New Trailer Episide 8 "The Last Jedi" [MERGE]

Replies

• Might be a good movie...but that's a poor trailer. Doesn't make the film look remotely interesting or inspiring.

I respectfully disagree with this. I never got overly stoked for TFA. This got me stocked for this one.
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »
    I think Kylo is a double agent!

Kylo is Fulcrum.
  • I would LOVE to see Sith Rey.
  • Plot twist. Kylo to Rey: "I'm your brother"
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Its definitely a nice view on the areas the film will be based, still making us ask questions and making us wantto find them out.
    Such questions are... What "Raw Power" does Luke refer too, and why is he afraid of it?
    I'm wondering the same. Makes me think of the force entity/ chosen one theory about Rey actually being Anakin re-incarnate as a recurring entity. There was talk months ago that luke would tell rey "you're my father" in a supposed leak.
  • "Raw power"
    Power of the dark side
    The Jedi have to end
    There must be balance

Luke and Rey will be using both the light and the dark.

"There's so much more"

I hate using the term grey Jedi, but I'm guessing the ability to use both light and dark will yield more power and abilities than the sum of the two individual sides.
  • Rey is the reincarnation of Bendu :smiley:
  • Things Luke could possibly be afraid of
    Snoke, because duh
    Using the dark side
    Rey's power
    His own power, (that's why he's hiding)
    Zombie Han (most plausable)
  • Things Luke could possibly be afraid of
    Snoke, because duh
    Using the dark side
    Rey's power
    His own power, (that's why he's hiding)
    Zombie Han (most plausable)

The Walking Dead did mention a crossover is on the way.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    I think it's a trailer

I just can't top that...
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Few things I noticed watching trailer once:
    -Carbonfiber-face Kylo appears to be healed by end of trailer, IF it is chronologically ordered
    -Kylo is expected to kill his mother, who appears to be on the bridge of a ship he's about to shoot
    --Although I doubt that would happen... otherwise he's just the 3rd Menendez brother...
    -Rey can cast 'Earthquake'
    -Finn gets promoted or is in disguise as an officer
    -New AT-AT models look badass and beastly
    -Rey has taken up rock carving
  • Ugh... this trailer revealed more than a terminator trailer. Rey is turning to the dark side, kylo is killing leia, and Finn is going to be a spy in the first order. Saved ya 2 hours in a theatre.
  • Not sure why people are knocking the trailer or why they think this has spoilers. This trailer was intentionally crafted by the marketing team of the film. Anything they released, they WANTED YOU to see about the movie. And they spliced the scenes in a specific order.
    For all we know there are a few scenes missing where it's Kylo, not Rey, who is ready to turn. It's 2 minutes of a 120+ minute movie, and the script is one of the most closely guarded secrets of Disney. I wouldn't hold my breath in understanding the plot from this trailer.
  • A lo of ppl taking things at face value from the trailer. A lot of scenes that appear to be connected probably aren't.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Its definitely a nice view on the areas the film will be based, still making us ask questions and making us wantto find them out.
    Such questions are... What "Raw Power" does Luke refer too, and why is he afraid of it? What does Rey face during her training? Does Kylo stay in the Dark or does he redeem himself in some way? Is Rey going to be tortured into the Dark Side? Why is Finn/Rey in the FO base? etc.

Im very eager to find out and this trailer makes it so that it sort of reveals whats going on but doesn't give you a solid answer, which is nice and exciting.

Hes refering to kylos raw power and hes afraid of it cause of what ren turned into and what he did.
  • The scenes are not in order, don't be fooled by the editing.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Disney
    Rogee wrote: »
    -Carbonfiber-face Kylo appears to be healed by end of trailer, IF it is chronologically ordered
    -Kylo is expected to kill his mother, who appears to be on the bridge of a ship he's about to shoot
    --Although I doubt that would happen... otherwise he's just the 3rd Menendez brother...
    Finn has an undercover mission
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Rey is not turning dark. Good lord. The backgrounds are different during that exchange. It’s called editing. They are trying to get people to think one thing or another. It draws interest and makes more money. Even the scene between Kylo and Leia. It was most likely just edited to look that way. Take nothing out of the trailer.
  • Emo Kylo needs to die in a horrible way, or man up and become a real villain.
    whos-your-favorite-disney-princess-kylo-ren-meme.jpg
  • Kylo takes Rey to Snoke. Snoke chooses her and she goes to the dark side due to her families past.. Kylo smashes his helmet in anger and goes back to the light side.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Which of these are most likely?

Evil Rey and Evil Kylo vs Good Luke
    Evil Rey vs Good Kylo
    Good Rey and Good Kylo vs Snoke
    Good Rey and Good Kylo vs Evil Luke
    Evil Rey and Snoke vs Good Kylo and Luke
    Good Rey and Luke vs Evil Kylo and Snoke

Should probably do a poll...oh well
  • Whindanser wrote: »
    Which of these are most likely?

Evil Rey vs Good Kylo

Rey goes to Luke for training. He turns her down. Rey goes to Snoke for training. Kylo and Rey fight in front of Snoke. Rey wins again and Snoke chooses her. He leaves and joins the resistance. Luke is not involved.

• Rogee wrote: »

I lol’d hard
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Whindanser wrote: »

Evil Rey vs Good Kylo

Oh please, give us Evil Luke! He does show fear in the trailer, and fear leads to... well, you know the rest.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    This all leads up to the big Episode IX showdown: Evil Rey vs. Good Kylo.

If this happens I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed.
  • After spending several decades by himself on a rock island, you would think Luke would be so in-tune with the Force that no level of power would scare him. I mean after ROTJ, he was basically the only "force-user" in the entire galaxy.
    Maybe Rey upsets him so she runs off, only to return later as to finish her training with Luke, only to find him sickly and weak. She puts him in his tiny bed in his tiny home by a swamp and watches him sleep and fade away with the force, but only after he tells Rey she can't be a real Jedi until she faces Kylo.
    And JJ Abrams laughs his way to the bank.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Whindanser wrote: »

Evil Rey vs Good Kylo

You forgot
    Good Rey,Good Kylo and good Snoke vs. Evil Luke
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Just like any other trailer.. it’s very misleading. There are no spoilers in the trailer. Just like rogue one trailer; it made it seem like krennic was jyns father and she is fighting against him; turns out she was following what her father lived his life for, to destroy the empire and krennic.

In the last Jedi trailer. Rey asks for help while she is in what it looks to be a cave, kylo has burning ashes behind him. It’s totally 2 separate scenes; misleading the viewer of the trailer.

There are no spoilers in the trailer.
    Star Wars fans are just so die hard that just a few seconds of air time excites us and we think every little thing means the world.

Everybody needs to watch this because it’s amazig
  • Did anyone else notice that the carbon fibre pattern on Kylie facial scars appear to be the same pattern of leias outfit in the trailer. Coincidence or is there a deeper meaning I wonder.