Ashoka Tano (Fulcrum): Overrated?

I am giving serious consideration to moving ATF into my arena lineup. It would mean stopping progress on gear where I'm at to focus entirely on her. In about a month I can have her shards to 7* at the same time I get her to G12 if I put everything into it.

However, since that's a lot of commitment I am hoping some of you can share some feedback.

Right now I run zzzCLS/zzR2/zHan/zCassian/OB and plan on her taking Cassian's spot.

Replies

• I have her G12 no zeta - don't run her in arean, but she's deadly in that setup. Should be a solid upgrade for arena over cassian. She's wonderful in TB as well.
  • I have her G12 no zeta - don't run her in arean, but she's deadly in that setup. Should be a solid upgrade for arena over cassian. She's wonderful in TB as well.

That's what I am hoping. Cassian replaced Leia in my arena and turns CLS into a stun machine with all the debuffs. And with the CLS Leader zeta he turned Rex leads into automatic wins. But I'm looking for a high-caliber team (and still don't have 7* Thrawn). She seems like a very good option but if I'm going to put everything into her, I need to be sure.
  • With a team like that she might work. But she does a need team built around her
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    With a team like that she might work. But she does a need team built around her

That is the only real viable squad I have to build around her. Will it be enough, @Zombie961? You seem a bit skeptical and that skepticism is what I want to take a look at before I make a commitment.
  • I have her at 6 star g11 and take 1 or 2 in arena every day. She's great because she gives prot up on her basic. With counters from CLS lead almost everyone has prot up before long. Leia is almost necessary IMO for her whirlwind to be effective because Leia gives so many buffs.
  • I have her at 6 star g11 and take 1 or 2 in arena every day. She's great because she gives prot up on her basic. With counters from CLS lead almost everyone has prot up before long. Leia is almost necessary IMO for her whirlwind to be effective because Leia gives so many buffs.

Thanks, @CephkillerNOJ. I've got a strong Leia I could use if needed. I'm wondering if Cassian would be a good pairing because of how many non-unique buffs are spread around to start the battle (protection, tenacity, potency, defense)...
  • Yeah. Zeta Cass would be good too unless you're facing Baze. He'll wipe them all 1st turn
  • Yeah. Zeta Cass would be good too unless you're facing Baze. He'll wipe them all 1st turn

Yep. I learned that the hard way. It's rough facing Yoda as well, but that's not much of an issue anymore.

Few on my shard use Chaze (maybe 2 of the Top 20) since our (Dec. '15) shard meta is a bit different and doesn't struggle with him. I enjoy being a little bit different. Though part of that enjoyment is probably forced since I think I would be using a maxed Thrawn if I had him.
  • Napoli wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »

That is the only real viable squad I have to build around her. Will it be enough, @Zombie961? You seem a bit skeptical and that skepticism is what I want to take a look at before I make a commitment.
    Maybe, but you will lose Ben's taunt. I understand why but in practice he may not be needed)
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Napoli wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »

Maybe, but you will lose Ben's taunt. I understand why but in practice he may not be needed)

I hadn't realized that @Zombie961.Thanks for the heads up.
  • I use her in Arena (Zeta, G12). She has great surviability and damage but is utterly worthless against Bariss - GK teams.
  • Vakarian wrote: »
    I use her in Arena (Zeta, G12). She has great surviability and damage but is utterly worthless against Bariss - GK teams.

What is your full team, average rank, and shard age @Vakarian?
  • CLS, Chaze, ATF, R2. I can hit #1 no problem if I spend the time to do so. (Usually drop to 20 - 25). It’s an old shard January 2016 I think.
    CLS, Chaze, ATF, R2. I can hit #1 no problem if I spend the time to do so. (Usually drop to 20 - 25). It’s an old shard January 2016 I think.

That's more of a drop than I'd like, but still very feasible for taking 1 on my shard. Thanks for the intel, @Vakarian!
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    You will always see that drop. Nothing really holds on defense
  • No problem. She’s great with CLS and R2 in TB but you probably will get just as good results with ZRaid Han. Like I said, useless against Zariss - GK. Whirlwind only heals GK which is very annoying. Battles end in a draw 3 out of 5 times. Raid Han does more damage, but is easier to take out.
  • MPac wrote: »
    You will always see that drop. Nothing really holds on defense

I haven't dropped below 15 overnight in a few weeks, @MPac. Typically I fall to between 7-12. Falling to 20+ is more of a pain, but not a bad price to pay for having a great offensive team.
    No problem. She’s great with CLS and R2 in TB but you probably will get just as good results with ZRaid Han. Like I said, useless against Zariss - GK. Whirlwind only heals GK which is very annoying. Battles end in a draw 3 out of 5 times. Raid Han does more damage, but is easier to take out.

Huh. Maybe I should stick with Raid Han and find another alternative to ATF then, @Vakarian? My Han is incredibly tanky with the G12-health piece and hits like crazy.

What are some other options besides ATF to replace Cassian in this squad:

zzzCLS
    zzR2
    zCassian
    zHan
    Old Ben
  • Most people at the top of my shard (there are a couple dark side holdouts) run a CLS, GK, R2 combo with Thrawn, Nihilus, Bariss, Han or Leia. One guy uses Ezra which would be more interesting if it was leveled better. Right now the arena is pretty neutral. Everyone at the top can beat everyone else so it just becomes a matter of who has your payout time and how many crystals they’re willing to spend to get to #1 and hold it.

People have a lot of luck with Zariss - Old Ben. She’s on my short list for Zeta especially with guild v. guild on the horizon. Defensive teams are going to be pretty important.
    Most people at the top of my shard (there are a couple dark side holdouts) run a CLS, GK, R2 combo with Thrawn, Nihilus, Bariss, Han or Leia. One guy uses Ezra which would be more interesting if it was leveled better. Right now the arena is pretty neutral. Everyone at the top can beat everyone else so it just becomes a matter of who has your payout time and how many crystals they’re willing to spend to get to #1 and hold it.

People have a lot of luck with Zariss - Old Ben. She’s on my short list for Zeta especially with guild v. guild on the horizon. Defensive teams are going to be pretty important.

That's my shard as well - only with zero dark side leads and five Rex leads in the Top 20.
  • I get top 3 daily with:

CLS(2 Zeta), GK, ATF(Zeta), r2(2 Zeta) and Han Solo (Zeta). All G12.

ATF is fun but isn't great against a zarriss team where I drop here and put in my DN.

ATF is great in TB though.
  • I tend to think she's underated. I run her with zCLS, zR2, Leia, and Capt Han. It's probably not a team that will get you in the top spot without more zetas, but it's a ton of fun and the team is very survivable with Han's heal/cleanse and revive and ATF's constant protection up for the team.
  • Based on the feedback here, I think I may forgo maxing ATF on gear. I'll still work her shards to 7-star, but it seems like she has no real arena advantage over my current team. I think I will devote the gear on building up Resistance and FO for potential move-related events.

Thanks for your feedback, guys.
  • I take 1st every day with CLS lead (zeta on lead and binds all things), ATF zeta, ezra, gk and r2 (zeta number crunch). All g12. Drop to 15ish usually on defense. She s alot of fun but defenitly not the best.
  • Thanks for the feedback @Flamethrow. Your squad sounds like it has some nice diversity and raw power.