Is the thrawn event harder?

Rapid
421 posts Member
my phoenix are around level 80 gear 8 with zeb and kannens uniques. hera +115 speed. ezra +100 speed 216% crit damage.

I've read several guides and using smart strategy and not even managing to take the DT's out.

i'm not asking for help here as there's already threads for that.

quite simply, has the AI rework of thrawn made the event that much harder?

I feel like i'm miles away despite meeting requirements of many guides.

Replies

  • It's hard to evaluate because you can only do the event once. A lot of people are reporting doing it w g8 this time around but not having your team to lvl 85 is going to severely handicap you as there are penalties for level differences. If I remember right, they are lvl 88 in the final round.
  • Sure seems like it!
  • Did it without Kanan over and over and over until the moon, stars, sun and universe aligned and I was allowed to win easily. Unless your arena moded g11+ that's how you finish the event. Sometimes they just let your team live while you slowly chip away at them.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    It's hard to evaluate because you can only do the event once. A lot of people are reporting doing it w g8 this time around but not having your team to lvl 85 is going to severely handicap you as there are penalties for level differences. If I remember right, they are lvl 88 in the final round.

    what penalties are you talking of? there's no big difference between level 80 and level 85.
  • I believe it's very RNG based. A lot of my guild moved arena mods to beat tier 7. I beat it the first time in my main. But only tier 6 in my alt. This I beat it in my alt with G7/8 Phx with 5 dot mods with very little speed. Only Ezra was g9. It took me 2 attempts. Kill order is: Dispel taunt, stun/kill DT's, then trooper that heals, then storm trooper. Stun Thrawn with Zeb. Kill him with Ezra. I used Chopper instead of Sabine.
  • crzydroid
    6497 posts Moderator
    Rapid wrote: »
    It's hard to evaluate because you can only do the event once. A lot of people are reporting doing it w g8 this time around but not having your team to lvl 85 is going to severely handicap you as there are penalties for level differences. If I remember right, they are lvl 88 in the final round.

    what penalties are you talking of? there's no big difference between level 80 and level 85.

    I believe this person is speaking of the level delta parameter, which would add additional resist percentages to tenacity calculations and such.

    When you say Hera is +115 speed, are you saying you added that much from mods, such that her speed is something like 230? Or her speed is 115?

    Giving Zeb speed and potency is probably more helpful than Hera.
  • Did it without Kanan over and over and over until the moon, stars, sun and universe aligned and I was allowed to win easily. Unless your arena moded g11+ that's how you finish the event. Sometimes they just let your team live while you slowly chip away at them.
    Incorrect. I used garbage health set bonus mods (two speed arrows, admittedly, and a handful of protection primary circles) and won on the third try. Gear 8.

    Stop using Sabine.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MoBlaq
    552 posts Member
    I used Sabine and beat it on the 1st try
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    They said they fixed his AI for the event this time around but they didn't state what they fixed about it. But yes it is harder, they probably bumped up the difficulty due to zeta being available. Plus I'm tired of people who said they beat it with g8 last time. Last time it was alot different it's harder now
  • LenoraLupin
    420 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    HB0MBZ wrote: »
    They said they fixed his AI for the event this time around but they didn't state what they fixed about it. But yes it is harder, they probably bumped up the difficulty due to zeta being available. Plus I'm tired of people who said they beat it with g8 last time. Last time it was alot different it's harder now

    I beat it with g8 THIS time and this was my team https://swgoh.gg/u/lenoralupin/collection/?f=phoenix. I haven't touched them since I beat it, so those are all the mods that I used. Just try it again and again until you get the right rng. That's all I can offer.
  • HB0MBZ wrote: »
    They said they fixed his AI for the event this time around but they didn't state what they fixed about it. But yes it is harder, they probably bumped up the difficulty due to zeta being available. Plus I'm tired of people who said they beat it with g8 last time. Last time it was alot different it's harder now

    I beat it with g8 THIS time and this was my team https://swgoh.gg/u/lenoralupin/collection/?f=phoenix. I haven't touched them since I beat it, so those are all the mods that I used. Just try it again and again until you get the right rng. That's all I can offer.

    You beat it with THOSE mods?! And you didn't use Sabine right?

    That's impressive. Gives me hope for the next few days because I plan on putting much better mods on them to do it. I can't beat it now with chop and Zeb still at gear 7 but I'm working on that.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • HB0MBZ wrote: »
    They said they fixed his AI for the event this time around but they didn't state what they fixed about it. But yes it is harder, they probably bumped up the difficulty due to zeta being available. Plus I'm tired of people who said they beat it with g8 last time. Last time it was alot different it's harder now

    I beat it with g8 THIS time and this was my team https://swgoh.gg/u/lenoralupin/collection/?f=phoenix. I haven't touched them since I beat it, so those are all the mods that I used. Just try it again and again until you get the right rng. That's all I can offer.

