What would you like to see in the shard shop if changes were made?

I have voiced my opinion numerous times, in forums and with develoment team directly, on the downfalls of the current shard shop.
I currently have 483,615 shard shop currency. I have spent a total of 900 currency on three purchases of Vader shards. That's it, because for me, nothing contained in the shard shop would further my character growth and progress.
You see, the shard shop was supposed to be created as a means to do something with all of the excess shards a player had accumulated. It was my initial thought that this shard shop wouldn't carry other shards... instead, I figured that it would allow access to additional gear bundles, ability materials, credits, training droids, and the chance at other content yet to be released in other in game features.

Using excess shards to buy more shards of the same characters made sense somewhere along the way. How that happened remains a conundrum to me, but I'm no developer, so I can't rightly say I would have thought otherwise on this matter.

My plea for the development team is this-
Make content available in the shard shop that would not be easily obtainable in other areas of the game. Afterall, most of the players with significant amounts of shard currency have spent quite a bit of money to get them.
I know that EA and the Devs don't want to alienate the F2P players, but they too can enjoy the spoils of the shard shop if they farm toons that they have seven starred. This may take away from their main focuses, but at least they didn't pay for that loss of time.

Nevertheless, I feel that the release of new characters, ability material bundles, and gear bundles would be a great start for a shard shop change.

Replies

  • Totally agree the shard shop is useless at the moment a part from the vadar shards which are the only ones I have purchased I've spent some money on this game but have stopped spending for the moment to see how it develops as im not geting the return I expected on my investment. Examples shard shop useless, exchange rate ripping you off new credit and trading droid events worse then What they were before spend your resources developing a char then It gets nerfed. Interesting to note that spending the last couple of days on this forum and others you get the sense that the whales myself included are getting **** off and going F2P it's not like they don't have the money, they do and they are wiling to spend it its just the ROI is terrible so imo EA and CG are just leaving extra profit on the table, which doesn't make any biz sense.
  • Iron_Mike1 wrote: »
    Totally agree the shard shop is useless at the moment a part from the vadar shards which are the only ones I have purchased I've spent some money on this game but have stopped spending for the moment to see how it develops as im not geting the return I expected on my investment. Examples shard shop useless, exchange rate ripping you off new credit and trading droid events worse then What they were before spend your resources developing a char then It gets nerfed. Interesting to note that spending the last couple of days on this forum and others you get the sense that the whales myself included are getting **** off and going F2P it's not like they don't have the money, they do and they are wiling to spend it its just the ROI is terrible so imo EA and CG are just leaving extra profit on the table, which doesn't make any biz sense.

    I hold no malice towards the Devs, EA, or CG... I spent money knowingly and willingly on most in game items.

    My biggest concern is the balance for whales and f2p players alike. I can understand that this is a difficult issue to tackle in today's world, but I was hoping that the shard shop would offer a means to stimulate both both parties and their growth.
  • I'm guessing a gear shop isn't far behind so some of the excess gear can be traded for harder to earn items - takes ages to grind out 20 blaster salvage and the L9 gear takes 50
    At a drop rate of ~20% gives 250 battles or 2500 energy
    Gear is also a classic revenue generator

    Overall though I think the devs have done an excellent job balancing, allowing whales to rule the top table with f2p/c2p access to essentially the whole game
  • Plain & simple, black & white:
    The ability to trade-in any shards I don't want, for shard currency to apply for ones I do. Not just 7* ones, ANY ones.

    Example: I don't ever plan on using a 4* Teebo, but he's got 35 shards sitting there. If I could ditch those for 5 on someone I was interested in building, that would keep me FAR more interested. This would keep players engaged, because they truly would feel like they were building their dream team, which is what the game is all about right?

    You want all the negative shard-shop feedback to go away? Do this. ^
  • I would like the shard shop to be a means to grind, at a slower rate ofcourse, whichever toon I choose. I can gather 20 shards a day from my maxed out toons, I'd like to be able to utilize them in a viable and reasonable timetable to grind, say Darth Maul or Vader.
  • Deimos wrote: »
    I would like the shard shop to be a means to grind, at a slower rate ofcourse, whichever toon I choose. I can gather 20 shards a day from my maxed out toons, I'd like to be able to utilize them in a viable and reasonable timetable to grind, say Darth Maul or Vader.

