The wars to come...

So we've got LS TB that's currently lasting 6 days.
We've got DS TB coming (likely) before the end of the year. I'm assuming, for now, this will also last 6 days.
We've got Territory Wars (GvG) coming as well. From the initial screenshot looks like it could be 4 days:62u077qivdvo.png

This is not a complaint thread, this is a logistics thread.

Are these meant to run in rotation? All over the same days potentially?

All 3 potentially over the same days seems problematic to me. So if it runs in rotation, maybe it's time we let go of the full day per phase and stop worrying as much about how many stars we get in each TB since the rewards still feel a bit light for the amount of work/time TB's are taking anyhow. And, if they're running in rotation at 3 days a piece with a day off between, the amount of rewards will increase which would be fantastic. At 6 days, they are feeling light to much of the community, at 3 days, I bet they feel a lot more on point. We've got at least a month before the DS TB drops, so we've got that much time to lock in our best practices and get everyone in the guild on the same page with what we do in each phase.
I've been a staunch 24 hours per phase proponent, but with all this content coming in (which I'm very excited about!), I'm understanding why they intended TB's to only run 3 days initially. Feels like 3 days of the LS TB, 1 day off, 3 days of the DS TB, 1 day off before cycle repeats with a GvG battle happening in that same 1 week timeframe (say it starts 2nd or 3rd day of the LS and ends 1st or 2nd day of the DS) is pretty perfect. Any more than that is a lot to do, any less feels too spread out for the rewards we'd earn.

So then there's this other part of adding a DS TB...
There are currently 76 LS characters.
There are currently only 53 DS characters. Soon to be 56 with the new Nightsisters.
Guessing (like they did when introducing the LS TB) they'll add another 2-4 DS toons with the DS TB launch so that would bring it to around 60.
They've already hinted that nothing will change from LS to DS, that it would just be a mirror of the LS TB - up to 4 CM's per phase with the same platoon requirements. Which leaves us a much thinner margin of error on both platoon fills and CM squad's being strong enough to get through 6 waves of REBELS. And we all know how strong Chaze/Wiggs/CLS/R2 etc are. This DS TB... not going to be easy.

I know devs can't speak to most of my hypothesizing, but if we could get an idea of the cadence they had in mind, that would be a big help and either ease a ton of concern, or light up the boards with the kind of feedback that turned LS TB's from 3-6 days to begin with. Either way, helpful dialogues we're going to need to have sooner or later.
@CG_Kozispoon - Is there anything regarding the cadence of these events you're able to speak to at this point?

Replies

• I'd prefer the 3 events to run in sequence. Each taking 3 days with a day off in between
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Excellent post. Lots of logistics to be worked out for guilds coming up and we literally have zero in-game tools to manage them.

I love the new content but I’m anxious to see how officers and leaders will manage it.
  • No, keep 24 h period, with 12 h period it will not only mske coordination worse, but especiali it eill force anyone with 12h workday to basicali skip halt of tb, which is not ideal.
    But yeah, i will like to have rotating ls/ds/ls vs ds.
    Abd for rewards, mayby you missed that, that reason for increase of rewards from tb was because they m
    aked them 10 days runtime.
    Reduce run time to 3 days and you will get 1/3 of current rewards.
  • DS TB needs to happen soon. It's been so many months and months of lightside everything. ALL new LS characters en masse like a never ending avalanche of goody goodies. I didn't build such a strong darkside collection because I expected to have it be essentially worthless for so long. Lightside gets all the love with both Raids, Legendary Unlocks, and game genie new meta. DS fan players exist CG, don't forget us. And for the love of all things Star Wars, please stop making legendary stuff so overwhelmingly lightside accessed. Rebels unlock EP, THRAWN, CLS, and Chimera, jedi unlock a Yoda. Empire unlocks R2, FO unlocks BB8. Sith need one too, Jedi get Jedi, Sith should get a Sith such as Bane or REVAN.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    CLS is not a legendary, it's a different format. Yoda was the first legendary and they may not have decided on the pattern yet. Since then, every legendary has been unlocked by the opposite side. I would expect this trend to continue.
  • Then give us a non legendary SITH. Whatever, just not lightside unlocking the majority