    You beat it with THOSE mods?! And you didn't use Sabine right?

    That's impressive. Gives me hope for the next few days because I plan on putting much better mods on them to do it. I can't beat it now with chop and Zeb still at gear 7 but I'm working on that.

    Yep. I didn't actually realize Ezra still had the dodgy mods until after I beat it and was looking at him on swgoh.gg. I hadn't switched mods on him because I was hoping to get tier 3 of both the crit mod challenges done before Thrawn came back but I needed to farm Jawas so I still haven't beat them. xD And I totally didn't realize Hera still had a lvl 1 triangle mod until after either.

    Correct, didn't use Sabine because I knew from previous advice that Chopper was better for low gear characters.
  • I didn't have PS strong enough to unlock Thrawn last time around so this time I also prepared. I managed to unlock him this time at 7* with Kanaan,Chopper, & Zeb at G8, Hera G9, and Ezra G10. Took me two tries (on last level) and I had to throw my arena mods onto the team in order to make them strong enough. RNG did play a part, but its doable. More importantly the difficulty is just right- not too hard but hard enough that completing the mission was rewarding. I can safely say that based off of all the preparation videos I watched and my experiences in completing the challenge, the difficulty of the event had not changed from what was to be expected.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Did it without Kanan over and over and over until the moon, stars, sun and universe aligned and I was allowed to win easily. Unless your arena moded g11+ that's how you finish the event. Sometimes they just let your team live while you slowly chip away at them.
    Incorrect. I used garbage health set bonus mods (two speed arrows, admittedly, and a handful of protection primary circles) and won on the third try. Gear 8.

    Stop using Sabine.

    That's the whole point it doesn't matter what you use it can still be beat with any combination of Phoenix and nearly any gear/mods. I wasn't even close the first bunch of times I tried then all of the sudden the last time I did it they were not critical hitting or killing any Phoenix, allowing me to take them down slowly with ease.

    Lots of people are saying it's easy with whatever they put forth because they just got that lucky encounter quicker then others. When in fact you can do it without moving mods around or having the right team, you just have to wait for your RNG.
  • It is harder because after the first event when thrawns AI **** they fixed his AI so now it is actually more difficult than t was the first time
  • It is harder because after the first event when thrawns AI **** they fixed his AI so now it is actually more difficult than t was the first time
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Did it without Kanan over and over and over until the moon, stars, sun and universe aligned and I was allowed to win easily. Unless your arena moded g11+ that's how you finish the event. Sometimes they just let your team live while you slowly chip away at them.
    Incorrect. I used garbage health set bonus mods (two speed arrows, admittedly, and a handful of protection primary circles) and won on the third try. Gear 8.

    Stop using Sabine.

    That's the whole point it doesn't matter what you use it can still be beat with any combination of Phoenix and nearly any gear/mods. I wasn't even close the first bunch of times I tried then all of the sudden the last time I did it they were not critical hitting or killing any Phoenix, allowing me to take them down slowly with ease.

    Lots of people are saying it's easy with whatever they put forth because they just got that lucky encounter quicker then others. When in fact you can do it without moving mods around or having the right team, you just have to wait for your RNG.
    If it's pure RNG, then just autobattle the whole thing and come back every 5 minutes to restart until you get your good rolls.

    But it's not RNG. It's preparation, squad composition, strategy, and patience. Prepare by getting your folks to gear 8 and omega at least their uniques. Compose your squad by giving them mods that will increase their survivability so they won't be taken down in one shot, and to that end you want Chopper for its 15% protection up when hit without protection up to mitigate damage. Speed helps, but you don't need anything insane, my Ezra was 171 my Hera was 150. Find the strategy that works and stick with it--kill order, when to use what abilities, who should taunt and how to use non-attacks to keep them standing, don't rely on counterattacks, who Zeb should be staggering and dazing, etc. Finally be patient and understand that this isn't an arena fight with a clock. You don't win it by alpha striking one character and then leveraging the turns advantage that having 5 v 4 gives you. This battle is a grind and you win it by having more HP than your opponents--Zeb and Chopper will keep you in the game here, and Kanan and Hera can throw protection up/Backup Plan in an emergency. Just keep in mind that Chopper is Support, not a Tank, so if you use Ezra's assist on it, Chopper won't get bonus protection up. Kanan will, so have him assist Ezra while taunting.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Did it without Kanan over and over and over until the moon, stars, sun and universe aligned and I was allowed to win easily. Unless your arena moded g11+ that's how you finish the event. Sometimes they just let your team live while you slowly chip away at them.
    Incorrect. I used garbage health set bonus mods (two speed arrows, admittedly, and a handful of protection primary circles) and won on the third try. Gear 8.

    Stop using Sabine.

