GW Match Making

Hi All,

Ive seen a lot of claims that someone in reddit says the matchmaking is based on the highest arena ranking.. Is this true?

Im not sure if theres any explaination as of today on how the matchmaking is set.. Sometime in not 4/5 I faced lvl 70 team with decent characaters, and then the nodes after that a lvl 59 team comes in.. Im lvl 65 btw, with arena ranking usually around 100.. Some times it a continuous lvl 70 in the middle, and i am not able to go through it.. sometimes it a bit too easy..
Is it really that random?

Replies

• WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am hoping to see some concrete answer to this from the devs.
  • I consistently get far harder matches than friends that are higher level that I am. I am higher pvp rate than all of them so it would make sense to me if this was the case.

Whatever it is, it has completely ruined GW for me. I face teams with 3, 4 or 5 fights left that are so strong I can't even wear them down
    They 1-2 shot my characters.
  • Xaylin wrote: »
    I consistently get far harder matches than friends that are higher level that I am. I am higher pvp rate than all of them so it would make sense to me if this was the case.

Whatever it is, it has completely ruined GW for me. I face teams with 3, 4 or 5 fights left that are so strong I can't even wear them down

How many galactic tokens do you get per day on average?
  • First of all, I understand if the GW is a bit harder compared to pre-'update', but it shouldn’t be impossible.. Sometimes it gets impossible.. If the final 2-3 nodes is 3-5 level higher than you then yeah, to me its acceptable and a good challenge.. But even in the middle they are 5 levels higher than you, and its continuous then its a bit overwhelming..

Whatever it is, at least an explaination would be great.. not necessarily calling for a change.. could you enlighten us, @EA_Jesse :)
  • Hello everyone,
    I understand that everyone has a complaint about GW and it's insane difficulty but we are going the wrong way about seeking a resolution. I would like to remind people what a GW victory and GW give people.
    1. It's the single biggest pay-out in credits from anywhere else in the game.
    2. Tokens come in at 1200 in a full clear compared to its others that's much more.
    3. MK I-II mats can be found very rare otherwise.

So how do, we the people, offer a solution/fix for the issue (if any) at hand to make galactic war more achievable by more players? I certainly would love to see less difficult opponents but maybe 3 more nodes for counter balance?
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Xaylin wrote: »
    I consistently get far harder matches than friends that are higher level that I am. I am higher pvp rate than all of them so it would make sense to me if this was the case.

How many galactic tokens do you get per day on average?

400 maybe 500? The biggest problem is it has also severely crippled my credit situation. I wouldn't care that much if I never got more than 400 tokens if they added a reasonable credit source other than crystals. I was finishing 9 out of 10 perchange and the ones I failed were bad luck or I got busy
  • I've still yet to beat a GW. I normally get half way till this week I haven't got but quarter of the way through. I'm ranked 250ish and highest I've been is 120ish. Won 3 battles today the forth battle was an Droid team all 7 star gear lvl 7 and 8s.
  • Perfect example of what happens to me is my current GW. Battle 6, i cannot find any way to get past it that wouldnt completly cripple my ability to continue. Their team is all 4 levels above mine and higher total stars.
  • MrPsyche
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    GW now feels like those awful jobs that are hard to get outa bed for. Way too much work for so little in return (or almost nothing if you get the WALL).

I think adding a HARD GW mode and bumping the Shard drops x2 or something...then make the regular GW like it was b4.

Or letting us use idk 25 sim tickets (outa the 1,400 i have) to pass one node and refresh cooldowns...something

Whats the point of a game (especially with people paying), thats more work than reward?
  • In reality I really wouldn't have a problem with the current GW staying as is if they increased the credits from normal missions or provided another way to farm them. Consider the fact that Squad cantina very likely ends up being much less work per shard (specific availability aside) then GW so I don't think slowing down the amount that of shards available from GW is really a valid argument given the fact that most people won't buy more than 5 of one per day now that they changed the reset cost to gems.
  • Hello everyone,
    I understand that everyone has a complaint about GW and it's insane difficulty but we are going the wrong way about seeking a resolution. I would like to remind people what a GW victory and GW give people.
    1. It's the single biggest pay-out in credits from anywhere else in the game.
    2. Tokens come in at 1200 in a full clear compared to its others that's much more.
    3. MK I-II mats can be found very rare otherwise.

