I found a use for Daka and Ventress even BEFORE the reworks come.

https://youtu.be/Kgrn3HbrOrg

A few things to notice about that team.
1. Palpatine is only g10, but still making a major difference.
2. Apart from being there to rapid stun and shock, Palpatine's move, "Let the Hate Flow" is being used to provide offense up for Han and Himself, and boost Ventress and Daka's Turn meters.
3. GK's retribution can allow Daka to stun-counter, and Palp to shock on counter.
4. GK's mass assist give palp a boost towards shocking the enemy team.
5. Ventress was the last toon standing.

Enjoy the Video everyone! Feel free to ask questions or state opinions in the comments.

Replies

• MmoProNick wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/Kgrn3HbrOrg

A few things to notice about that team.
    1. Palpatine is only g10, but still making a major difference.
    2. Apart from being there to rapid stun and shock, Palpatine's move, "Let the Hate Flow" is being used to provide offense up for Han and Himself, and boost Ventress and Daka's Turn meters.
    3. GK's retribution can allow Daka to stun-counter, and Palp to shock on counter.
    4. GK's mass assist give palp a boost towards shocking the enemy team.
    5. Ventress was the last toon standing.

Enjoy the Video everyone! Feel free to ask questions or state opinions in the comments.

Great creativity!
  • Napoli wrote: »
    Great creativity!

Thanks! I've been working on this set up for some time now, was originally planning on using kylo instead of Han wayyyy back when Zylo ruled the arena and Han's rework hadn't even come yet.
  • Tenacity up unfortunately removes any usefulness. Classic triple cleanse would win.

But that could easily change with a rework.
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    Tenacity up unfortunately removes any usefulness. Classic triple cleanse would win.

Also, triple cleanse is rare these days ;)
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    Tenacity up unfortunately removes any usefulness. Classic triple cleanse would win.

That is, unless you counter r2... plenty of CLS, R2, Chaze, Gk teams on my shard (Also seen a lot of Han-Gk- R2-Thrawn-CLS). But either way, Ventress dispels like mad.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »

It depends I suppose.

GK is a natural counter to CL. So you could say CL teams are also going away.

In reality the meta is becoming more and more diverse.
  • MmoProNick wrote: »

That is, unless you counter r2... plenty of CLS, R2, Chaze, Gk teams on my shard (Also seen a lot of Han-Gk- R2-Thrawn-CLS). But either way, Ventress dispels like mad.

Yeah, that's the main reliance.

If she could get a rework to also reset her cooldowns of her dispel that would be nice.

It depends I suppose.

I think the big drop in Chaze and Wiggs was the G12 bomb dropped on us. They didn't get many buffs, while other characters are starting to shine. Diversity is on the rise as CLS drops, that much is certain. However, I doubt Chaze is making a comeback (and the duo played a huge role in the triple cleansw fiasco).

It depends I suppose.

I think the big drop in Chaze and Wiggs was the G12 bomb dropped on us. They didn't get many buffs, while other characters are starting to shine. Diversity is on the rise as CLS drops, that much is certain. However, I doubt Chaze is making a comeback (and the duo played a huge role in the triple cleansw fiasco).

Yeah, for the moment anyways.

There may be a place for them again sometime in the future.

In the end, the Dev's choose which metas should exist and have their turn, we just try to flow with it.
    MmoProNick wrote: »

Yeah, that's the main reliance.

If she could get a rework to also reset her cooldowns of her dispel that would be nice.

You just described her AoE on a kill

It depends I suppose.

Chaze decently benefitted, Wiggs got completely screwed...