    That's the whole point it doesn't matter what you use it can still be beat with any combination of Phoenix and nearly any gear/mods. I wasn't even close the first bunch of times I tried then all of the sudden the last time I did it they were not critical hitting or killing any Phoenix, allowing me to take them down slowly with ease.

    Lots of people are saying it's easy with whatever they put forth because they just got that lucky encounter quicker then others. When in fact you can do it without moving mods around or having the right team, you just have to wait for your RNG.
    If it's pure RNG, then just autobattle the whole thing and come back every 5 minutes to restart until you get your good rolls.

    But it's not RNG. It's preparation, squad composition, strategy, and patience. Prepare by getting your folks to gear 8 and omega at least their uniques. Compose your squad by giving them mods that will increase their survivability so they won't be taken down in one shot, and to that end you want Chopper for its 15% protection up when hit without protection up to mitigate damage. Speed helps, but you don't need anything insane, my Ezra was 171 my Hera was 150. Find the strategy that works and stick with it--kill order, when to use what abilities, who should taunt and how to use non-attacks to keep them standing, don't rely on counterattacks, who Zeb should be staggering and dazing, etc. Finally be patient and understand that this isn't an arena fight with a clock. You don't win it by alpha striking one character and then leveraging the turns advantage that having 5 v 4 gives you. This battle is a grind and you win it by having more HP than your opponents--Zeb and Chopper will keep you in the game here, and Kanan and Hera can throw protection up/Backup Plan in an emergency. Just keep in mind that Chopper is Support, not a Tank, so if you use Ezra's assist on it, Chopper won't get bonus protection up. Kanan will, so have him assist Ezra while taunting.

    Sure all those things can make it take you less time to pass it, but the point here is it's passable with anything. A point in which you seem to not grasp somehow. I don't know how to make it clear to a person who seems to like to start pointless arguments.

    People shouldn't be told that certain ways are the only way to do it, and only those ways work. It's any which way you go about it eventually you will pass it if you just turn on a movie and repeat the **** thing till it lets you win. So please stop trying to discourage people so they don't give up and end up with a 6* Thrawn. I would also appreciate it if you did't reply to this since your kind of annoying and don't seem to understand things properly.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Did it without Kanan over and over and over until the moon, stars, sun and universe aligned and I was allowed to win easily. Unless your arena moded g11+ that's how you finish the event. Sometimes they just let your team live while you slowly chip away at them.
    Incorrect. I used garbage health set bonus mods (two speed arrows, admittedly, and a handful of protection primary circles) and won on the third try. Gear 8.

    Stop using Sabine.

    That's the whole point it doesn't matter what you use it can still be beat with any combination of Phoenix and nearly any gear/mods. I wasn't even close the first bunch of times I tried then all of the sudden the last time I did it they were not critical hitting or killing any Phoenix, allowing me to take them down slowly with ease.

    Lots of people are saying it's easy with whatever they put forth because they just got that lucky encounter quicker then others. When in fact you can do it without moving mods around or having the right team, you just have to wait for your RNG.
    If it's pure RNG, then just autobattle the whole thing and come back every 5 minutes to restart until you get your good rolls.

    But it's not RNG. It's preparation, squad composition, strategy, and patience. Prepare by getting your folks to gear 8 and omega at least their uniques. Compose your squad by giving them mods that will increase their survivability so they won't be taken down in one shot, and to that end you want Chopper for its 15% protection up when hit without protection up to mitigate damage. Speed helps, but you don't need anything insane, my Ezra was 171 my Hera was 150. Find the strategy that works and stick with it--kill order, when to use what abilities, who should taunt and how to use non-attacks to keep them standing, don't rely on counterattacks, who Zeb should be staggering and dazing, etc. Finally be patient and understand that this isn't an arena fight with a clock. You don't win it by alpha striking one character and then leveraging the turns advantage that having 5 v 4 gives you. This battle is a grind and you win it by having more HP than your opponents--Zeb and Chopper will keep you in the game here, and Kanan and Hera can throw protection up/Backup Plan in an emergency. Just keep in mind that Chopper is Support, not a Tank, so if you use Ezra's assist on it, Chopper won't get bonus protection up. Kanan will, so have him assist Ezra while taunting.

    Sure all those things can make it take you less time to pass it, but the point here is it's passable with anything. A point in which you seem to not grasp somehow. I don't know how to make it clear to a person who seems to like to start pointless arguments.

    People shouldn't be told that certain ways are the only way to do it, and only those ways work. It's any which way you go about it eventually you will pass it if you just turn on a movie and repeat the **** thing till it lets you win. So please stop trying to discourage people so they don't give up and end up with a 6* Thrawn. I would also appreciate it if you did't reply to this since your kind of annoying and don't seem to understand things properly.

    I'm discouraging people so they won't give up? What kind of bizarre moon logic are you talking about here?