So how do, we the people, offer a solution/fix for the issue (if any) at hand to make galactic war more achievable by more players? I certainly would love to see less difficult opponents but maybe 3 more nodes for counter balance?

Excellent point.. Yoda-man! That’s true, it gets frustratingly hard sometime, but the payout is actually incredible compared to other modes..

Im actually wanting to know how the matchmaking is done first, then only we can properly think on the more suitable solution.. Should it be based on the power rating of your top 5 chars? or top 7? Based on arena ranking ? or chars level ?

And from that power, maybe set the first 4 nodes to be 1000-2000 lower, 5-8 nodes equal power, the final 4 to be higher power, 1000-3000 perhaps ?
  • Here is a perfect example EA_Jesse.
    http://m.imgur.com/sDbcagP
  • Here is a perfect example EA_Jesse.
    http://m.imgur.com/sDbcagP

Dude.. Same here..
    i.imgur.com/G0TNQff.png
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • 3rd node a 7* ig88 and 86, poogle, hk and lumi fight. I'm rank 800 so I call **** on that, 2 nodes for me tonight from this pay to win game feature that's gonna make me finally give up with the game...
  • What the heck. Today I start GW and the VERY FIRST node has three 7*, one 6*, and one 5* all with purple gear and all at level 66. My team is at a similar level, but every time I've played the first node for the past few weeks, it's always been an easier team in the 50s and then progressively got harder and the final few battles were always a challenge and fun. I can't even beat the first node. They are destroying me. This is crazy. My best possible team can't do anything, even with a few healers. So frustrating. It always feels like one step forward, two steps back with this mode. I don't see what was wrong with how it was before. I don't know if there was some kind of hotfix or update I missed, or if this all works off some algorithm, but it really upsets me I can't get past the first node. For the record, my team is 7* Sid, 7* Luminara, 6* Phasma, 5* Old Daka, and 4* Dooku all with purple gear. Even when I plugged in my 6* Jedi Consular, I couldn't make a dent. Please check into this!
  • Cyn wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    So some clarity here: A while back our server engineers were talking about using Arena Rank to calculate how we picked your opponents. For a while it was discussed that we were going to use your highest rank ever earned.
    This was my full understanding as to how it functioned, and I preached it to the hilt, as you can see here.
    In my discussions as to how we could fix GW, it became apparent that I was wrong. It went something like this:
    Im-Not-Really-A-Jedi: "So why are we using Arena Rank when the pool of people will change over time?"
    Awesome Server Dude: "What are you talking about?"
    INRAJ: "Arena Rank, why do we save their highest rank and then pick opponents against it?"
    ASD: "We don't. We decided not to use that method a while ago."
    INRAJ: "Wait. What?"
    ASD: "Yeah, we don't do that anymore. We just use their highest Squad Power now."
    INRAJ: "What?"
    ASD: "Are you okay, man? You don't look well."
    INRAJ: "I told Reddit we use Arena Ranks..."
    ASD: "Good luck with that."
    INRAJ: "..."
    ANYWAY, as you can see, we use SQUAD POWER to calculate your opponent and NOT ARENA RANK, and I was wroooooooooong.
    Now the good news: Awesome Server Dude thinks he's found the reason why GW keeps selecting those OP level 70 purple 7-stars for you, and he's working on a solution. The problem is that our server engineers are buried under a small mountain of work, so WHEN that fix will be ready is anyone's guess right now.
    I'm really sorry I was wrong, guys. I will always own up to my wrongness, and I mean it when I said that I'm here to help in the best way that I can--and that means making sure everything I say is 100% factual and true! :)
    Thanks!
    INRAJ
    EDIT: So here's EXACTLY how your opponents are figured, and where my confusion for Arena Rank came in:
    We use your LAST PVP SQUAD WIN so long as that power is greater than the last time you won. So we DO take it from Arena, just not RANK, just Squad Power.

^^One of the developers on Reddit.
    Umowois wrote: »

The dev also explains that there is a bug with the matchmaking in GW. It will be fixed. We don't know when and we have no ETA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/

Turns out this is roughly how it is calculated.. At least we have a rough idea how it is determined.. hopefully it will be fixed in the future.. :\