STR challenge

Can this please be fixed. You obviously know we need an obscene amount of mkiii carbonti pieces and this challenge basically drops just 3. It says it can drop up to 7 but we both know that's bull. There are multiple threads on this, so you must be aware it's annoying your customer base. Please remedy this annoying lack of a crucial component. God knows there are still a million other pieces we need so this abysmal drop rate isn't necessary.

Replies

• Options
    +1 I'm sick of seeing everyone needing like three or four carbontis and having to wait to get them
  • Options
    For me it's more about truth in advertising.

While, yes, Mk3 Carbanti salvage are needed in huge numbers and easing this might make sense, it's frustratingly odd that some gear drops the maximum almost every time, other gear drops it less than half the time, but still regularly (Mk4 Keyboards, for instance), and then the Carbanti drops 7 so rarely I don't know that it's ever happened to me (though I admit that I don't pay attention to the rewards every single time, like if I'm rushing to sim challenges and get in some Arena battles before midnight).

If they put in an average as well as a max, and the average accurately represented what we could reasonably expect to get, then I wouldn't have a problem with slapping an unrealistic max number on there that players might only get one time in 500 (or less). But the Carbanti is an outlier right now, with the max number for the Carbanti salvage not representing the same thing that the max on Mk4 Keyboards represents. This creates confusion, unreasonable expectation, and then disappointment when expectations are not met.

If you said that the average was one per Challenge attempt, people would be happy that they're getting better than the stated average if the challenge just returned the exact numbers it does now (which is far more than 1/attempt). It really is all in how you portray this information to your fan base. Numbers that are accurate-to-conservative create happier players than numbers that are unrealistically inflated. The happiness you get for one drop of 7 doesn't make up for the disappointment of going 50 challenges in a row without dropping the max, and most people will go more than 50 challenges in a row between 7-drops.

Why do this to your fans? Provide good, accurate information that includes needed context. If some max numbers are meant to drop all the time, then perhaps if you choose one or two gear pieces to have a very different max drop rate, list it differently.

Perhaps the Carbantis could be listed as having a max of 4, then in parentheses mention the possibility of getting 7. Something like:
    4 (Rare Bonus: + 1-3)

would work well.

Of course most people would prefer that you simply increase the number of Carbantis dropped - and I don't oppose that plan - but if for game design reasons you feel a need to keep the number as is, you can still do things to affect player happiness in the right direction just by providing better information.