reworks :(

this pheonix rework and the chimmit rework have completely screwed my sith team over . i have grinded the last 2 months for them not to be viable ( except in galatic war) why does EA not care about a simple SITH team ,but yet they want to rework the paid chars(pheonix squad) . Its kinda annoying and distasteful for a newish player.

Replies

• If you grind them for the last two months then you shouldnt be angry at noone except you.
  • It's always been this way. They reworked Sith back when they released the Nihilus gang. zMaul was meta for months. Really no reason to buff them again so soon. Lot's of other factions in the game.
  • Lol you just called Phoenix "paid" characters. They're all available in shipments or cantina.
  • Lol you just called Phoenix "paid" characters. They're all available in shipments or cantina.

they just moved them there 4 weeks ago and now they reworked them weeks later.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Thiff wrote: »
    you shouldnt be angry at noone except you.

Yikes

False. Here is the post from June where they were added to the game. They have been very easily farmable for over 4 months.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114910/game-update-6-7-2017#latest

Also they were not reworked. They just had Zetas added. That is NOT the same thing as a complete overhaul of a broken character. In fact @CG_TopHat recently said in a podcast that they already had the Zetas planned, then purposely held back the Zeta abilities to see how they did in the wild, so they could be tweaked later.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Sith haven't been viable in top end arena for months. Phoenix had nothing to do with it.
  • matt666_wooo
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Thiff wrote: »
    If you grind them for the last two months then you shouldnt be angry at noone except you.

its my fault for playing the game ? and then ea reworks chars is my fault ?
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Lol you just called Phoenix "paid" characters. They're all available in shipments or cantina.

False. Here is the post from June where they were added to the game. They have been very easily farmable for over 4 months.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114910/game-update-6-7-2017#latest

Also they were not reworked. They just had Zetas added. That is NOT the same thing as a complete overhaul of a broken character. In fact @CG_TopHat recently said in a podcast that they already had the Zetas planned, then purposely held back the Zeta abilities to see how they did in the wild, so they could be tweaked later.

chopper was def reworked he gains 15% health each hit now . how is that not a rework ? o.O they have two taunters (which both gain health per hit ) which is a lil too overpowered.
  • Thiff wrote: »
    If you grind them for the last two months then you shouldnt be angry at noone except you.

Lol you just called Phoenix "paid" characters. They're all available in shipments or cantina.

chopper was def reworked he gains 15% health each hit now . how is that not a rework ? o.O they have two taunters (which both gain health per hit ) which is a lil too overpowered.

He doesn't gain health per hit. He gets health per turn. He also gains a dispelable protection buff per hit. But he already got both before, and it wasn't overpowered. They were actually poorly received since they were not great. And it's not overpowered because both taunters do horrible damage. Almost none.
  • I've grinded Pheonix for a little while to 7-star the lot of them, I typically don't hold a rating below 1k very long using them. I also have a modest Sith team that does okay.

Here's some hints:
    Kill Chopper first, Sith DO have the tools to murder him if you're geared up and modded well. No Chopper, no hp recovery when a character activates.

Don't go Willy-Nilly on your AOE if Kanan is still alive, the counter-attacking is what's going to kill you.

If you don't want to fight them in the arena, refresh until you find a favorable fight... like Jedi (though with how the meta is, good luck with that).

When I have to fight them, I kill them in this order: Chopper or Ezra (depends on how much burst damage/assist calling available) then kill the other, then kill Zeb. Kanan 4th. Hera last. Works well for me as I'm not using an AoE crit-monster squad.

From 70-80 I found it hilarious how bad I'd murder Jedi teams with my Sith in the arena. And then the environment started to change. What worked for weeks started to change and I had to adapt. Sounds like you're not adapting or you've put all your eggs in one basket.
  • Thiff wrote: »

Before his omega was added, he gave 15% at lv 7, now, they "reworked" it to just give 11% at lv7
    Then just added again those missing 4% into the omega lvl

And it inst with each hit, chopper gains it at the start of each turn
    And kanan doesnt gain hp per hit either, just when he gets debuffed
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • If you stop for a moment and look at just how MANY people are complaining currently that their 7* G8-10 lvl 85 phoenix squads are getting absolutely slaughtered by the last stage of the thrawn event, you might see that they are far from overpowered.

Are they a strong team? At times... Did they just get some shiny new zetas? Yup. Phoenix is simply 6 reasonably good characters who share synergy under Hera's lead. The whole is stronger than the sum of it's parts, Ezra is arguably the single strongest Phoenix Character and probably the only one you will see used outside of the complete team, but even with his new ability upgrades he is far from overpowered. Lets say this though... I'd far rather fight against a 7* g10 phoenix team with maxed abilities and their new zetas than a 7* g10 zDN lead team wit zDooku and Sith Trooper in the arena. Or a Maxed 7* EP lead team with a really fast Darth Vader, zSid and Shore Trooper.

Sith are groups of two master and apprentice, a super synergistic sith group isn't true to who the sith are. A squad of 5 Sith is a cool thing, and good for you for focusing on a team and seeing it through to completion. If you are dissatisfied with the results, then perhaps it's time to look at who you could add to your sith teams to bolster them(perhaps Kylo, or Thrawn, or maybe phasma), or focus on another team and see how they turn out. If you still think that Phoenix are crazy overpowered, farm them for yourself, they are all free to farm...