    What I'm saying is that this event is challenging, but beatable. People are making it hard on themselves by picking a suboptimal team that they put together ahead of time based on feedback from the last time the event was run, when an awful lot of people didn't even bother using the character that they had already pre-decided was garbage awful trash tier. Months ago players made a mistake, now a whole lot of people are repeating it and getting mad because they're trying to mash a square peg into a round hole. It's entirely possible to do that with sufficient force (ie: Ridiculously high gear and +100 speed from mods, etc) but you could always just try to fit the round peg in there instead.

    There's folks saying that this whole thing is broken and busted and a cash grab and blah, blah, blah, and I'm pushing back against that. There are literally folks who have claimed that anyone saying you can do this at g8 are lying, despite being shown multiple screenshots showing otherwise.

    Far from trying to discourage people, I'm showing folks that this thing is doable and just keep at it. Don't demand they lower the bar so you can get it done, just do it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Did it without Kanan over and over and over until the moon, stars, sun and universe aligned and I was allowed to win easily. Unless your arena moded g11+ that's how you finish the event. Sometimes they just let your team live while you slowly chip away at them.
    Incorrect. I used garbage health set bonus mods (two speed arrows, admittedly, and a handful of protection primary circles) and won on the third try. Gear 8.

    Stop using Sabine.

    That's the whole point it doesn't matter what you use it can still be beat with any combination of Phoenix and nearly any gear/mods. I wasn't even close the first bunch of times I tried then all of the sudden the last time I did it they were not critical hitting or killing any Phoenix, allowing me to take them down slowly with ease.

    Lots of people are saying it's easy with whatever they put forth because they just got that lucky encounter quicker then others. When in fact you can do it without moving mods around or having the right team, you just have to wait for your RNG.
    If it's pure RNG, then just autobattle the whole thing and come back every 5 minutes to restart until you get your good rolls.

    But it's not RNG. It's preparation, squad composition, strategy, and patience. Prepare by getting your folks to gear 8 and omega at least their uniques. Compose your squad by giving them mods that will increase their survivability so they won't be taken down in one shot, and to that end you want Chopper for its 15% protection up when hit without protection up to mitigate damage. Speed helps, but you don't need anything insane, my Ezra was 171 my Hera was 150. Find the strategy that works and stick with it--kill order, when to use what abilities, who should taunt and how to use non-attacks to keep them standing, don't rely on counterattacks, who Zeb should be staggering and dazing, etc. Finally be patient and understand that this isn't an arena fight with a clock. You don't win it by alpha striking one character and then leveraging the turns advantage that having 5 v 4 gives you. This battle is a grind and you win it by having more HP than your opponents--Zeb and Chopper will keep you in the game here, and Kanan and Hera can throw protection up/Backup Plan in an emergency. Just keep in mind that Chopper is Support, not a Tank, so if you use Ezra's assist on it, Chopper won't get bonus protection up. Kanan will, so have him assist Ezra while taunting.

    Sure all those things can make it take you less time to pass it, but the point here is it's passable with anything. A point in which you seem to not grasp somehow. I don't know how to make it clear to a person who seems to like to start pointless arguments.

    People shouldn't be told that certain ways are the only way to do it, and only those ways work. It's any which way you go about it eventually you will pass it if you just turn on a movie and repeat the **** thing till it lets you win. So please stop trying to discourage people so they don't give up and end up with a 6* Thrawn. I would also appreciate it if you did't reply to this since your kind of annoying and don't seem to understand things properly.

    I'm discouraging people so they won't give up? What kind of bizarre moon logic are you talking about here?

    What I'm saying is that this event is challenging, but beatable. People are making it hard on themselves by picking a suboptimal team that they put together ahead of time based on feedback from the last time the event was run, when an awful lot of people didn't even bother using the character that they had already pre-decided was garbage awful trash tier. Months ago players made a mistake, now a whole lot of people are repeating it and getting mad because they're trying to mash a square peg into a round hole. It's entirely possible to do that with sufficient force (ie: Ridiculously high gear and +100 speed from mods, etc) but you could always just try to fit the round peg in there instead.

    There's folks saying that this whole thing is broken and busted and a cash grab and blah, blah, blah, and I'm pushing back against that. There are literally folks who have claimed that anyone saying you can do this at g8 are lying, despite being shown multiple screenshots showing otherwise.

    Far from trying to discourage people, I'm showing folks that this thing is doable and just keep at it. Don't demand they lower the bar so you can get it done, just do it.

    You have to understand people have what they have at this point, and in like my situation there not going to take a 3* Kanan and magically make him 7* before the event was over. Or whatever the issue they think they have that they think they can't beat it may be.

    It seems like we are arguing the same point in different ways so any further reply would just be for argumentative sake.
Sign In or Register to comment.