Do you have to be level 85 to win?

My Phoenix Squad is g8 level 80. Everyone that beat the event at g8 seems to have level 85 toons. I have 2 g9 toons, and the rest are g8. I have ok mods and I have omegas. I keep getting destroyed in the last tier. The closest I have come is killing 2 DT’s and one healer. Do the last 5 levels matter that much?

Replies

• Ravib wrote: »
    My Phoenix Squad is g8 level 80. Everyone that beat the event at g8 seems to have level 85 toons. I have 2 g9 toons, and the rest are g8. I have ok mods and I have omegas. I keep getting destroyed in the last tier. The closest I have come is killing 2 DT’s and one healer. Do the last 5 levels matter that much?
    I've read that being at a level below 85 has a disadvantage. After I promoted my last two characters to level 85 I did end up getting it however so maybe there's something to that.
    I've read that being at a level below 85 has a disadvantage. After I promoted my last two characters to level 85 I did end up getting it however so maybe there's something to that.
    Is there some kind of penalty for not being level 85?
  • There shouldn't be. But I guess you have to keep in mind that the toons on the last stage are level 88 so that could be affecting it
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    There shouldn't be. But I guess you have to keep in mind that the toons on the last stage are level 88 so that could be affecting it
    We’ll I guess I’ll try in another 3 months.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    My mods also suck. I keep doing mod challenges, but the only thing they give me is crappy offense and defense mods. I also don’t have millions of credits laying around. I haven’t gotten a single speed mod from those mod challenges. My highest speed is +35. I saw some guy on forums with a much weaker team than me, and he had a 7* Thrawn. This event is pure luck.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Level 80 is fine.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Level 80 is fine.
    How do I win? Even if I take out the DT’s, Thrawn oneshots with his BASIC attack.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2017

You should probably load chopper and kanan up with more protection. Survivability is the key in this event. Also my Hera was at about 206 speed so try to make her fast, even tho people said they don't really need to be fast. Make sure to time your back up plan to revive your tank.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Ravib wrote: »

You should probably load chopper and kanan up with more protection. Survivability is the key in this event. Also my Hera was at about 206 speed so try to make her fast, even tho people said they don't really need to be fast. Make sure to time your back up plan to revive your tank.
    Like I said, I have no speed mods. I have hardly any health mods. All the mod challenges give me are crappy offense and defense mods.
  • I have read you don't need speed. I was just saying what worked for me. But I would get more protection on chopper and kanan
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    I have read you don't need speed. I was just saying what worked for me. But I would get more protection on chopper and kanan
    I just did a battle where I got it down to only Thrawn, but I could not kill him. He barely took any damage.
  • Ravib
    106 posts Member
    I have read you don't need speed. I was just saying what worked for me. But I would get more protection on chopper and kanan
    GOT HIM! After 100 tries, I got him with 5 toons left standing.
  • Most of mine were at level 80 or 82. Level's only count enough to get the unique omega for each toon. Then its gear tier, mods and sheer luck. Ezra and Hera were G10, Kanan, Chopper and Zeb G8.