else.

nK5MAw4.png
    j5sIj4s.png
    snBTk28.png
    vlD4A5j.png
    BaJZ97o.png
    U8BRcOT.png
    and the result
    j3PBoUM.png

Now to gear the blue skinned ****!
  • Options
    Sigh. I would use Chopper if I had him at 7* and properly geared. I don't. It's hard enough farming and leveling 5 phoenix characters. Had I know Chopper would've made this easier, I would have farmed him instead.

FWIW, someone in another thread showed the squad they used and while Chopper was 7* (naturally, since it's a requirement :P ) they only had Chopper at gear 6. So if you can get it up high enough before the end of the event, there's a good chance you're geared enough. You'd need to switch up strategy, though, and have Kanan be your main taunter so that you don't lose Chopper's Unique.

And the good news is that it does end eventually! I'm at 10/85 on Mob Enforcer, and once she's finished all that's left is the newly-added Cassian's U-Wing. It's taken forever, but, to be fair, I spent a couple months buying Ship Building Materials once ships were introduced. So it CAN be done! Good luck!
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

FWIW, someone in another thread showed the squad they used and while Chopper was 7* (naturally, since it's a requirement :P ) they only had Chopper at gear 6. So if you can get it up high enough before the end of the event, there's a good chance you're geared enough. You'd need to switch up strategy, though, and have Kanan be your main taunter so that you don't lose Chopper's Unique.

And the good news is that it does end eventually! I'm at 10/85 on Mob Enforcer, and once she's finished all that's left is the newly-added Cassian's U-Wing. It's taken forever, but, to be fair, I spent a couple months buying Ship Building Materials once ships were introduced. So it CAN be done! Good luck!

Is Chopper that much of a difference maker though? F*** me. It's hard enough leveling 5 of these phoenix characters. It took months of farming their shards to get to 7*, tens of millions of credits to level, hundreds of pieces of gear, god knows how many ability marks I've used. I"m running empty on everything. And now I need to get Chopper. F***

• Options

Is Chopper that much of a difference maker though? F*** me. It's hard enough leveling 5 of these phoenix characters. It took months of farming their shards to get to 7*, tens of millions of credits to level, hundreds of pieces of gear, god knows how many ability marks I've used. I"m running empty on everything. And now I need to get Chopper. F***
    Trust me, you won't regret it. Chopper is excellent. You'll use it for Thrawn, you'll use it for Territory Battles, Phoenix is even good for HAAT and its abilities will help ou out there as well. hopper comes up surprisingly frequently in our platoons--sure, they're randomized and so you might not have him come up that often, but he sure does for me!

I levelled and geared both Sabine and Chopper because I thought Sabine was going to be the right answer for the event. So I know how irriating it can be to have to do both. But I honestly have 0 regrets about it.
  • Options

Same situation here. So happy I'm not spending any money on this game.
  • Options
    Blasphemy!

I got Chopper ready just in case but I didn't use the little trash can. Beat it first try without using him.

Ezra and Sabine are beastly together. I have both at G10 and I will get Sabine to G11 just for kicks. Heck, she will even get my first LS Zeta.

I don't doubt that Chopper is good.

Just dropping my two cents :)