Thrawn event 7*

Prev1
Aplus
138 posts Member
It seems to me that everyone who farmed chopper instead of sabine gets to fly by the event with g8/7 while people with sabine can't finish with g9/10. Seems to be a big screw you by the devs to the players who farmed sabine :(

Replies

• Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Aplus wrote: »
    It seems to me that everyone who farmed chopper instead of sabine gets to fly by the event with g8/7 while people with sabine can't finish with g9/10. Seems to be a big **** by the devs to the players who farmed sabine :(

Me included xD
  • Aplus wrote: »
    It seems to me that everyone who farmed chopper instead of sabine gets to fly by the event with g8/7 while people with sabine can't finish with g9/10. Seems to be a big **** by the devs to the players who farmed sabine :(

Nah still can't even though I have chopper. It's all RNG
  • I have Chopper, all gear 8 decent mods, and the BEST I’ve done is killed one DT and got through the other’s protection. Gonna have to gear up/switch mods, but I’m digging that it’s very hard. Lots of events are too easy. This one is brutal, which is good.
    Go Pens!
  • Sabine's better than Chopper. You don't need 3 tanks.

Nah still can't even though I have chopper. It's all RNG

Only for low level characters. I didn't need rng. Just needed to figure out the strategy. Got it on the 4th try.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    CC1CWew.png
    RI9ULFj.png

Thts amazing! Mind sharing how you did the last phase? i.e who did you kill first or last?
  • I didnt farm ezra, having issues like crazy now trying to finish last wave.
    CC1CWew.png
    RI9ULFj.png

Thts amazing! Mind sharing how you did the last phase? i.e who did you kill first or last?

I even made a thread describing the whole process, unfortunately I edited too fast and it went for a review..

The first thing you need is Kanan and Ezra to be very close to 100% TM at the end of Stage 3. This way you can Taunt with Kanan as soon as possible and you can Dispel the Stormtrooper with Ezra. After that you focus on the DTs. Leave Thrawn for last.
  • I have chopper and struggling hard.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    CC1CWew.png
    RI9ULFj.png

I even made a thread describing the whole process, unfortunately I edited too fast and it went for a review..

The first thing you need is Kanan and Ezra to be very close to 100% TM at the end of Stage 3. This way you can Taunt with Kanan as soon as possible and you can Dispel the Stormtrooper with Ezra. After that you focus on the DTs. Leave Thrawn for last.

What about the healers?
    CC1CWew.png
    RI9ULFj.png

What about the healers?

After DTs you focus everybody else(excluding Thrawn, he is last).
  • Come on people. I did it first try with this group. It's not that hard. READ what the Phoenix abilities are and use them all.

ts9gwnN.png
  • Come on people. I did it first try with this group. It's not that hard. READ what the Phoenix abilities are and use them all.

ts9gwnN.png

Good for you. A lot of depends on RNG. It's a difficult event that took me several tries to get. A lot of it depends on who Thrawn fractures first. Zeb was critical for me.
  • Thiff
    40 posts Member

There were many many threads about squads for Thrawn event. You could have read them.

ts9gwnN.png

Good for you. A lot of depends on RNG. It's a difficult event that took me several tries to get. A lot of it depends on who Thrawn fractures first. Zeb was critical for me.

Didn't seem that difficult. Backup plan works even if fracture is up.

ts9gwnN.png

Again, RNG for you was graceful.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Don't understand all you whiners. You all want one of the best toons in the game handed to you. If you did any research you would have known g8 px would require very good rng and take many attempts.

ts9gwnN.png

Again, RNG for you was graceful.

RNG is an excuse. All these legendary events are tuned the same G7/G8 can clear. The only one that wasn't was the 1st time Yoda came and they changed it because it was to difficult.

• Morgoth_Lives
    310 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    My reaction to everyone complaining about RNG.

N2fEOxE.gif
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Well yes, a wrong fracture can mess you up, especially if you don't have Chopper, but to me it did not feel like the gear level made that big a difference. My potency mods for sure made a bigger difference than a gear level, and on my kill I had 4/5 up.
    Zeb really was mvp here, and using him well is the difference between being completely destroyed or neutralizing half of the enemy's potential to hurt you.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This is a challenging event. Anyone saying RNG doesn’t matter is either in top speed mods or is lying to get a rise out of people. What thrawn and deathtrooper do in first two turns is crucial. Knowing the kill order doesn’t affect that.

The rng makes that wave god tier or terribad and everything in between.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Bz183 wrote: »
    Don't understand all you whiners. You all want one of the best toons in the game handed to you. If you did any research you would have known g8 px would require very good rng and take many attempts.

Cool "told you so" post bro
  • My reaction to everyone complaining about RNG.

N2fEOxE.gif

I really wish you could fight this event again. You would be so much more thankful. You got INCREDIBLY lucky. This event is 100% RNG dependent. I went 23 battles without killing a single trooper in Wave 3, then beat the event easily.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member

N2fEOxE.gif
    Winstar wrote: »

Not really an "I told you so" more so an "I'm not lazy, and did a quick Google search to find out what was required to complete the event" post bro
  • Bz183 wrote: »

N2fEOxE.gif

Not really an "I told you so" more so an "I'm not lazy, and did a quick Google search to find out what was required to complete the event" post bro

lol pretty sure most understood what was required. The event simply got harder and RNG is huge. I beat it, so I'm good now but I'm not blind to the fact it's an RNG nightmare.
  • Yes! Just got him 7*! It was totally RNG dependent especially since I didn't want to move mods around so I just added some mods I got from my farming for speed secondaries for Poe and leveled them up to level 12 to see the secondaries. I think this was at least my 15th try today when I finally got it and it was all due to RNG.

I hit auto and basically just directed the hits as much as I could and finally got a good run where Thrawn didn't immediately fracture Zeb/Hera/Ezra and the auto actually used the dispels when I needed them. I kinda messed up going for the taunter stormtrooper rather than the healer but still managed to beat it with Zeb, Ezra, and Chopper standing which was really helpful because Thrawn fractured Zeb and I thought I was done but Chopper's taunts really helped keep Zeb alive so he and Ezra could double team Thrawn. Ezra's double hit on his basic really helped because that was what managed to kill Thrawn.

All of my Phoenix are g8 and only Ezra/Zeb at level 85 so it's doable at g8 and less than max level. Just keep plugging away and you should get RNGesus to smile down on you.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member

N2fEOxE.gif

lol pretty sure most understood what was required. The event simply got harder and RNG is huge. I beat it, so I'm good now but I'm not blind to the fact it's an RNG nightmare.

It should be an "rng nightmare" if you only invest the minimum.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member

It is half true... second half. First You need right mods and right strategy and then with good Rng and few tries it is possible. Rng and many tries is not enough and wont help if You dont have for example enough potency on Zeb.
  • Bz183 wrote: »

N2fEOxE.gif

It should be an "rng nightmare" if you only invest the minimum.

Hmmm so Zezra g10, Hera g10, kanan g9, Sabine g9, Zeb g8 is minimum? Interesting....whale fanboy