How to Defeat Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe

I cannot come up with a winning strategy for teams that use Baze and Chirrut. My go-to team in Arena is:

Ackbar (Leader)
Commander Luke Skywalker
R2-D2
Princess Leia*
Stormtrooper Han*

Luke is at Gear XII; the rest are at Gear XI. I routinely lose to teams with Baze and Chirrut, even if they're only at Gear X. Here's what typically happens: (1) I hit Baze with Luke, and I remove his taunt and inflict buff immunity. (2) Chirrut cleanses Baze, and Baze regains taunt. (3) Repeat ad nauseum.

I can never seem to drop Baze's taunt long enough to take out Chirrut, and I can't take out Baze, because Chirrut is giving him so much health. Is there a winning strategy I'm missing here? Or do I need to swap out Leia and Han?

*I'm eventually going to replace Leia with Raid Han, and Stormtrooper Han with Hermit Yoda. But that's going to take a few months.

Replies

• Options
    Chaze has to beat this way:
    1) You need to get Baze Taunt down and then IGNORE him and Chirrut if at all possible.
    2) Know how Baze gains Taunt... He gets it start of encounter, gets it whenever an Enemy Dies, and Gains it if Chirrut drops below 100% health. Thus why we Ignore them both.
    3) once Taunt is down you super murder whoever the biggest damage dealer on the other team is. This prevents most of the "Enemy Dies" retaunt problem. So in Wiggs/Chaze teams I will knock down the Taunt and super-murder Wedge...
    4) Once 2-3 of the bad guy team is dead, it's not that hard to knock Chaze out.

Basically the secret of Chaze is knowing how and when he'll taunt
  • Options
    When you buff immunity baze and start focusing on the others and if they fall below %100 then chirrut cleanses and equalize hp baze regains taunt because chirruts HP falls below %100 the key to prevent that to one shot the toon or ability block or stun chirrut or fracture baze
  • Options
    Genosian spy their sweet behinds
  • AKsithlord
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Try taking baze on first untill his taunt expires. After that, take r2 and stun chirrut. Then focus chirrut as much as possible. As long as chirrut is alive, whole team gets massive dispels with potential for getting a lot of buffs based on debuffs. If bazw taunts again, dispel and wail on chiirut. After chirrut drops, baze becomes easier. I would also probally replace akbar as leader for cls, the counter attacking will help. Also if you can replace akbar with raid han. Leia shines with the right mods on a good rebel team, with a CLS lead she can unload counter attacks but idk how well geared and modded your toons are so just replacing one could be a drop for your team. Its all in good testing but if you can stun chirrut and kill him before health buff racks up you should be good to go.

Edit- I forgot about baze auto taunt. If they have another heavy hitter, like pilgrim said probally take them out first.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    If you use r2 smoke screen, Baze will gain TM from all the buffs and go right after r2, so he immediately loses his taunt. Then you still have Luke's buff block attack in your pocket. Get Baze's protection down close to zero. Once Chirrut goes, buff block baze so he can't heal, and finish him off before chirrut goes again to cleanse.
  • Options
    B2. Boba. They are pains but can be taken out with some timing
  • Options
    I usually stun Chirrut with Han Solo to start the match, then wipe Baze's taunt with CLS, hitting him with Buff Immunity. Then destroy Chirrut while Baze cries.
  • Options
    Chaze has to beat this way:
    1) You need to get Baze Taunt down and then IGNORE him and Chirrut if at all possible.
    2) Know how Baze gains Taunt... He gets it start of encounter, gets it whenever an Enemy Dies, and Gains it if Chirrut drops below 100% health. Thus why we Ignore them both.
    3) once Taunt is down you super murder whoever the biggest damage dealer on the other team is. This prevents most of the "Enemy Dies" retaunt problem. So in Wiggs/Chaze teams I will knock down the Taunt and super-murder Wedge...
    4) Once 2-3 of the bad guy team is dead, it's not that hard to knock Chaze out.

Basically the secret of Chaze is knowing how and when he'll taunt

I just tried this, and it made a HUGE difference. I did what you suggested and dispelled the taunt. Then I just picked off everyone except Baze and Chirrut until they were the only two left.
  • Options
    I always leave chaze for last too, if I can. Thrawn also makes Chaze very easy. Just fraction baze and go to town.
  • Options
    Take down chirrut to almost zero protection then oneshot him if baze taunt is down. Also B2, Boba, kylo and IG88 would help with buff immunity, execute and healing immunity
  • Options
    everyone falls to Annihilate one way or another sooner or later 66% of the time it works everytime!

mass Daze everyone ! ! if u cant defeat them, make them "useless" - Fracture, dispel when Baze taunts

harder in SA, no other characters with AOEDaze except for Maul.

maybe they should rework Phasma to get daze AOE? -off topic , but this is a good topic as well. @CG_Kozispoon

• Options
    Glad it's working our for you OP. Another piece I'd like to add is turn order.

Turn order thay works well against Chaze with your squad is:

R2->Leia->CLS

Because R2 and Leia will use their specials (smokescreen and Leia's buffs) to quickly boost Baze's TM. By the time Leia's turn is over, Naze should clear your stealth (except Leia because she has foresight) and lose his taunt. Then you can go to town on whoever.
  • Options
    Buff immunity baze, kill chirrut. It’s that easy
  • Options
    Fracture.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Putnam wrote: »
    Buff immunity baze, kill chirrut. It’s that easy

☝️

It’s not complicated. Buff immunity on Baze, stun CI, go to town.

Speed up your r2. Speed up your han and aa, too. If it were me, turn order would go CLS, r2 (with a speed of just a few short of Luke), aa, leia, then han. CLS does his thing. You can use r2 to either stun CI in your chaze scenario or smoke screen. AA tactical genius so that when leia goes next and uses her stealth she’ll automatically get another turn. Follow all that up with a fast STH and you can all go fairly quickly after that. Don’t use CLS’ CtA again if you can help it. You DO NOT want to use tactical genius right before STH goes otherwise he’ll lose his taunt too fast. Nor do you want to use it with Baze able to use his mass dispel. That would be a disaster. Your matches should be relatively easy.
  • Options
    Considering I don't have a dispeller on my arena team, I don't fight them there. But if I'm fighting them in GW, I use Resistance because I can 1) use Poe to buff immunity Baze, 2) Use RT to dispel the taunt, 3) destroy everyone other than them, then take out Baze then Chirrut.

I find Resistance really effective to take out teams with Chaze in it.