Theoretical Raids

Fauztin
1332 posts Member
edited October 2017
Standard Raid Style
*All ideas/suggested details welcome when it comes to abilities, game mechanics, phase structure, etc.

- Battle of Rakata Prime
(Siege on the Starforge)

Phase 1: Your teams vs. Sith Inquisitor (Boss) assisted by Sith Troopers and/or Sith Assassins
a) Eat-Your-Team Function: Similar to Gamorrean Guard, some formula of Deathmarks on characters with highest health.
b) Resummon Function: Resummon random supporting troop whenever applying Deathmark.
c) Boss Ability Theme: Life/Force Drain effects, KOTOR's villain and Starforge focus was around stealing the life force and strength of others, coincides with future phase ideas regarding Battle Meditation abilities.

Phase 2: Your teams vs. Corrupted Bastilla Shan (Boss)
a) Eat-Your-Team Function: Corrupted Battle Meditation, takes over your character for the rest of the encounter. Starts on Cooldown, every 5 turns.
b) Topple Function: Disable Starmap, distract Bastilla from concentrating her Battle Meditation on the fleets fighting around the Starforge.
c) Boss Ability Theme: Battle Meditation slowing you down, long-haul type of fight, opposite of Rancor getting more and more angry and tough.

Phase 3: Your teams vs. Starforge Droid Assembly Line (Boss) supported by Starforge Defense Droids
a) Eat-Your-Team Function: Electric Bursts from the production machinery to fry your guy, similar to AAT cannon.
b) Resummon Function: Produces max of 6 droids at a time, lower droid capacity as health bar reaches lower thresholds throughout this phase.
c) Topple Function: Enters a vulnerable reboot stage for every 20(?) Starforge Defense Droids defeated.
d) Boss Ability Theme: Opposite of Bastilla's long-haul experience of wearing you down, now you wear down the target the longer it goes on, much like the KOTOR game experience of requiring parts from defeated droids to shut down the machines.

Phase 4: Your teams vs. Darth Malak (Boss)
a) Eat-Your-Team Function: (Optional) Uses Life/Force Drain on captured Republic soldiers in bacta tanks regularly for buffs against you - uses Life/Force Drain to insta-kill one of your guys whenever you destroy a captured soldier's bacta tank.
b) Boss Ability Theme: Similar to AAT Phase 4, destroying alternative targets is optional for Topple effect, in this case just bearing through his buffs or prioritizing team members to eliminate his food. Maybe a Topple effect could be destroying all bacta tanks before Malak takes another turn, they all refresh when he's back up.

Heroic Rewards:
Light Side Revan Character Shards
Dark Side Revan Characters Shards

* Possible proposition of a Space Raid around these circumstances to reward Ship Schematics for the Ebon Hawk, similar to how others have suggested Luke's X-Wing be awarded for a Death Star Space Raid.
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    - Execute Order 66
    (Fall of the Jedi)

Phase 1: Your teams vs. Geonosian Colosseum Beasts (Mini Bosses)
    a) Eat-Your-Team Function: Beasts apply Deathmarks based on a formula of your own team's balance of health levels/percentages.
    b) Balanced Health Function: More than a 10% difference will result in the healthiest Beast transferring health to the unhealthiest Beast at a -1% --> +2% ratio. All Beasts must be below 10% health before any of the three are defeated, or they will revive at 10% health.
    c) Boss Ability Theme: Aiming to take down all three creatures at an equal rate, defeating each of them through their individual strategic weaknesses with different teams. Pro Guild Coordination.

Phase 2: Your teams vs. Count Dooku (Boss) supported by Droidekas and/or Super Battle Droids
    a) Eat-Your-Team Function: Collapsing Vessel, pieces of the ship are coming apart and rendering useless allies and enemies alike. Dooku uses the Force to tear a part of the ship to crush your guy every 5 turns, starts on Cooldown.
    b) Topple Function: Free the Hostage, disable the restraints around Chancellor Palpatine to force Dooku to let his guard down while maintaining the charade of "securing the hostage."
    c) Boss Ability Theme: Dooku is filled with fear of being replaced and becoming inferior - his obsession with continuing to impress his master is his downfall.

Phase 3: Your teams vs. Boga-Mounted General Kenobi (Boss) (Riding the lizard, or supported by the lizard)
    a) Eat-Your-Team Function: Friendly Fire, after 3 turns of combat with General Kenobi upon conclusion of being Toppled, he will flee the area to pursue General Grievous once more - Clone Troopers have targeted and missed him with the cannon, insta-killing a random character of yours.
    b) Topple Function: Dropped Your Lightsaber, General Kenobi returns to fight your team between bouts of pursuing General Grievous after losing his lightsaber - he is immediately toppled upon returning, then regains his lightsaber for three turns of combat before picking the chase back up and you are attacked by the droid army.
    c) Boss Ability Theme: Consumed with the chase of General Grievous, General Kenobi's attention will shift frequently from your characters allowing a longer life-span, traded for less opportunity to attack him when droid enemies are present. This is a "whack-a-mole" phase.

Phase 4: Your teams vs. Defective Clones' LAAT Gunship supported by 2 individual Jedi at a time from the roster
    a) Eat-Your-Team Function: The supporting Jedi insta-kill your lowest health character whenever they are defeated.
    b) Resummon Function: Every time a supporting Jedi is defeated, another will take his/her place until all Jedi characters have been used during your personal Raid-Instance, resets with daily refresh of roster/attempts.
    c) Boss Ability Theme: Not all Clone Troopers appropriately followed Order 66, some banding together to defend the Jedi Order. The Gunship's attacks are standard but are enhanced by the supporting Jedi abilities.

Heroic Reward:
    Jango Fett Character Shards
  • Very detailed thoughts and I like your input. However, I would not vote for adding these raids because their mechanic is the same as Rancor Raid. Just from gameplay point of view I would not want to complete the same raid but with different enemies 3 times. Sometimes I even do not complete Rancor Raid because it is just boring (I am posting 0 score).

Your ideas are very well thought from characters and scenario point of view but not from gameplay point of view. If you apply a new interesting gameplay, I would definitely vote for your ideas
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Dart_EdMar wrote: »
    Your ideas are very well thought from characters and scenario point of view but not from gameplay point of view. If you apply a new interesting gameplay, I would definitely vote for your ideas

I appreciate the feedback, thank you. Got bored and started thinking about how closer adaptations from the parts the fans know could be incorporated - when you say repetitive game mechanics, do you mean the phase transition and toppling structure? That's why I added the bit about your characters being mind controlled, or the boss degrading, leaving and coming back, or the Beasts being 3 boss health bars at once.

I'd be open to other ideas for originality's sake. I totally get that paint in a different color still smells the same.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for that, long-time player but new to the forums.

*bump, for sake of asking for others' feedback on tweeking details/mechanics. I understand it's unlikely to be implemented in the game. Still, I like creating this kind of stuff, call it fan-fic for the game, I suppose.