How am I supposed to beat GW?

This is just absolutely ridiculous (all fully zeta'd as well):

4AX5LVN.jpg

I'm not a whale but I'm not F2P either but this squad just destroys me. The previous nodes aren't much better but I was at least able to throw enough characters at them to whittle them down and beat them.

I can't believe that still, after all this time, they still refuse to properly balance GW.

Replies

• Options
    Try to farm resistance team with Finn ( zeta) lead. Gear level 8 / 9 will easy beat this team.
  • Options
    *shrug* You're not supposed to be able to beat all 12 nodes of GW every day. Otherwise you could just sim it and get the rewards. There have been days I've gotten to node 12, saw the team, gave it one try, lost, shrugged my shoulders, and called it a day.

And there have been days with an overpowered node 12 that I still won.

GW is the only real challenge in the game. I wouldn't want to see it made easier.
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    why people even say it? this "you not able to beat GW all the time."
    the OP is clearly want to, and he wanna be competitive, so for, him, being able to beat GW all the time is MUST.
    To the OP : maybe share with us your arena team, your GW team ?
    because at the moment, it seems like whine post, and not asking for tactics or help. you are asking to beat the #1 meta team, but dont give us any info about yourself, so as long as we care, you just cant.
  • Nedus
    91 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance is the key for gw. It is a certainty
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Can we please stop all those complaints about being run over by cars while you walk in the middle of the street when everyone’s been telling you there is a perfectly safe sidewalk (zfinn resistance team) to walk on for months but you refuse to?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Take your 5 heroes that have a cumulative "stat power" (click one of your characters in you profile on swgoh dot gg, see top right under "power" stat) roughly above like 50k-55k ish and attack node 1 in gw with those five. (I used cls, zzr2, zraid han, and think kylo and vader).

Then proceed to play out the rest of the nodes with whatever squads. You'll get your broken node 12 back or finally start getting it if you are a noob. You only need to do this once and you should have the broken node every gw moving forward for the time being.

I lost my broken node when cls was introduced (not sure how i broke it the first time but it lasted like 6+ months) to the game but this method brought it back when I tried it about two weeks ago. Node 6,9,11 will still be difficult in general and not a solution to the imbalance but it's one less nasty node to deal with.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I’ve managed to beat this team several times as f2p (granted i’ve played since december 2015). It’s hard but doable. Key for me is having 3 or 4 teams with turn meter loaded. And i don’t use resistance, so it’s even doable without them.
  • Options
    This is just absolutely ridiculous (all fully zeta'd as well):

4AX5LVN.jpg

I'm not a whale but I'm not F2P either but this squad just destroys me. The previous nodes aren't much better but I was at least able to throw enough characters at them to whittle them down and beat them.

I can't believe that still, after all this time, they still refuse to properly balance GW.

How to beat that ? Simply, spend 1500 usd on game for crystals, mods, shards..etc and then game eill pop up another ubbeatable sqad in 2 days :)
  • Options
    Try to farm resistance team with Finn ( zeta) lead. Gear level 8 / 9 will easy beat this team.

Rly ? I hsve zeta finn and g10/11 ans still unable to defeat this gold sqad or similiar gold sqad, so any working idea ?
  • Options
    Czertik wrote: »

Rly ? I hsve zeta finn and g10/11 ans still unable to defeat this gold sqad or similiar gold sqad, so any working idea ?

You have to build up a little TM on an earlier node. I suggest you use Resistance the whole way through, or use them on the first node (make sure the battle ends with Poe at more than half TM, preferably full TM, and all CDs reset). Resistance beats any squad. I just faced a G12 squad of Rex, CLS, Thrawn, GK and R2 on node 11. I get multiple gold squads every day. Resistance has always carried me through them when my own G12 CLS squad could not.
  • Options
    I hate gw. So tired of fighting the same god **** teams 3 to 4 times.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Czertik wrote: »

The key is how you end the last node. Trying to finish off each node by popping exposes on the last person will get you good turn meter for your entire team going into the next node. If it doesn't work out (e.g., you are going to finish the node with Poe's basic, or with Poe on cooldown) then retreat and do the node differently until you get it right. At 100% TM you can even win the coin flip to go before Han Solo and prevent him from ever getting a turn. Get buff immunity on Kenobi. Use R2's stealth to avoid counters. Until you get going/get people stunned, try to hit Kenobi and Thrawn to avoid giving CLS TM.

I fight this and similar teams in GW with resistance daily. Sometimes it requires backing out and changing things up to get better RNG, but it is absolutely doable.