    I think that was the initial plan, @Deimos, but somewhere the development team came up with what we see now.
    Let me ask, what about a player who has all characters seven starred (except Vader, of course)? What benefit would the shard shop have for that person?
  • Deimos wrote: »
    I would like the shard shop to be a means to grind, at a slower rate ofcourse, whichever toon I choose. I can gather 20 shards a day from my maxed out toons, I'd like to be able to utilize them in a viable and reasonable timetable to grind, say Darth Maul or Vader.

    I think that was the initial plan, @Deimos, but somewhere the development team came up with what we see now.
    Let me ask, what about a player who has all characters seven starred (except Vader, of course)? What benefit would the shard shop have for that person?

    Zero. And this is the confusing part. It's useless to you, who I'm guessing have spent somewhere between 5 to 20k, it's useless to me who I have spent 200$. The original plan I suppose demanded further programing. So they made the easy doable version of a shop that rotates toons.

    I am glad at least you have a direct channel of communication.

  • 123
    107 posts Member
    I've only just unlocked the shard shop so I don't want to be to critical, but I was very disappointed with what's in there, I was hoping for chromium characters, but all that's there is easily farm able ones, I'm looking forward to seeing the new character in there. I just hope they add more to this feature, I'm F2P a at the minute mainly cas I can't justify spending on random shards/characters, I'm itching to spend just need something good to spend on.

    Great game.
  • Deimos wrote: »
    I would like the shard shop to be a means to grind, at a slower rate ofcourse, whichever toon I choose. I can gather 20 shards a day from my maxed out toons, I'd like to be able to utilize them in a viable and reasonable timetable to grind, say Darth Maul or Vader.


    I agree totally!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    1. Every unlocked hero should be purchasable
    2. Qty should be at least 5 per shipment
    3. Should refresh same as other shops
    4. Should include full gear pieces (not components)
    5. Should include ability mats & credits
    6. Should be an exchange rate of; 1:1 for normal farmables; 1:2 for hard farmable; 1:3 for chromium; 1:5 for exclusives like vadar and GG.
    7. Shard exclusives available when all heroes activated to be more exclusive for spenders and in unlimited shipments.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven wrote: »
    1. Every unlocked hero should be purchasable
    2. Qty should be at least 5 per shipment
    3. Should refresh same as other shops
    4. Should include full gear pieces (not components)
    5. Should include ability mats & credits
    6. Should be an exchange rate of; 1:1 for normal farmables; 1:2 for hard farmable; 1:3 for chromium; 1:5 for exclusives like vadar and GG.
    7. Shard exclusives available when all heroes activated to be more exclusive for spenders and in unlimited shipments.

    +1. This is much more reasonable and advantageous then the current model for FTP and P2P alike.

    Unfortunately, I severely doubt CG/EA will even consider implementing these changes. They've already established a shard shop that suits their needs, why would they change it?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Keaven wrote: »
    1. Every unlocked hero should be purchasable
    2. Qty should be at least 5 per shipment
    3. Should refresh same as other shops
    4. Should include full gear pieces (not components)
    5. Should include ability mats & credits
    6. Should be an exchange rate of; 1:1 for normal farmables; 1:2 for hard farmable; 1:3 for chromium; 1:5 for exclusives like vadar and GG.
    7. Shard exclusives available when all heroes activated to be more exclusive for spenders and in unlimited shipments.

    +1. This is much more reasonable and advantageous then the current model for FTP and P2P alike.

    Unfortunately, I severely doubt CG/EA will even consider implementing these changes. They've already established a shard shop that suits their needs, why would they change it?
    Their is absolutely no way they will make any changes to exchange rates. Adding other items for sale could happen though.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • MK III Ability Mats. Period
Sign In or Register to comment.