Resistance Squad Options

What Resistance squads have people found to be most effective in TB and/or HAAT? I plan to use my next Zeta on Finn, but don't know how I should prioritize my Gear allocations. My current Resistance squad is:

Finn - G8
Poe - G8
Rey - G11
R2-D2 - G11
BB-8 - G8
Trooper - G7
Pilot - G8

All are Level 85 and 7 Stars. R2 is so versatile that I end up using him elsewhere. So, is BB-8 a useful replacement for any of the remaining five Resistance characters?

Replies

• For HAAT and TB I use Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot and BB8. Unless you have Rey zeta'd I would always leave her out. You don't need R2 but I use him instead of Pilot in GW so I don't countered.
  • You need Finn, Poe, and RT at the very least. BB8 is close to being necessary, he is very good with resistance. In that last spot you could go with R2 if you don't need him elsewhere, or RP if you do. You don't even really need great gear with this squad, but you do need pretty good mods. Poe at the very least needs to be as fast as possible with some potency (especially if you don't use R2).
  • HyperCalm1 wrote: »
    For HAAT and TB I use Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot and BB8. Unless you have Rey zeta'd I would always leave her out. You don't need R2 but I use him instead of Pilot in GW so I don't countered.
    kevsmart wrote: »
    You need Finn, Poe, and RT at the very least. BB8 is close to being necessary, he is very good with resistance. In that last spot you could go with R2 if you don't need him elsewhere, or RP if you do. You don't even really need great gear with this squad, but you do need pretty good mods. Poe at the very least needs to be as fast as possible with some potency (especially if you don't use R2).

Thanks, guys!
  • I_Shot_1st
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi there. Avid resistance user here. At this point in time, Finn is the most necessary toon. Next, Poe and trooper. They are the core to the TM machine which Resistance is entirely reliant upon. However with anticipating a slew of new Resistance toons and content, this may not be true in the future. But for now, Finn Poe and Trooper for any and all purposes.

Now, the next toons to farm will be based on performance versatility, and longevity. Lets start with performance. For GW, this decision isnt very important. You can basically do the entire GW with just Finn Poe and Trooper, its that effective. For HAAT, you can solo p2 or p4 depending on which toons you use. For p2, you would use zFinn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot and Bb8. For p4, you would use zRey and R2 instead of Pilot and Bb8.

So how do you decide which route to go? If scoring high for rank and reward is important to you, p2 squad will net you 19+ million whereas p4 nets you 12 million. If you're guild is on farm but struggles with p3 and you want to help speed things along, you can net around 3m in p3 with the Rey/R2 variant added to the core 3.

The next thing to consider is versatility. This one is easy. R2 is hands down THE most versatile toon in the game with having 4 faction tags. He's useful in arena, several HAAT builds, GW, and CLS event. Cant go wrong beefing him up. BB8 appears to be somewhat versatile as well, belonging to hybrid arena teams as well as GW and p2 of HAAT. Rey is mostly exclusively used in p4 of HAAT, and for climbing arena w pure Resistance squads (but not holding well on defense). Resistance pilot is easily the most unversatile toon of the 4, being used exclusively in p2 of HAAT.

Lastly, longevity. This is an opinion that you need to answer for yourself. Which toons will be useful the longest? You want to try to gear and farm toons that hold their value. Some things to keep in mind: if droids ever make a comeback through rework or new additions, watch out for bb8, he has the potential to be great in a droid squad. R2 might always have a place in the game w his team bolstering effects, multiple factions and versatile kit. Rey is only an attacker at this point, and pilot is only good in one area. I dont think pilot or Rey have great longevity because with the onslaught of new Resistance toons on the way, it seems they are the most likely to become obsolete.

Good luck and Viva La Resistance

**also I forgot to address TB. Honestly, I dont think your decision should have much effect on TB. You could probably do every tier of TB with just the core 3 without much problem.
  • This team is also an option in phase 4, even without the zeta on Rey. This was after I put a zeta on number crunch, but without the zeta I was averaging 7.5m, and to be clear, this is with no zeta on Rey. With the zeta on Rey you can solo the whole phase with this team.

FpUovDe.jpg
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I've heard that with zFinn, Poe, and RT at G8, you can do just fine in TB. My zFinn is only 5*, and my team has average to bad mods. I can use them to clear the TB stages until I need a 6* Finn.
  • I like res in p2 but my guildie uses zinn Poe rt BB8 and rp for p4 and solos it.
    That same team ^^ I used in p2 o got 7 mil
    I replaced rp with rey and got 8 mil. But p2 is still rng-y