Arena payouts other than on the hour?

I always thought payouts were on the hour, 6pm/7pm local, but someone on my shard is on the half hour. I didn't believe it until he sent a screenshot. How does that happen?

Replies

• Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Only for weird time zones, I know of one in Australia a city in the middle of nowhere right between 2 time zones decided to make there own time zone and split the difference
  • Hong Kong?
  • He might have moved to a different place where the time difference is of half an hour
  • Shaheen wrote: »
    He might have moved to a different place where the time difference is of half an hour

huh?

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Shaheen wrote: »
    He might have moved to a different place where the time difference is of half an hour

huh?

Payout time is determined when you create your account.

So if you move to a different timezone your payout would be different while in the new timezone.

There are stories of people that created their account on vacation in Europe etc, then when back home their payout ends up in the middle of the night etc...
  • Only for weird time zones, I know of one in Australia a city in the middle of nowhere right between 2 time zones decided to make there own time zone and split the difference

After a little research into that (ok 30 sec w google), there's a handful of areas that have fractional GMT offsets. So one upside to living in North Korea is that you have less competition at payout. Whether that offsets the downsides is subjective.
  • India is also by the half hour.
    Last I checked, there were 38 Unique time zones, so technically there could be 38 payouts a day.