Do you think a 5* chimaera will be better than a 7* executrix?

Prev134
There is a small chance to unlock chimaera but I don't know if I should stop my farming to focus on it or wait a few months to get it at 7*.

Replies

• A lot of the damage is % based, so that part won't matter. There are basically going to be 2 disadvantages. 1) Speed. I don't know what the speed of 5* will be. That's going to be a huge factor. 2) Reinforcement numbers. 5 star will be 2 reinforcements short. So you have a huge disadvantage in long battles. A Defensive Mace team that can absorb a punch and throw out a lot of reinforcements will be really tough. Plus your power will be much lower, which may make you a target in arena.
  • Another thing to factor in is whether you have the 700 prestige to level the abilities. Nobody knows how well it will do in fleet arena.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I don’t want to go up against a ship that has a one shot instakill attack that also removes 40% health of the rest of the enemy team while restoring the health of his team.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I don’t want to go up against a ship that has a one shot instakill attack.

Then don't fight Tarkin either. Or Nihilus in regular Arena or GW. Every toon has a counter and a defense, it's up to you to find it and use it.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I have survived many of Tarkin’s special attacks, as have my enemies. But as with Nihilus, there is no counter to an instakill. Although Annihilate doesn’t do all of the other stuff I mentioned, as if an instakill weren’t enough, lol.
  • I'd say it's all about what ships you use with it. For example, Vader, Boba, and Fives can effectively destroy the entire enemy team before they can do anything about it. Get target lock on 4-5, then unleash the AOE and they won't get a chance to reinforce, especially if you also use Thrawn's AOE in that time. So the reinforcement disadvantage can be countered.

In general, I'd say Thrawn's ship has a lot more utility than Tarkin's, so it's probably gonna be slightly better.
  • @Bulldog1205 5* is capable of holding 3 reinforcements, so it will be just 1 short.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Unless they are up against one of the 7* ships, which will now have five.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I don’t want to go up against a ship that has a one shot instakill attack that also removes 40% health of the rest of the enemy team while restoring the health of his team.

Somehow that seems less scary to me than Tarkin's TIE strike - which is basically a OHKO if you have 3 or fewer ships and sometimes even if you have 4 or 5 not at max health.
  • I'd say it's all about what ships you use with it. For example, Vader, Boba, and Fives can effectively destroy the entire enemy team before they can do anything about it. Get target lock on 4-5, then unleash the AOE and they won't get a chance to reinforce, especially if you also use Thrawn's AOE in that time. So the reinforcement disadvantage can be countered.

In general, I'd say Thrawn's ship has a lot more utility than Tarkin's, so it's probably gonna be slightly better.

It's going to depend on the speed of Thrawn vs. Tarkin as well, and the OP is asking about 5* Chimera vs. 7* Executrix. Unless they make Thrawn's ship really fast, I'd think a 5* Chimera will be a good deal slower than 7* Executrix.
  • Actually GG has stats up and Chimera is at 153 speed max vs. Tarkin 171
  • Actually GG has stats up and Chimera is at 153 speed max vs. Tarkin 171

Thanks. That's useful info!
  • Omeah wrote: »
    Some might argue a 5* Executrix is better than 7* Chimaera. I mean, just because it's legendary, the Executrix still looks solid and possibly better.

Yeah I think the jury is out until tomorrow, I get the feeling having chimera won't matter and exec will be just as good
  • dad2my3 wrote: »

Somehow that seems less scary to me than Tarkin's TIE strike - which is basically a OHKO if you have 3 or fewer ships and sometimes even if you have 4 or 5 not at max health.

Yeap. Chimera can increase CD duration, but one turn after you are dead :/
  • @Bulldog1205 5* is capable of holding 3 reinforcements, so it will be just 1 short.

Really? I thought that unlocked at 5*. So what star do the reinforcements unlock?
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Tarkins ultimate is better, and his reinforcement buff is better, but everything else about Thrawn is better. I don't think Tarkin will be able to get to that ultimate.
  • “You may fire when ready commander”
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    honestly, I think Endurance is probably the best ship
  • Tothebar
    120 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Honestly I agree. Endurance is the biggest pain for me. All that turn meter and damage immunity really screws things up
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator

But it doesn't get to that turn because the survining ships besides the annihilated one take 40% health damage, while Chimaera's ships all get healed.

I think the question here is, does a forth reinforcement drag the battle out long enough for Tarkin's ultimate to happen? Can they even get to the fourth reinforcement before defeat?

Obviously there's not experience with Chimaera in arena yet, but I don't know if 7* will make much more than a small percentage difference over 6. As someone said, speed may be the most determinant factor.
  • By experience, the new stuff they introduce that is not tied to a rework are, more likely, to be better than the base content.
  • Tarkin dosen’t KO all the ships everytime...
  • crzydroid wrote: »

But it doesn't get to that turn because the survining ships besides the annihilated one take 40% health damage, while Chimaera's ships all get healed.

I think the question here is, does a forth reinforcement drag the battle out long enough for Tarkin's ultimate to happen? Can they even get to the fourth reinforcement before defeat?

Obviously there's not experience with Chimaera in arena yet, but I don't know if 7* will make much more than a small percentage difference over 6. As someone said, speed may be the most determinant factor.

Looks like stars don't impact speed. I don't have the ability mats to upgrade mine all the way, but I absolutely plan to switch to him
  • Stars impact speed.
  • Depends if you have a G11 Thrawn. If you do then putting off your enemy's ultimate for an additional turn as well as pretty much guaranteeing yours goes first ought to be giving you the win if you're even vaguely compatible. With a G10 Thrawn though you're on a 5 cooldown and are probably slower - so you better be able to win quickly.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Depends if you have a G11 Thrawn. If you do then putting off your enemy's ultimate for an additional turn as well as pretty much guaranteeing yours goes first ought to be giving you the win if you're even vaguely compatible. With a G10 Thrawn though you're on a 5 cooldown and are probably slower - so you better be able to win quickly.
    From all I heard you seldom get to use the ultimate on offense even on maxed ability lvl. Pretty much the same as in Tarkin fights on offense then.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Having thrawn s ultimate ability to a cool down of 4 will be a must. As well as having tie reapers unique active. Then goodnight tarkin
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    IMO, a lot will depend on your shard. My ship shard is competitive but not filled with too many uber whales so its pretty easy for me to navigate into the Top 4 on a daily basis.

Some guild mates are in ship shards that reportedly are very competitive with many whales and its harder for them.

So the key is will you be able to compete to get into the Top 20 of your shard or will you be facing a bunch of OP fleets making dumping the resources necessary to get a 5 star or 7 star Chimaera irrelevant?
  • The question is only one, can Chimaera reach it's 4th turn before Executrix 5th?

If yes then u might beat Tarkin.
  • @rawman yes most fights are over by the fourth round which is why I don't care about the reinforcements. Started today with me in 7th and two spenders at 5th and 6th with 7* Execs - they've both already been hit once (in preference to me which seems odd) so the xtra reinforcement certainly hasn't helped them much.

So it's really about defence and whether Chimera lets you hit harder (possibly, Tarks' basic and mass attack are pretty meh) and maybe turn around the odd fight on round 4.